The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was by far the "dumbest" and simplest of the Matrix movies. Do you really need some idiot on youtube to "explain" anything to you?

Tell these fine fellows to piss off and beg for clicks elsewhere!

This was by far the "dumbest" and simplest of the Matrix movies. Do you really need some idiot on youtube to "explain" anything to you?

Tell these fine fellows to piss off and beg for clicks elsewhere!

Oh sure, like you knew Seraph used to be an angel with wings. You didn't know that!!! You now know that because of me!!! I mean, that stranger's video, that I have nothing to do with. 😭

His name kind of suggests that. ;) Not that it's super germane to the plot. As long as you understand the Oracle angle, you've "got" the important stuff.

That aside, it's nice to see a fellow Freak who's passionate about the sequels. People rip into them too hard when they're still pretty damn smart for action blockbusters. I remember watching them with my folks back in the day and they expected something like Equilibrium -- they were pleasantly surprised. :lol And let's face it: the first film, a solid standalone story though it may be, has its share of issues as well. I think the impact of being the first made up for its shortcomings.

Yeah it's hard to remember but a lot of normies were absolutely baffled by the very first Matrix.

I remember watching it thinking "Geez, I can't believe they stole John Byrne's Next Men and Ghost in the Shell note for note and got away with it!" but I still loved it. Saw it twice opening weekend.

My college newspaper's review was hilarious. Some chick that obviously only ever watched rom-coms gave it one star and said the entire thing made absolutely no sense and she had no idea what she was watching. The nerds on campus tore her a new fine fellow in the letters section the next day.

I like it when a film is enjoyable at face value, but deep enough where geeks better than me can dive deeper and find more hidden meanings and easter eggs. So far I can say I enjoyed this movie. It fell short on the action though. It was a bit hard to tell what's happening at times. At least in the first Matrix trilogy the action was (maybe a bit too) clear.

Fury Road is absolute garbage lol
OIP (1).jpg

So I was reading up on Matrix Online (which ran from 2005-2009) and found it pretty interesting how it bridges the Matrix OT with Resurrections:

In the events of The Matrix Online, which took place after the end of The Matrix Revolutions, Morpheus returned to the Matrix to consult the Oracle as to why, despite the apparent truce between the machines and humans, the machines had not yet returned Neo’s remains to Zion. Morpheus, along with a number of players who chose to join his faction, set about trying to reconstruct Neo’s Residual Self Image — his digitally generated avatar within the Matrix — as a way of hopefully resurrecting him. Frustrated by his failure to do so, Morpheus began demanding that the Machines return Neo’s body. With no other options, Morpheus then began detonating “code bombs” across the Matrix, compromising the integrity of the simulation as a whole as a way of forcing the machines to comply with his demands.

After setting off one of the code bombs, Morpheus was ambushed by the Assassin, a program created by Machines, and killed.

https://www.polygon.com/22664640/morpheus-matrix-4-resurrections-trailer-cast-matrix-online-game
Pretty cool how the game and all four films sync up as one cohesive story.

Where other intellectual properties would call that expanded universe and ditch it. I always liked how the Wachowskis had a hand in all aspects of the franchise from comics to games and animes. Sure, the follow ups might not be adored but they're still good.

I rewatch the Burly Brawl and chateau fight more than any other scenes.

Also, I really respect the fact that Lana Wachowski said she made Matrix 4 because Neo and Trinity provided some comfort for her when her parents died. She wanted to revisit and resurrect her characters, something I can empathise with.

So I was reading up on Matrix Online (which ran from 2005-2009) and found it pretty interesting how it bridges the Matrix OT with Resurrections:

In the events of The Matrix Online, which took place after the end of The Matrix Revolutions, Morpheus returned to the Matrix to consult the Oracle as to why, despite the apparent truce between the machines and humans, the machines had not yet returned Neo’s remains to Zion. Morpheus, along with a number of players who chose to join his faction, set about trying to reconstruct Neo’s Residual Self Image — his digitally generated avatar within the Matrix — as a way of hopefully resurrecting him. Frustrated by his failure to do so, Morpheus began demanding that the Machines return Neo’s body. With no other options, Morpheus then began detonating “code bombs” across the Matrix, compromising the integrity of the simulation as a whole as a way of forcing the machines to comply with his demands.

After setting off one of the code bombs, Morpheus was ambushed by the Assassin, a program created by Machines, and killed.

https://www.polygon.com/22664640/morpheus-matrix-4-resurrections-trailer-cast-matrix-online-game
Why would you read an article about how one bad film connects to another series of mostly bad films ;)

Otomafan - :rolleyes:🥱

Back