Things I Love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you love that?

How can you not? Are you not humbled to witness the idyll of Chinese peasantry? Do you not marvel at the photogenic farm girl's grasp of minimalist decor and superior video production values as she dutifully acquits her role as virginal daughter and culinary expert? The Party salutes her hairy tofu!

There, there, steak for everyone!

images

Hey, how did that grass gets in there?

I....****ing......LOVE....killing mosquitoes. Especially when it's in your room for hours and you can't track the goddamn thing cause they're damn near invisible, and it has the gall to buzz right next to your ear like Maverick buzzing the tower in Top Gun.

Then....you see an opening, approach with caution, and BAM! See you in hell bloodsucker!

I also love killing cockroaches. Here in Japan we have some nasty ugly BIG cockroaches. Big dark brown ones that scuttle in a fashion that repulses and induces instant nausea. (They can fly too.) Bastards are fast. But when you corner him and smash him to oblivion, it feels so good. That's what they get for daring to enter MY living domicile.

Although I've been known to kill them outdoors too. Once I rode my bike by one in the street, turned around, and crushed that sinner with my bike tires. I left the corpse as a warning to his wife and children. Don't mess with me.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, the cockroaches are gonna win out, and still be scurrying their repulsive scurry long after mankind is extinct. But I'm still doing my part. I'm taking every one of those nasty bastards out just on general principle.

Not the only recent banning. Check out this one

Spoiler Spoiler:

I see no reason to doubt him. Mods on a power trip I say.

Not the only recent banning. Check out this one

Spoiler Spoiler:

I see no reason to doubt him. Mods on a power trip I say.

Gee, what sort of world do we live in when people don't trust you're a legit seller even though your username is legitseller. The clue is in the name forgodsakes.

I love 'Try On Haul' videos. I want to thank youtube for randomly recommending one to me and then keeping them coming quite consistently thereafter.

That happened since last April :lol.

There are a load of people on here who I just forget ever having a problem with. I vaguely remember him having a few things to say I *ahem* robustly disagreed with, but beyond that he draws a blank.

I love 'Try On Haul' videos. I want to thank youtube for randomly recommending one to me and then keeping them coming quite consistently thereafter.

I've never seen those, I might give them a go. Somehow I got caught in the 'react video' vortex... every now and again I find myself watching reactions to stand-ups, songs, sports and visual fx.

Yeah, he used to be a regular in one thread in the video game section. Snoop tried to reverse his ban (after I asked him), but Dave decided to keep it. The dude had a decent-sized collection, but he was way too immature and often times inappropriate.

Like you, I can barely remember most of the arguments that happened here. I haven't been on SSF a lot these days, but it seems like a lot of folks have left.

Yeah, he used to be a regular in one thread in the video game section. Snoop tried to reverse his ban (after I asked him), but Dave decided to keep it. The dude had a decent-sized collection, but he was way too immature and often times inappropriate.

Like you, I can barely remember most of the arguments that happened here. I haven't been on SSF a lot these days, but it seems like a lot of folks have left.

Every now and then I Google old topics looking for something or other, and an flood of user names comes up I no longer see. I guess SSF members age out, leave the hobby, migrate to Facebook, or just get tired of the same old thing. To be fair, the board user experience has deteriorated over time but I don't think that's the only reason. My own usage has spiked but that's because the pandemic has me indoors much, much more.

I don't get the migrating to facebook. I've never wanted to talk about this hobby on facebook, nor would I like the posting format on there even if I did.

Aging out or leaving the hobby? I can understand, respect and be envious of that. I should have gotten a life years ago. Now we're in a ****ing pandemic and there's virtually nothing else to do except come here :lol :banghead

I don't get the migrating to facebook.

Facebook has terrible functionality for archiving, search (to be fair our search function here is trash now) and tracking complex conversations, but people like the instantaneous responses enabled by a massive user base, some of whom are young or new to discussion groups and are barely aware of old forum software.

It's inferior technology but it's got a higher population.

[...] Aging out or leaving the hobby? I can understand, respect and be envious of that. I should have gotten a life years ago. Now we're in a ****ing pandemic and there's virtually nothing else to do except come here :lol :banghead

:lol ... my engagement with this hobby has fluctuated. I think it probably peaked around 2014, but due to the pandemic I've been more active here than ever, in spite of my actual collecting winding down.

I can run outside, work out at home, tinker with my projects, but the only people I've seen face to face are my girlfriend and my elderly parent ... after that there's not a lot left to do but hang around on the internet either discussing stuff or watching movies and streaming tv.

I didn't work for a good portion of the initial lockdown, and only just started working again sporadically. Things remain very much up in the air.

I can say with confidence I'm close to "done' with one-sixth, but mainly because any other properties I'm truly interested in either won't be made or won't be re-visited. After initially keeping a few favourite 1/12 pieces I recently sold that off too. I like the much leaner and more final collection I have going now. I'm sure something somewhere will turn up in the next few years, but I'm no longer in the game at the level we've all been in at one time or another.

I guess facebook is fine for those who either don't have long attention spans or who, in fairness, just don't have the time to go in-depth into conversations about this stuff. Because it sucks for navigating a topic - lets drop the user randomly into a middle of all the comments and give them the option of viewing...not all previous messsages, maybe 10 of them, and they have to keep pressing that button to go back and back and back and back and back - god help them if they're looking for any one person's comment in particular. Worse still if that person's comment was a reply to someone else's comment and that's a whole other can of worms.

Twitter is likewise a demoralizing navigation experience.

No, give me the old-style forum any day of the week....even if the admin stopped maintaining it years ago :lol

Back