The Wheel of Time- Amazon Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the sfx was pretty good personally, especially the vistas/environmental scenes in 4k hdr

Agree about the vistas/environments. The trollocs too. It's more some of the action/climax/magic bits that to me just didn't quite look right.

I've enjoyed the books that I have read (up through #7), but this show didn't capture the magic. A lot of really weird story telling choices, beginning with changing the main character. I also always imagined that in the WoT, unlike every other fantasy story, people spoke with American accents, not crappy British accents. The SFX are lacking. Some of the camera work looks like a CW show. The acting is pretty hit and miss. Overall I find it to be a fun guilty pleasure, but not great. LotR better not end up like this.
I haven't read the books, but thought it was a 7/10. Can you please advise how they changed the main character?

Moiraine is a main character in the books, but she is not The Main Character. That honor goes to Rand. Also, the mystery that any of the 5 Two Rivers kids could be the DR cheapens each of their stories.

My biggest complaint with the changes is that Rand being the DR is sort of not the main point, In the books, Rand power is highlighted by the fact that HE kills the entire trolloc army from the eye of the world......its not Egwene and Nynave.....they had nothing to do with it.

Moiraine is a main character in the books, but she is not The Main Character. That honor goes to Rand. Also, the mystery that any of the 5 Two Rivers kids could be the DR cheapens each of their stories.
Thanks for clarifying.

My biggest complaint with the changes is that Rand being the DR is sort of not the main point, In the books, Rand power is highlighted by the fact that HE kills the entire trolloc army from the eye of the world......its not Egwene and Nynave.....they had nothing to do with it.
Ah, that's very interesting. I had no issue with them doing that in the show (being ignorant of the books), but now knowing Rand was meant to have killed the army, I don't find it surprising that they made the change to fit in with contemporary Hollywood programming.

Ah, that's very interesting. I had no issue with them doing that in the show (being ignorant of the books), but now knowing Rand was meant to have killed the army, I don't find it surprising that they made the change to fit in with contemporary Hollywood programming.
Well, whats strange about it is, the Aes Sedai are plenty powerful….the could have showcased that ij numerous ways. We do not see how powerful Nyneave and Egwene are till much later in the books.

I doubt it was to fill any agendas, more like they wanted to bring in the fact that all the Two Rivers travelers are T’varen . and each has a major power in thier own right. Which becomes very important later.

The Aws Sedai are like a refined welding torch, control and finessee, Rand is more like a box of TnT at this point.

I think they just choose to show the ladies power earlier in the story to set up some future conflicts earlier. That said, I wish they had shown more of gow out of control Rand is right now.

With the production being hampered so badly due to the axtor playing Mat leavung midway through, I am not sure what the hell they are gonna do. Its obvious they chnaged alot there because all of them were supossed to be together at the EOTW and that couldnt happen because the actor left.

It's always disruptive to say the least when an actor is replaced, it isn't clear why he left either is it?

It's always disruptive to say the least when an actor is replaced, it isn't clear why he left either is it?
Its been very tight lipped. NDAS and all.
He left after the 6th episode, so they had to wrote him out and reshoot some things.

Obviously they will have to change the story to say why he looks different also.

Its been very tight lipped. NDAS and all.
He left after the 6th episode, so they had to wrote him out and reshoot some things.

Obviously they will have to change the story to say why he looks different also.
He apparently didn’t want to be vaccinated for Covid and that was a deal breaker.

Yeas zero evidence for that. Also rumors of family sickness.......sexual assault ...etc etc

Just got around to watching the 1st with the 2nd season coming along in a few months.

I enjoyed it. Have never read the books, so I don't have issues with it deviating from that story. Not too fond of some of the characters though. Nyneave is utterly annoying. I know she is meant to be one of the main characters in the book, but I really just can't stand her character.
Love Moriaine,and they should thank their lucky stars that they have someone like Rosamund Pike in the series. The rest of the actors are pretty average. I hope she remains as a lead throughout the series, even if she was more of a supporting character in the books.

Anyway, looking forward to season 2.

Season Two

Episode 1 : A taste of Solitude

REALLY great to have WOT back on Amazon. Last season struggled due to comparisons to LOTR and a mostly hostile internet response to horrible marketing. The story was pretty on point and once the show got going, it came together to get the introductions out of the way, and set the stage.

With season one jitters out of the way, it seem like Season 2 may be a banger. Episode 1 did a fantastic job of setting the stakes in The Great Hunt, and manages to get us right back into each characters headspace, without being repetitive.

The acting, effects and story moved wonderfully together. It had some crazy good action scenes, along side some real emotional gravity for the Two Rivers gang.

We also start to see the larger world , and what each group designs are for the main characters.

If your still on the fence about this, shoot through some recaps on Youtube and give the new season a shot. Looks really good , Jordans plot lines amd characters were very much cemented in just episode 1.

This world is DEEP lots of things going on simultaneously.

I HIGHLY recommend watching with subtitles to help with character names, locations and races to help with remembering the important details. Theh are going for the whole enchilada in this series.....if they pull it off it will be epic.

I will need a recap video or two on YouTube even though I watched the first season lol

There's so many series I forget who people are and what happened, must be an age thing!

I really don't like Nynaeve, is anyone else in the same boat? Don't mind Rand, Perrin, Matt and Egwene, but Nynaeve is just unlikeable.

Acting has certainly improved this season because the Two Rivers gang were all pretty woeful in the first season.

Back