The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if he's also got the Bond role in the bag and it's yet to be announced. If he nabbed both Superman and Bond, I could see why he'd leap off Witcher despite his love for the character.

I wonder if he's also got the Bond role in the bag and it's yet to be announced. If he nabbed both Superman and Bond, I could see why he'd leap off Witcher despite his love for the character.
Isn't he also playing the lead in the Highlander remake? I think he would've dropped that project before Geralt if things hadn't been such a mess behind the scenes on the Witcher show, he was begging Netflix to cast him as Geralt and he said on multiple occasions he would've stayed commited to the show even if he was still playing Superman as long as it followed and respected the source material, I can only assume the third season is so bad and what the writers have planned for the future is such a slap in the face to the fans watching that he just called it quits after being given Superman back.

This hit me so hard, on my bed since the news was revealed,can't move,tearing like a kid,also listening to "last of us" soundtrack which makes everything even worse.

They probably can’t cancel the series because they have plans for some more anime projects linked to the main series (even though the first one was trash).

Can’t feel sad for the news, I mean, half of the s1 finale was mages asking themselves telepathically “Can you hear me?” “Do you hear me?” “Are you there?” like 100 times.

This hit me so hard, on my bed since the news was revealed,can't move,tearing like a kid,also listening to "last of us" soundtrack which makes everything even worse.
Cheer up bud at least there wont' be a reason to keep watching this mediocre show now! :lol Plus the games are still and were and will always be superior and there's also the remake of the first one coming as well as the new game trilogy so Witcher fans still have cool things to look forward to.

Cheer up bud at least there wont' be a reason to keep watching this mediocre show now! :lol Plus the games are still and were and will always be superior and there's also the remake of the first one coming as well as the new game trilogy so Witcher fans still have cool things to look forward to.
Exactly the Witcher remake is something to look forward to. Imagine the first game remade in the Unreal 5 engine. Think of the extract content they will add in to it.
Something to look forward to indeed.

Thank you legend! Future is bright!!!:1-1: Netflix didn't deserve Henry anyway, writing was just horrible. I don't blame him,but the way this was revealed was just shocking and very unexpected...

Geralt for Superman,never related to Thanos as much lol
IMG_20221029_231920_418.jpg

Yeah that's pretty much the end of it. I won't be watching anything on Netflix that is tied to their Witcher. I'll be happy enough with the witcher 1 remake and Witcher 4, and Witcher 3 PS5 version when all of it drops. Definitely excited and happy for all that. I wish Henry the best he gave us an exceptional portrayal of Geralt of Rivia.

The first season was OK, but there was a lot I didn't like. A lot of casting choices, costumes, buildings, environments. The fact they had real life little people play dwarves instead of doing what LOTR and Hobbit did. That sort of thing. I liked Henry Cavil as Geralt though.
But I made it through season 1.
I watched season 2 up until we meet Eskel. That was the last straw. Stopped watching after that. Glad I did as I understand season 2 deviated a great deal from the books.
I did see something online that suggested the writers of thr show didn't like the Witcher books or games and after watching some of the show I can believe it.
There are rumours that this is the reason HC left, because of creative differences and the lack of staying true to the books and/or games.

I love the show, and the games, and the books. Things are allowed to change in the jump from one type of media to the next, being too precious about source material can be detrimental from a creator & consumer point of view.

If it is because of DC, I can’t believe we lose Cavill in a trade off for another mediocre superman film. They should just start from scratch than try to redeem the formerly Snyderverse, it was never going to be a good series’s of films.

I love the show, and the games, and the books. Things are allowed to change in the jump from one type of media to the next, being too precious about source material can be detrimental from a creator & consumer point of view.

If it is because of DC, I can’t believe we lose Cavill in a trade off for another mediocre superman film. They should just start from scratch than try to redeem the formerly Snyderverse, it was never going to be a good series’s of films.

I’ll take another mediocre Superman films as opposed to this poorly executed show. Season 2 was trash.

Well this is some crazy news. I can't say I was super invested in the show (enjoyed the first season but struggled to get through the second), but Cavill was still fantastic in the role and the one thing that made it worth watching.

I just can't see Liam Hemsworth having near the same screen presence, no matter how much he bulks up for it.

Disagree. The show has to leave some things behind in case they only get 4-5 seasons.
I would almost agree with you if they merely dropped content, but there were so many things wrong with this show that you can’t possibly ignore??

They actually did the opposite of leaving out existing content and instead wrote in a completely new villain who was found nowhere in the books which was a pathetic attempt to pretend they were trying to preserve any European mythology by ripping off baba yaga which was all around painfully stupid and contributed nothing to the story.

They killed off Eskel for no reason. They completely misinterpreted (or more likely intentionally undid) Vesemir’s entire moral foundation. And worst of all, they completely changed Yennefer from a total badass into a whiny teenager who only knows how to express emotions by dropping the f bomb as many times as she can in one sentence.

The writing was Anakin and Padme on Naboo levels of cringe in Season 2. I have no idea how anyone could enjoy this, let alone attempt to excuse the trash that was that show by chalking it up to simply missing story elements.

Season 2 felt like the creators were actively trying to dismantle everything having to do with the books’ core character concepts. I’m so glad Cavill is moving on from those toxic showrunners. And I can’t wait to see the next Superman film.

I'm not familiar with the books or games, but the second season definitely felt like a downgrade to me. And honestly, three seasons of this show was about all I was really good for anyway. Lol

Back