The Walking Dead - comic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things are about to pick up....

Spoiler Spoiler:

With the current TV arc and this..... Walking Dead is full steam ahead and it is incredible. Can't wait for next issue!

I don't think Rick has anything to worry about. Seems more likely that he is going to muck up the whisperers' plan as a show of loyalty to Rick.

Anyone hear about the Negan origin story they are putting out 4 pages at a time over the next year in image+ magazine? About time we got some more info on Negan!

Yeah I am pretty excited to learn more about Negan. He had to have been a total (pardon the expression) "buttmunch" before the outbreak. :lol

:lol

He'll probably end up being a normal nice guy or maybe an actual governor or something. Or maybe a minor league baseball player!

He'll either be exactly the same as he is or he'll be a complete 180. In either case, I can't wait to see what's in store. The format they are being released isn't ideal, but it's certainly better than nothing.

Pretty excited about the story. Not the best format, I wish they would have this as just a big individual issue, but it will help move there magazine.

Just got done reading it. Was awesome. Loved seeing

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still wish these would start coming out every two weeks. The wait sucks, but it is expected from a comic book.

I can't help but wonder if Negan is actually going to try and take out Alpha himself and prevent the war from ever starting. He's already messed with Rick once when his cell was left unlocked. He could have escaped then, but didn't. So why escape this time? I feel like he's out to prove something. Perhaps its that he can be trusted? Or that's what he wants them to think so he can stab them in the back later when it better suits him? I just don't think he's off to warn Alpha of Rick's war plans. Negan is a big picture guy and I can see him patiently waiting to strike his revenge at the perfect moment.

I still can't tell if Negan was being sarcastic or not when All Out War was ending and he said he understood Rick's vision of the future. Its possible something did click for him then to some extent. I don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself Negan could join the group eventually or if there is something there. I mean, I still can't believe how quickly they forgave Dwight for killing Abraham. I sure haven't. So if they could forgive Dwight and welcome him to the group, why not Negan someday too? I mean that's the one goal of prison right - to reform people?

In any case, Negan continues to be one of the most, if not the most, interesting character in the series. I'm glad they didn't off him at the end of All Out War because he is so fun to have around. I think Kirkman regretted killing the Governor off so soon (heck he wrote 4 novels about the guy afterward) and he's fixing that mistake by keeping Negan around much longer.

Hi guys. I want to start reading the comics. Can someone give me a beginners guide to how to go about it. Do I have to buy it in issues/volumes/how many is there to buy etc? Thanks.

Compendiums 1, 2, and 3 will get you 97%+ of the material with just a few more issues beyond compendium #3 will get you current.

I can't help but wonder if Negan is actually going to try and take out Alpha himself and prevent the war from ever starting. He's already messed with Rick once when his cell was left unlocked. He could have escaped then, but didn't. So why escape this time? I feel like he's out to prove something. Perhaps its that he can be trusted? Or that's what he wants them to think so he can stab them in the back later when it better suits him? I just don't think he's off to warn Alpha of Rick's war plans. Negan is a big picture guy and I can see him patiently waiting to strike his revenge at the perfect moment.

I still can't tell if Negan was being sarcastic or not when All Out War was ending and he said he understood Rick's vision of the future. Its possible something did click for him then to some extent. I don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself Negan could join the group eventually or if there is something there. I mean, I still can't believe how quickly they forgave Dwight for killing Abraham. I sure haven't. So if they could forgive Dwight and welcome him to the group, why not Negan someday too? I mean that's the one goal of prison right - to reform people?

In any case, Negan continues to be one of the most, if not the most, interesting character in the series. I'm glad they didn't off him at the end of All Out War because he is so fun to have around. I think Kirkman regretted killing the Governor off so soon (heck he wrote 4 novels about the guy afterward) and he's fixing that mistake by keeping Negan around much longer.

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm hoping Negan 'escaped' so he can go and handle the Whisperer situation himself to show Rick that he is a better leader than Rick will ever be. I'm not so sure about Negan having a revenge plan against Rick, or if he even wants it. Not once did Negan agree with Brandon when he mentioned hating Rick. I think Negan sort of accepted his incarceration for his actions. I also think Negan needs to feel needed. He enjoyed Carl and Rick coming to him for advice. Remember when Rick went into the jail and said he needed Negan's help? Negan was so happy and said it's about f'n time. Who do you want me to kill?
As far of a stretch as it is and as much as I'd love to see it, I want Negan in Rick's group. I can't see it happening. Kirkman would really have to pull off some great writing to make that believable. But as you said, they accepted Dwight. Abraham who?

Back