The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ******* hyped that I got on the upcoming Ones/Distressed Labs Hobo Myers run 😎

Been looking to upgrade my current Ones Hobo for a wee while now.

This is gonna be pure 💯🔥

209569351_10220567810967248_193511492068862511_n.jpg

Did anyone here get the BBK Late Night Killer? What are the 2 additional head sculpts suppose to be? One is a pumpkin and the other a bald man with a mustache.

Attachments

• bbk myers.jpg
    bbk myers.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 102
The bald head is supposed to be Nick Castle, the stuntman who played Michael in '78 and made a cameo as Michael in 2018.

Plenty of people who do a great job. This is just my work. I'm sure there's someone out there even better.
bdff911d7c47ae8804fd386c2b89dd4b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I feel now is the time to talk about it, but I would advise anyone getting in this custom Michael Myers hobby to be very careful with this guy. "Chino", or "Yondu", he goes by several nicknames.
I hope admins will understand this message is important. It's not meant to be hateful, but informative, and to prevent people from being scammed like I was. I've thought about addressing the situation in the past but I was so disgusted I tried to focus on something else. I learnt I was not the only one who has been unfortunate enough to be scammed by this so-called "artist". To me he's a butcher and a thief, not an artist.
I also messaged Dean Knight about it a while ago since he's known in the Myers community for reviewing sculpts, but he hasn't replied. It's weird, because he also got scammed by Chino/Yondu, he also bought a fake Madbug 1 sculpt thinking it was the real deal.

This Chino/Yondu guy recasts sculpts and tries to make them pass as originals, especially the Madbug sculpts.
I quoted this specific post of his because here, you can see on the right (the two pictures on the right where it's written "mine") the Madbug sculpt is a recast. On the left (the one painted by Thomas where it's written "his") is the real Madbug 1 sculpt. The one on the bottom left actually looks like a legit Madbug 1 sculpt, it's probably the sculpt he uses to produce his terrible recasts.

I could post comparison pictures as I own a real Madbug 1 and a fake recast Madbug 1 (painted & haired by Chino/Yondu) if needed.
The recast head is a bit smaller, and you lose a ton of details, plus there are little holes on the sculpt. In the end it looks nothing like the original, it's terrible.

When I purchased the recast head, it was sold as the real deal and it was very expensive, as expensive as the real deal would be. And back then I didn't have enough experience to tell just by looking at pictures, especially when the pictures were well taken and lit in a certain way. Of course Chino will deny ever doing this, but I will post pics if needed and you'll recognize his (terrible) paintwork. And this post is a testimony of what he's been doing.

On top of this, he buys as many yunsil coveralls as he can find only to repaint them most of the time (ruining Yunsil's work) and then sell assembled figures.

Nobody should sell anything to him as he'll just butcher it to make his terrible "art" and sell it a fortune with recasts, and nobody should buy a Madbug from him as you'll get a fake sculpt. This guy is a fraud. He has been ruining what some passionate people like Magnus have been working on for years. I lost a lot of time & money because of this Chino/Yondu fraud.

And then he comes on this forum promoting his work like everything is normal, and tries to diminish the talent of real painters like Thomas & others who do a far better job than he ever has.

Please note his work is also sold through a specific ebay seller, I can't be sure if it's him or not on ebay. But whoever is running this ebay shop is selling his work with lame assembled customs & often fake recasts. If you want to know the name, I'll pm it to you so you don't get scammed.

If all of this was not enough, one of his new tricks has been to buy Trick or Treat 2018 Myers figures only to sell them after some mods & saying these were authentic Tinela coveralls! It's not, it's the mass produced coveralls by Trick or Treat using Tinela blueprints, but the material is not the same. But Chino is using Tinela's name & reputation. Pretty sure he will do the same for Kills.

This has to stop. I wouldn't have a problem if he just did custom figures for himself and eventually selling those to people who are interested, stating exactly what was used, without ruining Madbug or Tinela's reputations, and without scamming people who pay top dollar only to get fake things.

The list of trustworthy artists/people you should contact to get the real deal for your Myers custom: Fergo Black (knife & weapons), Nathan Eakins (paint & hair), Thomas Terbanc (paint & hair), Pete's Paintwork (paint & hair), Beto Matali (sculpt, paint, hair), Tinela (coveralls & weapons), Yunsil (coveralls), and of course the expert on all of this: Darth Magnus. This is the only list of people I trust and who have massive talent.

This Chino/Yondu guy has to be avoided. I wish someone had written this post way sooner so I would know.

I feel now is the time to talk about it, but I would advise anyone getting in this custom Michael Myers hobby to be very careful with this guy. "Chino", or "Yondu", he goes by several nicknames.
I hope admins will understand this message is important. It's not meant to be hateful, but informative, and to prevent people from being scammed like I was. I've thought about addressing the situation in the past but I was so disgusted I tried to focus on something else. I learnt I was not the only one who has been unfortunate enough to be scammed by this so-called "artist". To me he's a butcher and a thief, not an artist.
I also messaged Dean Knight about it a while ago since he's known in the Myers community for reviewing sculpts, but he hasn't replied. It's weird, because he also got scammed by Chino/Yondu, he also bought a fake Madbug 1 sculpt thinking it was the real deal.

