Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly updated King Shark, with added teeth.

Screenshot 2021-10-06 at 21.08.41.png

Last edited:
I thought Joao Breda was pulling a leg with this one, but it's actually real.

sc.jpg

Looks like it was just 'Shark Chief' who was pulling a leg. :lol

This one has the benefit of arms you can safely bend, and a head that can be moved at the neck. Plus a severed leg!

Onesixthcorner has Shark Chief up with more pics and details. Only $175- not a bad price at all. Height is advertised as 35 cm, so he'll have a few centimeters to spare in the detolf, but he'll be a little shorter than the HT version.

Can you imagine the rage if Hot Toys had put that “Red Star” eyesore up for preorder?
These no-name third parties get a really great free pass sometimes!

I'm not sure I care anymore. Fun toy. Maybe not so fun at near $200.
Exactly, especially with no team to go with him.

Although come to think of it I did see a 3rd party Polkadot man which looked pretty good actually. Even with alternative lightup polkadot headsculpt which I thought was pretty innovative.

Exactly, especially with no team to go with him.

I made a space for HT King Shark among the original Suicide Squad members, Flag, Harley, Deadshot and Katana.

If I got the third party version he'd go with '66 Batman, and make use of the anti-shark spray.

Although come to think of it I did see a 3rd party Polkadot man which looked pretty good actually. Even with alternative lightup polkadot headsculpt which I thought was pretty innovative.

Polka-Dot Man didn't appeal, either as a character or visually.

Ratcatcher 2 and Weasel would be my next choices.

Weasel would be difficult, but I think there's a few companies who've made credible short-haired Monkey King figures.

Some details, and a couple of photos:

Height: about 35 cm
Material: soft vinyl material
Joints: mouth, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, hips, knees, ankles, a total of 14 joints left and right, many poses can be performed
Accessories:
open hand x2
closed mouth head x1
open mouth head x1
broken calf x1
book x1
blue grid shorts x1
orange shorts x1

Red Star Toys Shark Chief 2.jpg
Red Star Toys Shark Chief 3.jpg

They could add some knee articulation since it'll be covered by the shorts.

Maybe the crummy looking third party king Shark could be the behind the scenes figure of the guy that they had on set wearing a cheap styrofoam suit for motion capture and so the actors could get the eye lines right and then it gets digitally replaced with the Hot Toys figure in post-production.

If HT had followed thru with the rest of the squad, I was thinking they could've included a Zombie Starro headsculpt with each figure so we could build a custom zombie. Then we'd have a pretty decent army by the time we got the whole team. Maybe 3rd party will do it.

Back