Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aew.gif

Watched the first season of Treadstone. The finale set up a whole bunch of unresolved story arcs and it ended on a cliffhanger. I googled 'second season Treadstone' to find out when it'd be landing.

Turns out it's been cancelled for lack of interest :gah:

I hate when that happens. I think most of my favorite shows have been cancelled throughout the years. The most recent cancellation that really annoyed me was The Man in the High Castle.

I hate when that happens. I think most of my favorite shows have been cancelled throughout the years. The most recent cancellation that really annoyed me was The Man in the High Castle.

That got cancelled? I've had that on my watchlist for a while, I've just been waiting for the right mood. I thought it might have a bit of a 'Counterpart' vibe if you ever watched that series. No danger of that being cancelled on you, it only ran two seasons and wrapped things up nicely.

That got cancelled? I've had that on my watchlist for a while, I've just been waiting for the right mood. I thought it might have a bit of a 'Counterpart' vibe if you ever watched that series. No danger of that being cancelled on you, it only ran two seasons and wrapped things up nicely.

Yeah, the last season aired in 2019. I was pretty disappointed because it ended in a cliff-hanger, and some character arcs were never resolved. But, it's still VERY much worth it, and it's an interesting take on what would've happened to the world had the Nazis won WWII. I haven't seen Counterpart as yet (thanks for the reminder!!), but it seems pretty similar to The Man In The High Castle.

I remember when this place had mods... I wonder what became of Shell/AdoptedScot...

Languishing in the guilt over betraying a friend to appease a jerkoff dog pack?

If only there were a gentlemen?s club or something on this board, a place where hyper-masculine, homophobic, misogynyist, racist, classist, anti-intellectual bigots could feel safe from bullies like you.

I genuinely lol?d.

I missed it completely. :rotfl

Yeah. Some place like that.

Wait. I actually had a thing.

I hate getting banned on facebook. Three times this year for 30 days, and every time it's happened as a major political eruption was occuring. Got hit when the lockdowns started. Got hit when the riots started. Got hit as the election is going down.

Anyone know how many bans it takes to get to the center of the Tootise Pop?

Wait. I actually had a thing.

I hate getting banned on facebook. Three times this year for 30 days, and every time it's happened as a major political eruption was occuring. Got hit when the lockdowns started. Got hit when the riots started. Got hit as the election is going down.

Anyone know how many bans it takes to get to the center of the Tootise Pop?

I returned to Facebook activity during lockdown in mid-March, and deleted my 14-year account by the end of June. I don't miss a damn thing and my quality of life has improved.

Languishing in the guilt over betraying a friend to appease a jerkoff dog pack?

Weak as piss that was.

The forum that tolerated that abuse is also the forum that deleted the 'Coronavirus Tracker' thread I created in February. Would've been an interesting historical record, but it vanished months ago for no apparent reason. It's clearly fine to call people pedos and openly lust after their young family members, but not fine to talk about one of the significant events in our history. Sums up the current zeitgeist really.

I was really disappointed with her. Keeping the peace is the worst excuse ever for lowering standards to the point where pigs can walk on their hind legs. It's like welfare for stupidity.

I returned to Facebook activity during lockdown in mid-March, and deleted my 14-year account by the end of June. I don't miss a damn thing and my quality of life has improved.

I'm part of a couple discussion groups that are fascinating as hell. One is a Roman Provenance group, helmed by the author of "Creating Christ". Pretty extensive study of how Christianity as a religion was invented by Roman nobility. If I could manage to stay away from everything else, I'd be fine.

[...]
I'm part of a couple discussion groups that are fascinating as hell. One is a Roman Provenance group, helmed by the author of "Creating Christ". Pretty extensive study of how Christianity as a religion was invented by Roman nobility. If I could manage to stay away from everything else, I'd be fine.

I was a member of some interesting groups on FB as well, but in the end the whole thing felt tired and just...wrong. I guess I got tired of hearing myself complain about the platform I was on voluntarily and decided to do something about it. :lol

My problems were threefold:

1. Noise. Lots of it on FB.
2. Functionality. Meaningful, easy-to-track discussions are difficult to have on that interface.
3. Having FB aggregate my data. My interests and buying habits are straightforward and an open book, but I resent being tracked on principle.

I knew when I left I would miss certain things and it would likely make me fall out of touch with some people, but I was willing to accept that and my daily mental state just feels better, so I guess it was the right decision for me.

I also wiped Twitter and the only social media I still use (besides a couple of forum boards iike this one) is Instagram. Owned by Facebook with ubiquitous tracking, yes, but less noise and a simpler experience. I'll accept it for now.

I do get pretty sick of hiding ads. And it looks like Parler would be better for discussion groups.

Instagram is much more peaceful. I don’t even know how to get banned there. :lol

Solid publication record, high student numbers, strong student feedback... I'll find out tomorrow if that's enough to keep my (supposedly tenured) job.

The only thing I'm good at is education and writing, and I'm sick of the former and there's no money in the latter.

I'm too old for this sh it

Back