The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't watched that much of the animated stuff. I've seen a bit of the TCW but not all of it. Bit of Rebels but not all of it, bit of Bad Batch season 2 not all of it, none of that Jedi one they recently released etc.
I'm pretty indifferent to Ahsoka. Don't love her, don't hate her.
I haven't had an issue with her live action appearance so far but admittedly probably won't watch the Ahsoka show (just not particularly interested in the character)

Given the reference to Thrawn in Mando season 2 and the hints that there's a bigger Imperial threat out there, its probably safe to say Thrawn is leading the Imperial faction that Mando has been fighting/encountering. I'd guess Gideon has been working for Thrawn and it been Thrawn's forces all along since season 1.
My guess is he appears in the finale, which leads into the Ahsoka show.

The reason we ***** about Ahsoka being unkillable is because back when she first appeared it was understood that she would/should indeed, die. At the time, there was still the understanding that once all was said and done, the only Jedi left would be Yoda and Obi-Wan, which we've known since 1980. From her creation and insertion into the story, she had a built-in countdown timer like the people in Logan's Run.

If they wanted to add a new character but didn't want to utterly destroy the established continuity, Ahsoka had to go at some point.

Well....in the end, we've seen what matters. Trashing decades worth of continuity is far more important than killing off the precious new fan-fic characters, so Ahsoka lives. And lives again. And again. And now here we are and she's just hanging out with Luke Skywalker.

"Continuity" was always a rather fluid concept even under George, but I kind of gave it a side-eyed pass, cause come on...it's George! But George hasn't been involved in some time now, and the Disney crew is just pulling all kind of things out of their ass now. Oh well.

And for the record, I absolutely love those fried beans at Mexican restaurants and devour them whenever I have the chance.
It wasn’t understood that she would die, George said that in his mind she survived Order 66.

They didn’t destroy any continuity. She tried to stop Vader and failed, and she is no longer a Jedi, only Luke could do that which is the entire point of his character.

He got spit roasted, and not in the good way, this season and had to be saved by a baby in a floating crib.

Then he almost drowned because he didn’t realise his metal armour would be too heavy to swim in.

Inept.
DistantRingedBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif

It wasn’t understood that she would die, George said that in his mind she survived Order 66.

They didn’t destroy any continuity. She tried to stop Vader and failed, and she is no longer a Jedi, only Luke could do that which is the entire point of his character.
Err...from a certain point of view? I see that you're comfortable with certain canonical additions and by following the spirit of the OT they don't break anything, that's totally fair.

For myself, I feel a lot that's been tacked on to the mythos is overdone. Certainly not all of it, but I tend to think back to the original idea of the Jedi as having been exterminated by the Sith and Ahsoka 'I'm-No-Jedi Tano' doesn't really fit into that bleak, post-war OT vibe for me.

She's not impossible, by any means. Just not to my taste. Did I find her Rebels encounter with Vader thrilling? I freely confess that I actually did, but in more of a 'what if' fashion -- same way I loved the final confrontation between Darth Maul and Obi Wan ... more so the duel itself rather than Maul's by-then overwrought tortured dialogue. But these scenes for me exist outside of what I'd consider a clean narrative framework, because Darth Maul was dead until he wasn't, and Ahsoka was a retcon I never wanted. But to each their own.

I'll give The Clone Wars one thing -- it really did develop a more believable Anakin than the films. Watching him choose the expedient way to help his friends such as using torture during an interrogation, seeing his anger keep surfacing as the war dragged on -- that was a well done part of what for me is a very uneven series that can't decide if it's a kid's cartoon or a dark psychological study of wartime. But ... that's Star Wars for you, from Day 1.

Err...from a certain point of view? I see that you're comfortable with certain canonical additions and by following the spirit of the OT they don't break anything, that's totally fair.

For myself, I feel a lot that's been tacked on to the mythos is overdone. Certainly not all of it, but I tend to think back to the original idea of the Jedi as having been exterminated by the Sith and Ahsoka 'I'm-No-Jedi Tano' doesn't really fit into that bleak, post-war OT vibe for me.
I just don't think it was realistic to assume every single Jedi was killed in Order 66, most were and the order was completely fractured sending many of the survivors into hiding. Some of the survivors like Kanan and Ahsoka still looked to help out with the Rebellion which is fine by me.

