There Can Be Only One: pick only one sixth scale figure to keep.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tough. Batman is #1 so Knightmare vs. Armor. So tough, but the level of badass of Batman in Armor is the winner for me.

Surprised there are no DC fans to stand by and defend their favorite character representation figure or sculpt . No Batman?
Also where are those insane Transformer, He-Man, Turtle, Poweranger and Pony fans who we've heard would sell off thiere own families for the right single figure or merch! :lol

Also this (in bold)^ made me sad.
It looked like Joe but the outfit threw me. :LOL:

As more have chosen their definitive champion!
The FREAKing PANTHEON keeps expanding!
i1Qwk43.jpg

Edit^ One goes down.

Finally we have a DC character in the Pantheon with Batman (don't know what gen figure or if it was a statue being referenced?)
As well as his armored millionaire Marvel counterpart.
mr walker managed to cleverly hold on to three characters with the GBU "set", ( I'm convinced, although ZE_501 might need to challenge him on that "non-choice"?)
I know there are several missing, this just started as a for fun character "portrait" primarily consolidating one representation per character, as the Vaders and Terminators variations would have taken over, although I have added some variations. ..
(ZE_501 maintains the actual ongoing list:wink1:).

Last edited:
Thread necro, but the fact that I gave a half-hearted answer bothers me. This thread is primarily about a piece you own and are attached to more than the others. And I mentioned a statue I don't even own. Honestly, I was too "desperate" to have a piece of Doom there that I didn't answer truthfully. It's silly, but that was my line of thinking. Even if I did own it, I don't think it'd represent anything in particular beyond being a Doom piece. I try and collect all Doom related things these days (or most, anyhow) so it wouldn't be special. The bottom line is, it's relatively recent so there'd be no history involved. And it's a statue. By my nature, if I kept one thing from my nerdy pop culture collection, it'd be a figure, since I see this collection as my "grown up toys". A statue would feel hollow. No pictures to be taken, no playability, nothing to remind me of any fun times.

I could go on a rant again, about eras and aesthetics and childhood toys (what little remains anyhow), but if I’m being truthful, there’s really nothing. I see my current HT collection as one big whole. Every piece is just part of the puzzle. Even if something like a “grail” came along, I doubt it’d have a bigger emotional response towards it over anything else. There’s this Patrick Bateman fig I have on PO that could qualify, maybe. Or the BCS 10th Doctor I have with Tennant’s signature. The closest I could name to older toys with a “story” behind them, would be some Minimates from the 2000s. Maybe their first Doom, the Ultimates or the New X-Men pack. I have them somewhere. Maybe those old Lego Batman & RotS sets I wanted but could never find. But would they mean anything over the rest? Maybe the first 40K miniatures I painted. There were some old Batman figures I had since I was a toddler which were eventually given away. They were just toys, part of the whole. I never had that “one” favourite.

As it stands I just have nothing that elicits any special response from me. I’d say just take me off that collage. I gave a fake answer just to give one. I could deal in hypotheticals or mention older figures from my time, but really there’s just nothing I’d single out over everything else. Nothing like that exists within my current owned things and even if there is a figure I’d like over the rest, there is no bond there. Maybe one day they’ll release something that’ll be a throwback to some particular film/game/character, but at the moment there’s just nothing. Maybe HT will anounce a RotS Vader complete with the operating table and a burned Anakin, or the MCU Doom will be comic accurate and I'll finally have the perfect figure, but as it is, there's just nothing. Th stuff I'm nostalgic for really didn't get much merch.

Last edited:
Thinking about it a little, as much as I love my sw and marvel 1/6 figs, but if I could only keep one, I’d pick my custom tots Michael Myers. Not necessarily a grail per se, but MM is one of my all time favorite movie characters and he’s a nice stand alone figure.

