The Marvels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how's that Black girl magic doing in terms of butts in the seats Marvel?
I must say though Brie Larson is f'n hot even if she's a dumbo. Now fire everyone that worked on every projects of phase 4. Feige and Iger first.
1701112806917.gif

It's not like Aquaman is gonna destroy a legacy character like Nick Fury or anything.
That'll be hilarious if Nick Fury gets killed off in Aquaman, lol.
One could argue that Zack Snyder already did that when he turned Aquaman into a boozing surfer dude. Not that any of us particularly minded, I'm just sayin' lol....

Saw The Marvels a couple days ago. It was really fun! An example of how box office is not always a sign of quality. Both Captain and Ms. Marvel are favorites of mine in the comics, so it was great to see them together. Nick Fury already burned away his dark and mysterious clone and dagger persona, so it’s nice to see the character relax I to some higher stakes up front action. People just want the same character they first met and ignore that these characters grow and change.

Very funny movie, good action, some wild moments. I hope more people will give it a chance. It was better than CATS, as they say.

Yeah, there will never come a time where I ever say "I've watched the SW OT, ALIENS, LOTR, Robocop, Conan, Raiders, etc., enough times in my life so I'll just stop permanently now." There will always be another viewing of each of my top favorites in my future until the day I die.
That there is a near perfect list of movies to never stop watching till the day you die.. missing JAWS though :)
Well yeah, I agree with that. I'd just be surprised if I've clocked up 100 viewings of ESB, Alien/s, T1/T2, Predator and Robocop. These are pretty much my favorite movies of all time and I'll probably watch them once in a 3 year period. When I was a child I probably would have had a higher quantity of viewings such that I learned the dialogue and so on but I would have since balanced it out with viewings further and further apart. I have no way of knowing for sure but I doubt I'm into the 100s.
When I was a kid I watched Conan the Barbarian 8 days in a row.

An American Werewolf in London I watched every weekend for like a year.

Have I seen any movie 100 times??? Hmmmm. Star Wars, An American Werewolf and JAWs have got to be close.

Ok. I saw the Marvels last night and…..

It wasn’t my least fav marvel movie.

Oh it was a beautiful mess of a movie that was all over the place. It was so incompetently made that I had a blast laughing at it.

I liked that they made Brie more “girly” in the film and not stone faced boring. Her interactions with Fury in the beginning of the film was cute. Chasing the cats was cute. She was much more likable but still underwritten. Gonna happen when you gotta share the screen. Brie’s (unintentional) inability to fake run made me bust a gut 2x in the film

Ms Marvel was OK. Her “oh my god” and screaming got a bit old. But there were other times she was enjoyable.

Monica Rambo is easily the least interesting superhero to appear in the MCU. Just awful.

Villain was Marvels worst. What an awful actress.

The film was nuts with its editing. I gotta believe it was due to reshoots and cutting the film to less than two hours. If not the director, writer, and editor should never work again.

The film was just all over the place poorly made and just plan dumb. But I still had a semi-decent time due to incompetence.

If you like having an MST3000 time at the theaters I say go.

It was better than
Black Widow
Ant-man 3
Black Panther 2

And not nearly as offensively bad as
Thor: Love and Thunder.

I have still yet to see The Eternals.

That there is a near perfect list of movies to never stop watching till the day you die.. missing JAWS though :)

When I was a kid I watched Conan the Barbarian 8 days in a row.

An American Werewolf in London I watched every weekend for like a year.

Have I seen any movie 100 times??? Hmmmm. Star Wars, An American Werewolf and JAWs have got to be close.
Robocop is so perfectly paced and edited that when I bought the remastered blu-ray about 10 years back I literally watched it twice in a single sitting.

Robocop is so perfectly paced and edited that when I bought the remastered blu-ray about 10 years back I literally watched it twice in a single sitting.
I did that with Superman 2 when it first came out on Showtime or HBO… I don’t remember but they kept playing it on a loop. Same with Star Wars

I don’t know if I could do that with any film since being an adult.

Robocop is a good one to do it with though.

Yep, especially since it's about a svelte 90 minutes until the credits roll so you can watch Robocop twice and still have a few minutes left over to watch Hulk be completely ineffectual in the final battle of Endgame, lol.

Last edited:

You thought you saw it twice. You think it's all real.

Did you know in some ancient languages, that "Khev" actually translates to Duracell?

I honestly believe if she wasn’t named captain marvel or anything marvel she would be more accepted. Something about the bane is very on the nose and just weird. Can you imagine if DC named Superman detective comics comics 😂

There have been so many bad Marvel movies and show I actually like and appreciate Endgame now.
Not sure I can go that far. Like, that whole thing with Russo dating (pandering); the girl power scene; rehash scenes; time travel:yuck...
Like, at least we all know ahead of time what we're getting with CM. Just that woman grinning and looking more like she had broccoli stuck in her teeth and was mad her credit card was maxed out told everyone what they needed to know.

Tho I gotta admit at least EG had the Cap portal scene.

Back