The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they arent the movie versions used in AOTC/ROTS and the Kenobi show. they are the Andor version imperial era DC15s and DC15a. Surely they could have just used the props made for Kenobi flashbacks
They look the same to me, don’t think it really matters.

It bothered me when they played Grogu's devouring of the eggs as comedy. The whole point of that mission was to deliver those eggs safely, and we're supposed to be emotionally invested in that as viewers. So having him eating them really sent a strange message.
Grogu eats the unborn young of sentient beings. Clearly he's Sith.

(I know, *technically* they were eggs but they *were* fertilized. Ew.)

Except Grogu who eats frogs just for the hell of it, even when he's not hungry.
Sith.
But if you really are starting to get upset by the treatment of these fictional animals, I think it's time to start some kind of SW equivalent of PETA.
It's almost a given that on some dank corner of the Internet, this already exists. Some sad subreddit or something wherein over-invested fans are wringing their hands and starting petitions for the showrunners.

They look the same to me, don’t think it really matters.
maybe doesn't matter to you but to me it is frustrating since they already have the correct props made, they just didn't use them.

to illustrate the differences I have a couple pics of my WIP Andor rifle (not finished so loads of details missing)

wip2.jpg

wip3.jpg

wip4.jpg

wip.jpg

VS ROTS:
rots DC15A 3.jpg

While Andor carbine looks like this:
52678678869_fca0b25e36_o.jpg

Untitled17.jpg

vs movie one:

DC15A-FFp51.jpg

Just watched. I found the episode to be entertaining and an enjoyable, pulp-y romp via old-time-y speculative fiction. It felt like a kid's comic or something from the '50s so in that sense it was fine. Observations and finer-grained nerd-picking below:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree with this pretty much. I was honestly a bit bored on this episode.

Oddly enough, The Bad Batch had a better episode than Mando today again.

maybe doesn't matter to you but to me it is frustrating since they already have the correct props made, they just didn't use them.

to illustrate the differences I have a couple pics of my WIP Andor rifle (not finished so loads of details missing)

View attachment 629361
View attachment 629362
View attachment 629363

View attachment 629364

VS ROTS:
View attachment 629365

While Andor carbine looks like this:
View attachment 629366
View attachment 629368

vs movie one:

View attachment 629367
Yeah as someone that doesn't pause every frame of the show and squint super hard at every pixel this doesn't bother me whatsoever :lol.

Nah, agree with Jye, actually. And we don't know enough about Moff Gideon or any other villain yet. Anyway a major classic in another genre basically revolved around a piece of jewelry and an eyeball and some guys in robes with no faces. The threat can be more compelling than actually seeing. There are so many things I like about this series I could write a few pages. But the fact that I am spending money on collectibles is enough.
We have had three seasons to get to know the villains :(

But if you really are starting to get upset by the treatment of these fictional animals, I think it's time to start some kind of SW equivalent of PETA.

It was never something I was wild about, all the way back to Han dragging an animal out to freeze to death. I guess Lucas couldn't work out something else. :pfft:
I was sad
Spoiler Spoiler:

Warm fuzzies! 😁
For me enjoyable and good job from Weathers, and
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was sad
Spoiler Spoiler:

Warm fuzzies! 😁
Spoiler Spoiler:

We have had three seasons to get to know the villains :(
True, and I've been baffled that we haven't seen more of Moff Gideon.:dunno For me it's very mildly annoying that Gideon seems to be feared, and have plenty of assets, but where is he getting his power/funds from?

I can only think that - and hopefully I'm not wrong - that while Mando is all happy being Mandalorian and parenting that *sinister evil* is coiling around the universe, like when Bo's castle was blown up.

Which will make a huge appearance - but when? Favreau sounds like now he has a lot bigger sandbox to play in - Jon Favreau addresses how many seasons 'The Mandalorian' will run

Spoiler Spoiler:
😁 Point taken. I yield. Besides being all happy
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I agree. This is still far beneath even the weakest episodes of seasons 1 & 2
Well, re the original comment, maybe not:unsure:. Bein' someone who has to catch up on a lot - so, a YT tuber pointed out that at the moment if you look at the Mandalorians' armor, it's kinda tatty. Said some of it is even repurposed Stormtrooper armor and/or it reminded them of something cobbled together like Din's in Season 1. Imagine that would be an issue for jet packs as well. These Mandalorians had to leave Navarro in a hurry and/or were probably wandering about a lot.

I didn't catch that, hafta go look at some frames. So IMO running out of fuel etc. to me was a touch of *realism*. Also, not having a constant place to mine from would lead to being really interested in taking back Mandalore, besides all the other reasons. There's been a couple of references in S1 and S2 about how hard beskar is to get.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back