Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you guys see during sleep paralysis? do you hang a predator poster on the ceiling?
Luckily I didn't see anything during (did occasionally hear something though that might have been family members pottering around). I learned to just relax and go back to sleep so I could wake up again without the paralysis. Scariest times were when I would wake up 3 times in a row paralysed. I was afraid it was permanent. Luckily it wasn't but in those moments... scary.

As for what people see, it is usually down to what is in their cultural consciousness. In the days when people feared witches, they saw the old hag. In more modern times with aliens on TV people see aliens. In other cultures with different myths they see different things. The hallucinations are waking nightmares triggered by the fear you experience when semi waking while still in sleep state so really whatever you fear your mind creates usually.

It is usually triggered more commonly while sleeping on your back. Might be part of why I havent had it in years (touch wood). Being a belly sleeper has one advantage I guess.

I don't see anything, it's more just a dark sense of foreboding. It was more extreme in my 20s... nowadays on the rare occasion it happens, my subconscious seems to be wise to it and I just kick back til it passes.

Wow, this topic blew up! Anyways, I think it’s likely that at least some 1/6 dollies will be featured on paranormal shows, TikTok or a haunted museum somewhere. This hobby is way too low-brow for that not to happen.

People who do bad things to others.
1707749806081.gif

You see a dream version of the room you’re sleeping in. You can’t see the thing you know is in the room with you.

They make predator posters?
I still remember one I had when I was a teenager - I thought I'd woken up, room was the same and whatever the fk it was was on the other side of a thin-paned external glass door calling my name.

I still remember one I had when I was a teenager - I thought I'd woken up, room was the same and whatever the fk it was was on the other side of a thin-paned external glass door calling my name.
The human subconscious is a twisted machine. It’ll scare the hell out of you while peacefully sleeping in your bed, but it’ll completely ignore an alarm clock when you’re already late.

The human subconscious is a twisted machine. It’ll scare the hell out of you while peacefully sleeping in your bed, but it’ll completely ignore an alarm clock when you’re already late.
Well, in my case I wake up to the alarm, get up, shower, brush teeth, head out to work, sign in, work for hours, go to lunch, return to work, eventually finish then start heading to finally go home then BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP I am shocked awake by the alarm and realise I spent my rest time dreaming I was at work all day and it is now time to go to work.

Back