She fits the vibe of whatever she's in well enough for me, Rebels is set long enough before ANH to not have an impact and Mando is set long enough after ROTJ.
She's not impossible, by any means. Just not to my taste. Did I find her Rebels encounter with Vader thrilling? I freely confess that I actually did, but in more of a 'what if' fashion -- same way I loved the final confrontation between Darth Maul and Obi Wan ... more so the duel itself rather than Maul's by-then overwrought tortured dialogue. But these scenes for me exist outside of what I'd consider a clean narrative framework, because Darth Maul was dead until he wasn't, and Ahsoka was a retcon I never wanted. But to each their own.

I'll give The Clone Wars one thing -- it really did develop a more believable Anakin than the films. Watching him choose the expedient way to help his friends such as using torture during an interrogation, seeing his anger keep surfacing as the war dragged on -- that was a well done part of what for me is a very uneven series that can't decide if it's a kid's cartoon or a dark psychological study of wartime. But ... that's Star Wars for you, from Day 1.
I will agree that the Filoni shows like TCW and Rebels are uneven, some stuff is just alright and doesn't really matter but a lot of it is also excellent Star Wars; some of the best I'd say. When it's good it's really ******* good. But even Hayden Christensen said he's grateful for The Clone Wars portrayal of Anakin.

But in a largely uneven franchise I'll happily take all of the good I can get and I just think Ahsoka (Maul too) has slowly become one of the best SW characters over time thanks to these shows.

...but don't forget he was rescued - twice in the same episode - by the strong girl character and had to give the other strong girl character a vial of dirty water to get back into CLUB THISISTHEWAY. That was after he was taken advantage of again by strong girl character shady con artist. And as mentioned above, saved by a magic plush toy in a floating crib. Emasculation and humiliation complete! All in ONE episode!

Anyone left harboring the illusion that KK has nothing to do with this show or any of the other content coming out of Lucasfilm may be fooling themselves.

If this keeps up, what reason will there be to keep watching this? Mando who?
Have you seen the earliest episodes? Where he gets humiliated by Jawas and needs a short alien dude to help? Where he gets the tar beat out of him by a mudhorn and a baby muppet saves him? Where a big strong woman effortlessly wrestles him to a standstill? Where a nurse droid has to rescue him? And that’s just season one.

Mando is not superhuman. He’s not God-mode Batman. He’s pretty much a regular dude who isn’t a bad fighter or gunslinger, but is easily outmatched when paired against soldiers and space wizards who have been training and fighting longer and harder than he ever has.

Last edited:
She isnt at all a Mary Sue

She is a Mary Jane Sue.

Totes different

Well that's alright then.

Scott said that Empire wasn’t as good as Star Wars! But that it’s still an awesome film, or words to that effect.

Pfft. I bet he prefers Alien over Aliens too.

Have you seen the earliest episodes? Where he gets humiliated by Jawas and needs a shirt alien dude to help? Where he gets the tar beat out of him by a mudhorn and a baby muppet saves him? Where a big strong woman effortlessly wrestles him to a standstill? Where a nurse droid has to rescue him? And that’s just season one.

Mando is not superhuman. He’s not God-mode Batman. He’s pretty much a regular dude who isn’t a bad fighter or gunslinger, but is easily outmatched when paired against soldiers and space wizards who have been training and fighting longer and harder than he ever has.

True enough. However I did think having him need rescuing by Bo Katan twice on the same excursion was a bit silly.

Yep. Mando is very reliant on his magic blaster/blade/explosion/fire/Rancor proof armour.
He'd be dead 100 times over without it.
He nearly died a couple of episodes ago because the deep end of a Mandalorian swimming pool was deeper and closer to the shallow end than he thought. Nearly drowned. Had to rescued by Bo-Katan.
Then there was that time he was tricked on a fishing boat and nearly drowned. Had to rescued by Bo-Katan.
There was that time he was tricked, captured by a spider robot thing. Had to be rescued by Bo-Katan.
Stormies can't hid the side of a bantha but are crack shots when it comes to hitting Mando on his armour plates.
Sure he's a decent quick draw gunslinger but pretty useless at everything else. Even cut his own leg with a lightsaber.
Bo-Katan is the real badass of the show. Mando bless him is the special kid that Bo has to look after.
I find Simple Din quite loveable.

