The NEXT Indiana Jones PF.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it realistic to expect a premium format for Indy 5?

I came to ask the very same thing! Would love to have a PF Indy 5 to complement my other 3...

For that matter, I'd love a PF Indy 3... Sure, it might be repetitive to outfit him in the same iconic costume with maybe an added tie, but I always loved to imagine what if we had gotten a gray suit and fedora ensemble referencing the Venice scenes... A guy can dream...

But I'll take what I can get!

Last edited:
I'm hoping Sideshow has at least 1 good PF Indy up their sleeve. Be it an updated Raiders Indy, Last Crusade or Indy 5.

I'm hoping Sideshow has at least 1 good PF Indy up their sleeve. Be it an updated Raiders Indy, Last Crusade or Indy 5.
The only problem is they don’t do mixed media anymore, so if they did do another Indy, it would be a statue with everything sculpted…except maybe the satchel strap, like the rifle strap being the only ‘mixed media’ element on the new Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite PF. :slap

The only problem is they don’t do mixed media anymore, so if they did do another Indy, it would be a statue with everything sculpted…except maybe the satchel strap, like the rifle strap being the only ‘mixed media’ element on the new Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite PF. :slap
That would be my fear as well. Though, the new Dracula and Van Helsing PFs are full mixed media so there is hope. I do hate that they've moved away from full on mixed media for the most part though. The whole point of the Premium Format line initial was to not be just a statue but a full mixed media museum type piece. Their LOTR PFs are why I started larger format statue collecting in the first place.

True, but the problem with the mixed media for me is literally the jacket. The jacket being made in a pleather material is 100% going to degrade over time, particularly in any warmer and humid climate. So while I love mixed media for cloth applications, pleather is a no go for me anymore. It definitely presents a problem for me since I still am searching for my holy grail Indy statue in 1/4 or 1/3 scale and on the whole, I prefer any character in my collection with normal clothes to be in mixed media. The jacket would have to be in real leather.

True, but the problem with the mixed media for me is literally the jacket. The jacket being made in a pleather material is 100% going to degrade over time, particularly in any warmer and humid climate. So while I love mixed media for cloth applications, pleather is a no go for me anymore. It definitely presents a problem for me since I still am searching for my holy grail Indy statue in 1/4 or 1/3 scale and on the whole, I prefer any character in my collection with normal clothes to be in mixed media. The jacket would have to be in real leather.
That's understandable as well. But if you take proper care with applying protectant over the pleather with 303 or something similar that is meant for pleather type materials 1-2 times a year at the very least, it'll last a lot longer than going untreated. I know Geewhiz customs has made replacement jackets for the original Indy PF out of real leather, so as long as it's possible to get the jacket off without destroying the statue in the process, there's always hope later if/when the jacket starts to degrade. It's not ideal to have to do that of course and spend even more money, but it's an option should the worst happen.

That's understandable as well. But if you take proper care with applying protectant over the pleather with 303 or something similar that is meant for pleather type materials 1-2 times a year at the very least, it'll last a lot longer than going untreated. I know Geewhiz customs has made replacement jackets for the original Indy PF out of real leather, so as long as it's possible to get the jacket off without destroying the statue in the process, there's always hope later if/when the jacket starts to degrade. It's not ideal to have to do that of course and spend even more money, but it's an option should the worst happen.
I have religiously applied protective coating to the jacket for years, but I still get flaking. I don’t have the same issues with my KOTCS PF jacket.

As far as replacing the jacket, I can’t see a way to replace the jacket without breaking the right arm in some way. Curious to know if the forearm keys in at the elbow here making a clean break. Bmarz1000 has a Cairo custom that is really well done with the forearm posed out holding his gun instead of in to hold the idol. Can anyone confirm this is how you make the jacket replacement? Knowing how to successfully make this replacement would help a lot of Indy collectors.

It's ironic- I've had minimal pleather flaking on my 3 Indy PFs, but on at least 1 of the figures, the sculpted whip just disintegrated. I had left it sitting for years, and when I moved houses a couple years ago, I was carefully disassembling the figures when the whip on my Raiders just fell apart in my hands. Don't know how or why that happened, since I've lived in cool, dry states, and always kept in climate controlled rooms.

Back