I could MAYBE choose one of each of those things I like best, but no possible way could I choose just one. I can't. I don't have a wife or kids. This stuff is all I have. I really, really, reaaaalllly love this stuff.
This is your real life response. Alternate universe. Hypothetical. Just. One. There's nothing with a big Venn diagram that has multiple, meaningful touch-points?

[...] part of the whole. I never had that “one” favourite.
That's a very 'you' response. Your stuff is a web of endless reference points. But hypothetically, there could be that one thing. It's just never been made.

For me it's Hot Toys Spider-Man Tech Suit from Homecoming. I know he's basically a statue, but Spidey is my favorite. I'm waiting to see if the classic suit Spidey from the video game will dethrone him.

For me it would have to be the HT Tron Legacy lightcycle. There won’t be another one unless the new Tron movie ever actually goes into production and who knows if HT will actually make something from it even then.

For me it's Hot Toys Spider-Man Tech Suit from Homecoming. I know he's basically a statue, but Spidey is my favorite. I'm waiting to see if the classic suit Spidey from the video game will dethrone him.
I know what to expect from the Classic because it's the same body and material (most likely) as the Advanced, which was actually a great figure, so it's my most anticipated release.

I know what to expect from the Classic because it's the same body and material (most likely) as the Advanced, which was actually a great figure, so it's my most anticipated release.
Ah, that sounds promising! I won't know for sure until I have it in hand, but it sounds like a great figure even if doesn't become the Connor MacLeod of my collection.

That's a very 'you' response. Your stuff is a web of endless reference points. But hypothetically, there could be that one thing. It's just never been made.
I've always been like that. I never had that one obsession with anything in particular. I tried to cover as much ground as I could. I thought the point of the thread was to pick an item already in your collection that repesents something, a specific IP/character you love for X/Y/Z reasons, and also has a story behind it. I really don't have that, as I've said. If I look around for a piece I don't own but could have as a representation of everything... there's still nothing, really. My problem is that I "like" too many things yet have no unique attachment to anything. I don't have a favourite book. I don't have that one movie. I have some Top 10s, maybe, but even those shift. My interest in it all comes and goes. It spikes and then it dies. Even my nostalgia fluctuates. So when I look for something to pick as "the one" I check how many boxes it ticks. How many genres it covers, how many stories, and so on. It's why I pressured myself to answer something Doom related, and that statue looks great, but... It's just a statue. There's nothing more to it. Even Doom, that I like more than the rest, is a result of me liking the concept of the SuperGenius Sorcerer King moreso than the actual execution. And that goes for all Big 2 comics. There's so many different interpetations and clashing personalities due to the writers and stories. At some point it all becomes too hollow. Their characters never progress, they're always stuck in the same cycles. Any substance is lost.

I'm the type of person that, even if you told me that I could wish for that "one thing" and have it materialise, I still wouldn't be able to answer. It's less a case of not being able to choose and more being unable to find anything inside that cares that much more for X over Z. The characters that I've been invested to most of my life have been maybe 10. From them about half I don't care the slightest bit now. Doom remains because, like I said, he just works with whatever frame of mind I'm in. If I'm in a good mood, I can enjoy his hammy nature. If it's Halloween and I want to immerse myself in a nice Gothic tale, he works. Time Travel, Period Piece, Horror, whatever; he works with every single genre. So I stuck with that. But...

I'm just tired with pop culture in general. At this point I'm just looking for ways to "complete my collection" without spending too much. I'm downsizing my planned displays, reorganising my comic book library, and so on. Within five years I want to be more or less done with it all, apart from the odd buy. Too much merch is popping up, too much milking. I was having fantasies about going deep into the X-Men and building a whole display, but I'm too tired. And that's not taking into account the MCU's changes from the source. Something like the Iconiq Bateman fig, while not on HT quality, excites me. The superhero and SW and whatever stuff are just for me to plug holes. Few things from there genuinely interest me.

But I can't really pick one thing. Even in my fantasies I wouldn't know what that piece would be. It's why I bumped to be removed from that collage if possible.