Have you seen the earliest episodes? Where he gets humiliated by Jawas and needs a shirt alien dude to help? Where he gets the tar beat out of him by a mudhorn and a baby muppet saves him? Where a big strong woman effortlessly wrestles him to a standstill? Where a nurse droid has to rescue him? And that’s just season one.

And Jawas. :chase

No, that all works a lot of the time sure -- it's just that he seems to have these moments where he's an invincible force of nature, and others when he goes into 'Regular Guy' mode. I think it's the contrasts that are a little extreme sometimes. I guess our boy has good days and bad days.

But ... he's not really a 'regular dude'. He was indoctrinated into an extreme warrior cult as a child, right? He's trained his whole life for combat. Weapons are his religion. I guess he's clearly a better pilot than a fighter.

Makes sense that an elite combat vet would be able to take him, but as usual, a room full of stormtroopers is ... barely an inconvenience.

(To be fair the 'Nurse Droid' is still a murderous super-assassin, and the baby muppet is straight up Harry Potter business. And also murder-y.)

This weeks episode is written by Filoni. Make of that what you whills.

Y'all dissing Mando - the way he torches people at need, and the way the Stormtrooper's feet kick as his neck snaps crunch crunch is pretty heartwarming IMO.

As for Filoni being the primary writer, well, f*&^% :horror . Guess I know who'll be communing telepathically and showing up to remind everyone who never heard of Rebels "hey, we have another show coming up, please don't cancel your D+ subscription".

Have you seen the earliest episodes? Where he gets humiliated by Jawas and needs a short alien dude to help? Where he gets the tar beat out of him by a mudhorn and a baby muppet saves him? Where a big strong woman effortlessly wrestles him to a standstill? Where a nurse droid has to rescue him? And that’s just season one.

I wouldn't say he's "easily outmatched" if anything he's pretty relentless, including against Ahsoka. Also a great pilot (notice I didn't say best in the galaxy, but daring and clever).

Again, the fact that he isn't superhuman but if anything, determined, is one of the reasons I like the character. In theory I suppose all Mandalorians are trained to a high standard with weapons and code, but the way this character is portrayed - he's got a sense of humor, and is willing to engage with those around him - Tuskens, Peli, jawas. And he's open about accepting help not being a "clean" kill etc. At the same time everyone from Bo-katan to criminals accept his skill set.

Like really?

REALLY?

That has been some of the best swashbuckling SW ever created same quality as ANH/ESB.

Downhill after E1 c’mon now seriously.

Seriously!

SERIOUSLY!!!

:slap

S1 and S2 possess some of the most potent, powerful, fun, sad, thrilling and memorable cinematic moments in Star Wars history!

Grogu ALONE is a master creation just on his own something not thought even remotely possible after the death of SW during the ST era.
Without question

Jye overhypes this show : lol

This show has too much filler and not enough killer IMO

It’s still good and it probably is the best thing since ANH and ESB not called Rogue One but as we all know…. That’s not saying much.

It’s got some highlights for sure. Mando is a great character and baby yoda is good also. But the show still lacks a truly great villain and that’s 50% of what makes SW great. It’s why Andor was so great IMO.

I have enjoyed this 3rd season so far as it seems to be avoiding the Buffy style aliens with modern day accents :lol

It could go either way for me.. one episode to expand the universe is fine but this could get tiresome quick if they ignore Mando too much more.

In all honesty I don’t know why this SW **** is so hard for all these idiots to get right. Obi wan, BOBF, parts of Mando, the ST.. I guess it All boils down to them hating the original fan base… Old white dudes :lol

To be fair Lucas could not seem to get it right either after Empire… And he was an old white dude :lol

Back