The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched. I found the episode to be entertaining and an enjoyable, pulp-y romp via old-time-y speculative fiction. It felt like a kid's comic or something from the '50s so in that sense it was fine. Observations and finer-grained nerd-picking below:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The effects in this was spectacular!

Who was the Mace wannabe I don’t get who that was.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Still lot of stupid writing but at least more entertaining than the previous 3 eps. Seriously though, the Mandalorians are being turned from great warriors whom the galaxy feared into absolute doofuses who only succeed because the threats take a couple days to actually do anything...
Once again, I think the desire to add filler and extend runtime actually ruins things. If, when the kid was taken, they took off after it in jetpacks then cut to them sneaking into the nest it might make sense for the kid to still be alive. Perhaps a fan edit that condenses the season into 1 movie could fix that.

Also, the clones in the flashback were using Andor version imperial era weapons not ROTS ones which is weird since in Kenobi they had ROTS weapons. Does Disney even know the difference when handing out props?? At least in head canon I can pretend that they are newly issued latest model versions that some of Coruscants troopers were given just before order 66 and didn't get issued to all clones until after the Empire formed

Last edited:
So what's the scale on the Pteranodons, cause Mandos will be riding them by seasons end.

Also it's cool Jarjar has that morphing tech.
I can't believe Qui-Gon was secretly training him all along.

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Does that actually bother you or are you just making an observation?

The effects in this was spectacular!

Who was the Mace wannabe I don’t get who that was.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I thought he looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still lot of stupid writing but at least more entertaining than the previous 3 eps. Seriously though, the Mandalorians are being turned from great warriors whom the galaxy feared into absolute doofuses who only succeed because the threats take a couple days to actually do anything...
Once again, I think the desire to add filler and extend runtime actually ruins things. If when the kid was taken they took off after it in jetpacks then cut to them sneaking into the nest it might make sense for the kid to be alive. Perhaps a fan edit that condenses the season into 1 movie could fix that.

Also, the clones in the flashback were using Andor version imperial era weapons not ROTS ones which is weird since in Kenobi they had ROTS weapons. Does Disney even know the difference when handing out props?? At least in head canon I can pretend they newly issued latest model that Coruscants troopers were given just before order 66
They look like DC-15’s to me, which are standard issue Clone weapons.

I thought he looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him.

Spoiler Spoiler:
:thud: :thud: :thud:

I thought it as the actor who played T’Chaka’s brother N’Jobu.

I remember in the 90s hearing about the Battle of Concord Dawn. Huge Braveheart style battle with Mandos on a huge field.

Then we get these clumsy morons with silly dialogue squatting in caves 🤣🤣🤣

The 90s Mandos were the way not these random lunkheads.

They look like DC-15’s to me, which are standard issue Clone weapons.
they arent the movie versions used in AOTC/ROTS and the Kenobi show. they are the Andor version imperial era DC15s and DC15a. Surely they could have just used the props made for Kenobi flashbacks
For clear comparison, compare the incorrect weapons on the HT Kenobi 501st clone (it incorrectly has the Andor weapons) to the ones used on screen in ROTS. Then watch this episode again and you can see they are the Andor DC15S's with swept back iron sights, forgrips where folding stocks a supposed to be, more tapered shapely receiver etc etc while the rifle is the Andor version that resembles a hybrid of the ROTS and Realistic Clone Wars rifles with the missing hinged arms above barrel, recessed iron sight sections on top, tapered receiver, split line down the stock etc etc etc

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me in Space Opera, but I started to notice this a while back and now it just jumps out at me. :LOL:

It bothered me when they played Grogu's devouring of the eggs as comedy. The whole point of that mission was to deliver those eggs safely, and we're supposed to be emotionally invested in that as viewers. So having him eating them really sent a strange message.

As for all the other creatures that are slaughtered in the SW universe....I don't really care. They've shown time and again that there are supposed to be vast multitudes of sentient beings in this universe, and surely their survival depends on eating and taking advantage of non-sentient beings. Not only that, a lot of them are outright dangerous. They've been used as threats to our heroes as far back as the first movie. They're used as food or as pack animals or transportation. Usually they're killed in self-defense. I don't think anyone makes a habit of torturing animals just for the fun of it. Except Grogu who eats frogs just for the hell of it, even when he's not hungry.

Besides, Boba Fett is an animal lover, so not all SW denizens are bad.

But if you really are starting to get upset by the treatment of these fictional animals, I think it's time to start some kind of SW equivalent of PETA.

Back