The Marvels (2023) - AF/S Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zurdo95D

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
With The Marvels coming in hot in November, let’s speculate which figures and statues we’re gonna get! :D

sEO1IIK.jpg

Iron Studios I’m thinking is most likely going to make the trio in their ever growing 1/10 format. I’m reallyyy hoping Queens Studios makes another Captain Marvel, wether it’s in life-size (like their solo movie bust), 1/4, 1/3, or 1/2 I’d order it in less than a heartbeat! But I’m not holding my breath 😆

Marvel Legends will have a good portion of the characters from the movie I reckon, plus maybe Bandai s.h.f. and MAFEX will make some as well.

For HT, man oh man, they just have to have to have to have to have to have to have to have to have to have to have to have to have to make them ALL!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

I‘m hoping we’re finally going to get Ms. Marvel since she doesn’t seem to be getting one from her show :panic: We neeeed Ms. Marvel!!!!:panic:
I would absolutely like to get both of these suits, but alas I have a gut feeling the one on the right is the only one going to be made.

k48lXLD.jpg

Monica Rambeau/Photon/Spectrum is a must to complete the trio!!! 😃😃😃 Her black/white suit looks fantastic!!

kWj7QpL.jpg

And for Captain Marvel I FREAKIN NEEEEEDDD both of her suits too!!!!!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif

izqxF6a.jpg

O-HOOOO Her newer suit lookksss SSSSMOKIN’ !!!!!!!!!!

MzdroFD.gif

GAAAAHHHH this is is going to be THE LINEUP isn’t it?!?!?!? 😃😃😃

mdJVM6T.jpg

While I'm still holding out hopes for the Ms Marvel version Kamala, I don't think it will happen for some reasons, which is kinda sad because it looks much better than the Marvels version.

Captain Marvel though, I'm digging the half sleeved look, though I have a feeling it might not happen if she changes it out very quickly in the movie. A bit 'eh?" on the final look because it looks like half done.

Unsure about Monica/Photon for now and I will wait till her motivation in the Marvels before deciding to get one.

Hoping for Ms. Marvel's TV show costume. Her new one doesn't interest me at all.

For whatever Captain Marvel look they go for I just hope they do a better headsculpt this time around. Feel like the likeness of past Hot Toys attempts have been lackluster.

While I'm still holding out hopes for the Ms Marvel version Kamala, I don't think it will happen for some reasons, which is kinda sad because it looks much better than the Marvels version.

Captain Marvel though, I'm digging the half sleeved look, though I have a feeling it might not happen if she changes it out very quickly in the movie. A bit 'eh?" on the final look because it looks like half done.

Unsure about Monica/Photon for now and I will wait till her motivation in the Marvels before deciding to get one.
Yes Kamala's costume from her TV series looks light years better than the movie version, which in that side-by-side above looks like a cheap knock-off. I also agree that Carol's second outfit is pretty lackluster. The larger symbol on the front is an attention grabber, but the suit is in dire need of some additional design features (gold accents?) to break up the blandness that is the rest of the suit. Of course there's still plenty of time for them for them to change it via CGI before the film releases so fingers crossed. But at least her first suit with the half-sleeves & those fingerless gloves looks great, so hopefully HT makes that version.

I like the first two Captain Marvel figures, but I'm hoping they can make this new shorter sleeve look with more flexible suit material than those. I wonder if they'd consider USB powered light effects, that would be pretty cool, but I guess it might be hard to hide the wires lol

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the movie, but so far none of the outfits really wow me that much. As others have said, Kamala's TV look was much better, and I liked CM's previous outfits a lot more as well.

Definitely want Monica and Kamala figures. Already got Brie & am happy with her, so no need to double dip for me. Man, I hope this movie is better than the last 3 MCU movies,...

This is pretty much the only big project I may buy the entire set for this year! Spiderverse figures are a disaster imo.

I like the first two Captain Marvel figures, but I'm hoping they can make this new shorter sleeve look with more flexible suit material than those. I wonder if they'd consider USB powered light effects, that would be pretty cool, but I guess it might be hard to hide the wires lol

USB powered light effects would be good! It’d definitely make it less of a hassle of installing and changing out the teeny tiny batteries.

Probably the three Marvels and that's it. The villain seems to be a bit of a nobody and Nick Fury will probably get a Secret Invasion release instead.

Yeah I think that’s what’s most likely to happen. I’m hoping for all the three Marvels looks though!

This is pretty much the only big project I may buy the entire set for this year! […]

Same GIF by Debby Ryan

Hopefully, hopefully we’ll be able to get those versions too!! 😊😊

Yes Kamala's costume from her TV series looks light years better than the movie version, which in that side-by-side above looks like a cheap knock-off.

I have to agree I also prefer her TV series suit over her newer one, I kinda wish they’d stuck with that one for a while before another costume change. Nevertheless I still can dig the movie suit and will be happy to get a figure of Kamala which ever it may be.

I also agree that Carol's second outfit is pretty lackluster. The larger symbol on the front is an attention grabber, but the suit is in dire need of some additional design features (gold accents?) to break up the blandness that is the rest of the suit. Of course there's still plenty of time for them for them to change it via CGI before the film releases so fingers crossed.

I think it looks pretty good, in my opinion. Though I do wish the colors were more lighter and punchy. The star emblem does appear rather a bit too big on her chest, but I do like how it harkens back to her classic Ms. Marvel comic costume!

GcwFcpX.jpg

But at least her first suit with the half-sleeves & those fingerless gloves looks great, so hopefully HT makes that version.

Fingers crossed they do make it! 🤞

I have to agree I also prefer her TV series suit over her newer one, I kinda wish they’d stuck with that one for a while before another costume change. Nevertheless I still can dig the movie suit and will be happy to get a figure of Kamala which ever it may be.

I think it looks pretty good, in my opinion. Though I do wish the colors were more lighter and punchy. The star emblem does appear rather a bit too big on her chest, but I do like how it harkens back to her classic Ms. Marvel comic costume!

GcwFcpX.jpg

Fingers crossed they do make it! 🤞
I'm aware of the reference of her final suit (been reading all sorts of comics for a while now) but on screen it looks very off. Even in the screen capture it shows up, and not in a good way. She looks melted into the background while the other 2 stood out because of their contrasty colors.

The patterning of the material looks like basketball leather and I don't think it's a great way to translate that design from comics to reality.

Personally, I would increase the blue sheen and reflective lines/details along the arms while keeping the red muted to have a bit of tonal contrast.

But then again, I'm speaking too early about this and I think there's plenty of time to update it

The patterning of the material looks like basketball leather and I don't think it's a great way to translate that design from comics to reality.

Personally, I would increase the blue sheen and reflective lines/details along the arms while keeping the red muted to have a bit of tonal contrast.
I think that's why the final Endgame outfit worked so well. A good use of bright colors and materials really made that one pop. Wasn't my favorite hairstyle for her, but I think it's my favorite outfit so far.

I'm aware of the reference of her final suit (been reading all sorts of comics for a while now) but on screen it looks very off. Even in the screen capture it shows up, and not in a good way. She looks melted into the background while the other 2 stood out because of their contrasty colors.

But then again, I'm speaking too early about this and I think there's plenty of time to update it

Agree, some tweaks could make it better!!

I think that's why the final Endgame outfit worked so well. A good use of bright colors and materials really made that one pop. Wasn't my favorite hairstyle for her, but I think it's my favorite outfit so far.

Yeah her final battle suit in EG was super! I’m hard to pressed deciding which look of hers is my favorite, which is to say, I like them all! :lol

Back