The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palps definitely showed that getting vaporized from an explosion can be considered a minor inconvenience in SW.
I can't wait for the return of Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor.
And people thought the Andor series was going to be a PREQUEL. Hilarious.

Esposito leaked that S3 will be out this summer not end of 2022.

download (23).jpeg

Esposito leaked that S3 will be out this summer not end of 2022.

I will believe that when I see it.

No way are we getting that before Bad Batch s2. Mando is traditionally a holiday thing and I think they'll keep that energy rolling. They'll putter around with this for at least six months post-production, bet on it.

I'm in no rush for season 3. I was fully expected it to start at the end of the year. Summer sounds very unlikely.

I would assume Andor would drop first but we didn’t even get a solid-ish release date or trailer for Kenobi until after Boba Fett ended. Bad batch and Andor and Mando3 could really pop up at any time in any order I would think. We’ll probably have a better idea after Celebration on what is going on and when.

Rewatching all of Season 2, you can really see that the way stormtroopers (and empire personel) are depicted is really kinda silly and a bit of a problem. While in the OT they were terrible shots and at times cannon fodder, even for ewoks, they were also shown as brutally effective in ANH and ESB, time and time again, so worthy of some fear.

In Mando (the Siege and The Tragedy eps especially) it gets to a point where the outcome of the impending battle/fight sequence, often lasting ten minutes or so, is sooo obvious it's really only for the staging and visuals you stay interested.

It's always Mando + allies still standing (without so much as a scratch,) on the other side, pile of several dozen wasted stormies.

Even if there was one "tough sergeant" (from the truck chase) or "flying wing mechanic" from Raiders Imperial that would give Mando or someone a run for their money it would be sooo much better. Even the Imperial who tried to crash the Imperial weapons ship into the planet surface to undo the Mandalorian raid was a worthy adversary, even down to biting on his poison pill.

The show needs much more of that - Imperials as clever or skilled badasses rather than a bunch of 501st tools falling over when their turn comes up.

Rewatching all of Season 2, you can really see that the way stormtroopers (and empire personel) are depicted is really kinda silly and a bit of a problem. While in the OT they were terrible shots and at times cannon fodder, even for ewoks, they were also shown as brutally effective in ANH and ESB, time and time again, so worthy of some fear.

In Mando (the Siege and The Tragedy eps especially) it gets to a point where the outcome of the impending battle/fight sequence, often lasting ten minutes or so, is sooo obvious it's really only for the staging and visuals you stay interested.

It's always Mando + allies still standing (without so much as a scratch,) on the other side, pile of several dozen wasted stormies.

Even if there was one "tough sergeant" (from the truck chase) or "flying wing mechanic" from Raiders Imperial that would give Mando or someone a run for their money it would be sooo much better. Even the Imperial who tried to crash the Imperial weapons ship into the planet surface to undo the Mandalorian raid was a worthy adversary, even down to biting on his poison pill.

The show needs much more of that - Imperials as clever or skilled badasses rather than a bunch of 501st tools falling over when their turn comes up.

Lol

tumblr_c4b34fa16889530eed948927c9d2b2fc_dd6d0fad_540.gif

The way Ben Kenobi constantly lied and told things from a certain point of view, I’ve never been able to tell if he was being sarcastic or not when he said only imperial stormtrooper could be so precise I’m ANH :lol
They’ve more or less been a joke for over 40 years, it’s not going to change anytime soon. If anything, each new trooper they add like Deathtroopers make them look worse and worse. I’m starting to think the Emperor was also being sarcastic about his best troops on Endor.

Having a group of main characters actually killed off by stormtroopers would be the only way to elevate them from cannon fodder and really then it would just be that one squad of capable troopers in the countless useless ones we’ve seen.

Its really strange, because in so much Legends content Stormies, at least some of them, are badasses and absolutely not to be trifled with.

Then onscreen theyre like, Derp. Except for that legend of all time, the not-to-be-equalled TR8r Stormtrooper. BOW TO THE FIRST ORDER OR ELSE.

First-Order-Riot-Control-Stormtroopers.jpeg

Its really strange, because in so much Legends content Stormies, at least some of them, are badasses and absolutely not to be trifled with.

Then onscreen theyre like, Derp. Except for that legend of all time, the not-to-be-equalled TR8r Stormtrooper. BOW TO THE FIRST ORDER OR ELSE.

View attachment 574826
It's even harder to take the Quack legion seriously. That helmet design. :slap

Back