This Chino/Yondu guy recasts sculpts and tries to make them pass as originals, especially the Madbug sculpts.
I quoted this specific post of his because here, you can see on the right (the two pictures on the right where it's written "mine") the Madbug sculpt is a recast. On the left (the one painted by Thomas where it's written "his") is the real Madbug 1 sculpt. The one on the bottom left actually looks like a legit Madbug 1 sculpt, it's probably the sculpt he uses to produce his terrible recasts.

I could post comparison pictures as I own a real Madbug 1 and a fake recast Madbug 1 (painted & haired by Chino/Yondu) if needed.
The recast head is a bit smaller, and you lose a ton of details, plus there are little holes on the sculpt. In the end it looks nothing like the original, it's terrible.

When I purchased the recast head, it was sold as the real deal and it was very expensive, as expensive as the real deal would be. And back then I didn't have enough experience to tell just by looking at pictures, especially when the pictures were well taken and lit in a certain way. Of course Chino will deny ever doing this, but I will post pics if needed and you'll recognize his (terrible) paintwork. And this post is a testimony of what he's been doing.

On top of this, he buys as many yunsil coveralls as he can find only to repaint them most of the time (ruining Yunsil's work) and then sell assembled figures.

Nobody should sell anything to him as he'll just butcher it to make his terrible "art" and sell it a fortune with recasts, and nobody should buy a Madbug from him as you'll get a fake sculpt. This guy is a fraud. He has been ruining what some passionate people like Magnus have been working on for years. I lost a lot of time & money because of this Chino/Yondu fraud.

And then he comes on this forum promoting his work like everything is normal, and tries to diminish the talent of real painters like Thomas & others who do a far better job than he ever has.

Please note his work is also sold through a specific ebay seller, I can't be sure if it's him or not on ebay. But whoever is running this ebay shop is selling his work with lame assembled customs & often fake recasts. If you want to know the name, I'll pm it to you so you don't get scammed.

If all of this was not enough, one of his new tricks has been to buy Trick or Treat 2018 Myers figures only to sell them after some mods & saying these were authentic Tinela coveralls! It's not, it's the mass produced coveralls by Trick or Treat using Tinela blueprints, but the material is not the same. But Chino is using Tinela's name & reputation. Pretty sure he will do the same for Kills.

This has to stop. I wouldn't have a problem if he just did custom figures for himself and eventually selling those to people who are interested, stating exactly what was used, without ruining Madbug or Tinela's reputations, and without scamming people who pay top dollar only to get fake things.

The list of trustworthy artists/people you should contact to get the real deal for your Myers custom: Fergo Black (knife & weapons), Nathan Eakins (paint & hair), Thomas Terbanc (paint & hair), Pete's Paintwork (paint & hair), Beto Matali (sculpt, paint, hair), Tinela (coveralls & weapons), Yunsil (coveralls), and of course the expert on all of this: Darth Magnus. This is the only list of people I trust and who have massive talent.

This Chino/Yondu guy has to be avoided. I wish someone had written this post way sooner so I would know.
Lmao what a joke

heres my halloween 4 WIP michael myers
need to fix his hair, change the hands, and add a little weathering to the mask
need someone to make me a bandaged face headsculpt too or maybe ill throw something together
but love this headsculpt

48037672796_3d3b1bd477_z.jpg

48037672706_6667394647_z.jpg
Did you hair over the sculpt hair?

Here is my collection thus far.

Attachments

• 20220130_133617.jpg
    20220130_133617.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220130_133625.jpg
    20220130_133625.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220130_133635.jpg
    20220130_133635.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 67
2E17EEE9-2C03-498B-B731-D1B460622E28.jpeg
Repainted the TOTS ‘78 headsculpt (the fade from flesh tone to white is a bit harsh around the cheekbone, maybe have to perform a light white wash to soften it), added a few sculpted hair strands to the sculpt; most notably the horn of hair above the left ear and the strand jutting out above the right ear. Sideshow body & knife for now.

Attachments

• A9E3246C-411E-4B5C-A9A0-7052805D839F.jpeg
    A9E3246C-411E-4B5C-A9A0-7052805D839F.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1652A875-88F8-48E3-83FF-DAF6774DCA83.jpeg
    1652A875-88F8-48E3-83FF-DAF6774DCA83.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 37
Repainted the TOTS ‘78 headsculpt (the fade from flesh tone to white is a bit harsh around the cheekbone, maybe have to perform a light white wash to soften it), added a few sculpted hair strands to the sculpt; most notably the horn of hair above the left ear and the strand jutting out above the right ear. Sideshow body & knife for now.
yeah i agree with you , it is a bit harsh , i would just dry brush some white to fade it in :exactly::rock:huh

Back