The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I dont take them seriously. It just amuses me greatly that this one Stormie is the best thing in that whole movie. I was ticked when he got shot. Dont be killing the one Stormie who is actually trying to do his job, and being hilarious meanwhile.

She was rather scary when her helmet got cut in half though..

B66AE373-DB8A-4B1A-A63A-7674342F6AA4.png

Oh I dont take them seriously. It just amuses me greatly that this one Stormie is the best thing in that whole movie. I was ticked when he got shot. Dont be killing the one Stormie who is actually trying to do his job, and being hilarious meanwhile.
Surprised they didn’t pull a Darth Maul and have him show up later as cyber-TR8R.

Stormtroopers wiped out rebel scum on the Tantive IV. Likewise overran the base on Hoth while the cowards fled in terror.

You could argue that they took up position in Cloud City with speed and stealth, but they really just hid in a closet before ineffectively chasing escaping rebels and getting shot in the face a lot.

Besides exterminating a bunch of filthy Jawas offscreen and maybe executing Owen Beru, I don't imagine they've done much else. Lucas failing to keep them as frightening threats is a missed opportunity but also somehow very '80s so I suppose one lets it go ... it's their subsequent treatment that's rendered them clowns.

Like every other character in Star Wars so at least they're consistent. 😁

Make em a little badass if only from a purely entertainment perspective - as baby Yoda is having his force temple moment, you see these Imperial ships arriving and stormies pouring out and Mando, BF + sidekick getting ready.... and you know EXACTLY what's going to play out. Then... it does. Pile o' stormies.

And that silly crap of BF's sidekick with her sniper rifle aimed at lil' Baby Yoda... c'mon - as IF.:slap:lol

Even Dad-bod Fett's backpack missile gag is silly, where he shoots down two large Imperial landing ships and they laugh about it? C'mon. :dunno

It happens time and time again, not even with just stormies - the Niktos in the bar with BF, the WWI gas mask dudes that Ahsoka kills 50 of while sleepwalking. It's all just soooo predictable - not even a scratch, not even out of breath, not even a quick moment of "____ that was scary-close." That's the stuff that makes it feel real for the audience.

It all just feels unearned. When Mando takes a blaster hit with his armor, make it be like Mike Tyson has just belted him - laser blasts can kill, so laser blasts blocked should at least hurt.

Ep after ep, this kind of thing adds up. Yes, stormies in ANH belted the ____ out of Tantive IV defenders, dropped tough-ass Leia like a sack of potatoes, fried Beru/Owen as an example, walked through the cantina like badasses, kicked the rebels off Hoth fast etc etc.

Partly I suspect that stormies have fallen afoul of the political climate - if you make the Empire/stormies a clever, powerful adversary, it gives oxygen to the far right - or whatever, blah-blah-blah. So you end up with the silliest stormie occasional moments of the OT - but do it EVERY TIME, in ep after ep after ep, like that 90% of the time.

If not for grogu…baby yoda at the time…they would all be dead by flamethrower trooper so ya’ll need to rethink your lives.
Mando and Fennec were about to be taken out by a squad before Fett saved them on Tython as well.

Cassian elected to murder an ally rather than face them.

Plus they took over that entire mud planet in Solo.

In TFA they wiped out that settlement of armed villagers on Jakku with ease, captured Finn, Rose, and DJ, shot Poe and captured him and Finn, and Chewie in TROS, etc.

Last edited:
Mando and Fennec were about to be taken out by a squad before Fett saved them on Tython as well.

Cassian elected to murder an ally rather than face them.

Plus they took over that entire mud planet in Solo.

In TFA they wiped out that settlement of armed villagers on Jakku with ease, captured Finn, Rose, and DJ, shot Poe and captured him and Finn, and Chewie in TROS, etc.
Talibane be like…

BA4F8D5C-E302-41CE-A976-2FC85106F3C1.jpeg

Kuill gets killed in Season by Scout Troopers.
Mando almost gets killed by an explosion in the S1 finale.
Mando gets his ass beat by Dark Troopers.
Gideon gives him a run for his money in their duel.
The Magistrate puts up a decent fight against Ahsoka despite not being force sensitive.

The threat isn’t to Mando, it’s to Grogu.

Mandalorians are the greatest warriors in the Galaxy, I don’t really want to see him get severy episode.

Its really strange, because in so much Legends content Stormies, at least some of them, are badasses and absolutely not to be trifled with.

Then onscreen theyre like, Derp. Except for that legend of all time, the not-to-be-equalled TR8r Stormtrooper. BOW TO THE FIRST ORDER OR ELSE.

View attachment 574826

Only Kathleen Kennedy knows how to train stormtroopers. She also has the biggest D in the room.

Back