Depends how you look at it.

If it's one thing out of every geeky thing I own, then it's my original 70's Han Solo blaster that my father bought me after we saw Star Wars when I was about five years old. Not only did I love that blaster as a kid, and got years of play out of that thing, it represents so many different things for me, and has so many memories tied to it. It is the one item from my childhood that has travelled with me my whole life, and will, I think, continue to do so until I kick this mortal coil.

If it's one thing that I purchased in my many years of being a collector, that's a much harder choice, but ultimately I guess it would have to be Hot Toys Han Solo & Chewbacca A New Hope twin pack release, with custom Han Solo head sculpt. Again, in a great many ways it represents where it all started for me, the building blocks of my geekdom that never really waned, and Han Solo is still my favourite character, and as such I still get a legitimate kick out of looking at Han and Chewie standing there in a quality I never could have imagined I'd ever see back in the day (even if it did take a custom sculpt and a bit of work to get them looking their best). It also represents exactly when I fell down Hot Toys Star Wars rabbit hole, for better or worse, so I guess there's that, too... :lol

Last edited:
Actually, let's take it a step further. Out of all your pop culture collectibles -- statues, action figures, vehicles, helmets comics, omnibuses etc. -- choose the one thing to represent all of it. Just one artifact to represent all the pop culture and genre entertainment you've consumed for your whole life.

Only one. Be brutal. Let go. You can only take one item through life, moving forward.

Although I don't own it yet, I'll go out on a limb and say the upcoming HT Classic Spider-Man. That one figure's costume overlaps so many eras of my life, and reaches right back to childhood where my earliest action figure memory is a Mego Spidey. (I think it was, anyway).

It also pops with classic comic graphics and it's just fun.
An interesting exercise, ZE_501. Great thread, which has been an amusing read.

We collectors by nature amass things, to varying degrees. So choosing just one and only one is very counter to how we live.

It would difficult to forgo everything else, especially the runner ups on the list I made. Ultimately, it would have to be the EFX Signature Edition Episode V Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot Helmet.

ESB is my top Star Wars movie, Luke is a favorite character, pilots and ships are the most important part of Star Wars to me, it’s signed by Mark Hamill, and there’s only a handful in the world.

Last edited:
An interesting exercise, ZE_501. Great thread, which has been an amusing read.

We collectors by nature amass things, to varying degrees. So choosing just one and only one is very counter to how we live.

It would difficult to forgo everything else, especially the runner ups on the list I made. Ultimately, it would have to be the EFX Signature Edition Episode V Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot Helmet.

ESB is my top Star Wars movie, Luke is a favorite character, pilots and ships are the most important part of Star Wars to me, it’s signed by Mark Hamill, and there’s only a handful in the world.
An excellent choice. A rare, quality piece with personal *and* historical/cultural significance.

Depends how you look at it.

If it's one thing out of every geeky thing I own, then it's my original 70's Han Solo blaster that my father bought me after we saw Star Wars when I was about five years old. Not only did I love that blaster as a kid, and got years of play out of that thing, it represents so many different things for me, and has so many memories tied to it. It is the one item from my childhood that has travelled with me my whole life, and will, I think, continue to do so until I kick this mortal coil.
I used to have one! Back when you could run around with a dark gray replica weapon without causing mass panic. 😬

Had a blast with that toy.

(See what I did there?)

I used to have one! Back when you could run around with a dark gray replica weapon without causing mass panic. 😬

Had a blast with that toy.

(See what I did there?)
And now you can't even buy DC action figures with guns...

One of the reasons the responses are so interesting. Some people can't/won't entertain the notion even hypothetically. :LOL:
Yes, that has been amusing. But I will say even in this hypothetical experiment, it was a little heart-rending to think about.

We’re collectors because we’re predisposed to be that way. But it’s good to gain some perspective now and then.

I appreciate that you’ve been keeping a list. You should keep your original post updated with it for ease of reference.

Back