The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episodes like these would be fine if we weren't already HALFWAY DONE with the season. Smh. Not to mention how freakin' short this **** is.

Also generic jedi saving Grogu sucks.

I don't know why she made it so big. That seems awfully unnecessary.
Or at least shape it to his body a bit. Or teach him to use it as a shield :lol

the-mandalorian-season-3-episode-4-armorer-gives-grogu-beskar-rondel.jpg

the-mandalorian-season-3-episode-4-grogu-rondel-beskar-armor.jpg
Can't wait to see Grogu bust out his shield, while leading Mandos into battle ....
wonder-woman-wonder-woman-movie.gif

Then impossibly bouncing it around and boomerang back. it'll put Captain America's physics defying shield to shame.
5637896-3856632636-BXJF2.gif

Posted this as a joke earlier, but is this really where we're headed...
FKFj_i3XsAQpVwv

Last edited:
Episodes like these would be fine if we weren't already HALFWAY DONE with the season. Smh. Not to mention how freakin' short this **** is.

True, though I get giving the actor Ahmed Best some kind of redemption character, this was completely lost on me since I didn't recognize him. And it's a meta-redemption, in-story it's meaningless.
Just as random yet a more interesting reveal would have been seeing an already established Jedi in that time frame, giving them one final heroic act. They could have repurposed the false leak and art deception, idea they had once put out there, to obfuscate the possible Luke arrival leaks.
And instead repurposed the idea of Plo Koon as the one who saved Grogu in the past.

HPy0yn8.jpg

240474763_10158370683715954_4960770678502620094_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not going to say it was bad, but...I just didn't feel it. Fav did say he wanted a more GOT approach this year so, flying dragons? Sure. Why not.

All that stuck out was...okay, we know what the new Grogu dolls clogging the shelves this holiday season will be wearing. Hot Toys now has a new accessory to feature with the Bo Katan re-issue, and Hasbro is going to be very busy working those Mando-Fett molds to death spinning off the endless variations of Mando figures and charging twice as much for them.

Oh the story? Right. We knew we were going to get a flashback with Grogu and it was rather rote and anticlimactic. Don't want to take away from the Best moment (and glad he got it after the grief he endured) but...it didn't amount to much more than a big chase scene. It could be interesting to see where that ship ended up but if not...oh well.

This show still seems all over the map tone-wise this year. It's not really having much sense to it...more like a string of set-pieces and characters spouting lines to carry it to the next set piece or action scene. The THISISTHEWAY resort features paintball and spelunking, arts and crafts, playtime on the beach and fireside chats. The focus is moving more towards Bo (Hey KK! it's the Womandalorian!). The mystery around Grogu is evaporating and taking with it the uniqueness and instead making the character look and feel like a gimmick. Burbling and cooing, wincing and jumping around, waddling and float-walking. It just looks weird. (But those new cuddly figures are going to be ADORABLE) Less was definitely more with Grogu.

I get it that the show is trying to grow and move into the "bigger" story, but when that movement is away from what made it interesting in the first place all that's left is pretty game pieces moving through the game. Not "bad", just bland, boring, interchangeable. It's rapidly losing my interest like Marvel did.

People will too enamored with the feel good story for Ahmad, as a person, that they won't be too hard on the criticism that they waited three seasons for "that" reveal of who saved Grogu:lol

I get it that the show is trying to grow and move into the "bigger" story, but when that movement is away from what made it interesting in the first place all that's left is pretty game pieces moving through the game. Not "bad", just bland, boring, interchangeable. It's rapidly losing my interest like Marvel did.
Not me, I'm having a ball:banana. It's probably Filoni's influence in handling interwoven characters, cultures, environments, creatures a la Rebels and Clone Wars.

E.g. Narratives that have time to breath with lots of interesting details. I mean, holy ^%$# a live action Mandalorian ship in loving detail with all the grime.

Different strokes I guess - in any case, am sure Mandalorian will keep me poor for a while.

Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney and has different leadership from the Lucas era... and Iger et al had direct involvement in the past soooooooo.... yes, Disney.
Disney are the owners yes, but Lucasfilm is the production company that makes the show. I find it hard to believe Disney would have anything to do with such a small choice.

Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney and has different leadership from the Lucas era... and Iger et al had direct involvement in the past soooooooo.... yes, Disney.
Iger and the board are not down on set checking and handing out the blasters. That's some assistant at Lucasfilms. So yeah it's Lucasfilm's fault.

True, though I get giving the actor Ahmed Best some kind of redemption character, this was completely lost on me since I didn't recognize him. And it's a meta-redemption, in-story it's meaningless.
Just as random yet a more interesting reveal would have been seeing an already established Jedi in that time frame, giving them one final heroic act. They could have repurposed the false leak and art deception, idea they had once put out there, to obfuscate the possible Luke arrival leaks.
And instead repurposed the idea of Plo Koon as the one who saved Grogu in the past.

HPy0yn8.jpg

240474763_10158370683715954_4960770678502620094_n.jpg
I will say, that having learned that tidbit myself, I do respect it quite a bit. I know he had toyed with suicide and that's horrible-- so I am really glad he was given something that he is probably proud of now. But like you said, in-universe it's not very exciting. Especially when they had hung it over our heads like it was going to be this grand reveal of sorts.

God, I can't even imagine how hype I would have been if it had been Plo, I was personally hoping for a 1-armed Mace myself(even though I know that in itself is controversial to say lol). Oh well..

Last edited:
That episode was hilariously bad, random aimless rubbish just like the rest of the series so far. The funniest part to me was the 3 dragon chicks waddling out of the Mandalorian Starfighter....there isn't enough room to swing a cat in that ship. This show now looks to be in a steep, terminal decline. Is that Deborah Chow lady the one really running the show, I doubt Filoni and Favreau are signing off on tamed dragon chicks getting a ride on a Mandalorian Starfighter.

Iger and the board are not down on set checking and handing out the blasters. That's some assistant at Lucasfilms. So yeah it's Lucasfilm's fault.
thats the thing, Lucasfilm is disney. Can call it Lucasfilm but buck ultimately stops with Disney. Same as my local McDonalds being a franchise run by its manager, sure he is running it and head office have little to do with day to day running but ultimately it is the parent company that is responsible for product quality.

Last edited:
Back