The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the hate I see on YouTube is because they are veering wildly from the lore and not staying true to original Tolkien. The other aspect is that they need to play to their audience base, but some of them are true Tolkien fans and know the lore.
I've read all the books, but hardly consider myself a hardcore fan, so I'll take their word for it.
I'm willing to give it a chance, but if they start adding modern themes into it, they'll lose me.
ok, that makes sense. thanks. Are people seeing that much inaccuracies in that 90 second trailer?

ok, that makes sense. thanks. Are people seeing that much inaccuracies in that 90 second trailer?
Yeah, apparently so. Obvious ones are like the race changes of characters (as the world is meant to represent ancient England/Britain), the dwarf queen not having a beard, hobbits (harfoots?) appearing too early, the producer saying it makes sense to have this world reflect current times, them condensing events that are meant to span thousands of years into the timespan of the show as otherwise the human cast would need to be replaced every season, inaccuracies in other things etc. I have no idea how accurate any of this stuff is and it will sound bad to some, but I don't really care (to a degree as I'm not a hardcore fan and wouldn't know) as long the show is good and they don't insert modern themes in there.
Another side of me does wish that Hollywood was able to respect the lore of original works because every time they change things, it is worse.

I see that the usual Youtubers are s*****g over this already! Why? I mean, the 1 min trailer didn't blow me away, but I don't get the hate. Serious question.
Well they went and created an entire new character and made her aretha franklin the singing dwarf…an entire new character!

So I get the frustration from the Tolkien community.

Last edited:
I see that the usual Youtubers are s*****g over this already! Why? I mean, the 1 min trailer didn't blow me away, but I don't get the hate. Serious question.
Gotta get that 2 minutes of hate in every morning. :lecture

I'm salty as hell over bad content, but I think people often over react to teasers and trailers in general, these days.

Gotta get that 2 minutes of hate in every morning. :lecture

I'm salty as hell over bad content, but I think people often over react to teasers and trailers in general, these days.
Salt is fine, as long as legit. My concern with social media in general: people click on dirt and drama, not rainbows and sunshine. So these content creators have some monetary incentive to be more negative. I take it with a grain of salt.

You would think that with Amazon spending $1 billion (apparently), they'd be a tad more careful to not piss off the fanbase.

I don’t think they care about hardcore fans. They probably believe the money is in getting the casuals to watch.

Did anyone see comic book artist Bill Sienkiewicz’s comments on the show? He basically said studios need to stop reimagining other’s creations and make their own new worlds. I only found it interesting because he went on an absolutely obscene tirade against fans a few years ago calling them all sorts of -ist names.

So there are dark skin people in middle earth but they feel like outsiders and think of Gondor as a city that abandoned them and they see them as evil people. So they join Saruman in retaliation.
That’s very interesting. I had no idea. It’s basically a “woke” story but it sticks to the lord of the world. I would love to see how these “darker skin” characters feel about middle earth.

looks like a crapoy game. bad game
actors are pretty bad (like a soap opera)
music is bad
outfits are bad
etc

You would think that with Amazon spending $1 billion (apparently), they'd be a tad more careful to not piss off the fanbase.
Pretty clear that executives think they can create new fanbases while the old ones cannot look away.

Pretty clear that executives think they can create new fanbases while the old ones cannot look away.

star wars and ghostbusters thought they knew better.
they think they can alienate old fanbase and create a new young fanbase by trying to appeal to them.
she ra and masters of the universe tried the same.

ignore, insult, alienate the older male base, try to create a new young hip fanbase (that most times never materialize

there's absolutely nothing wrong with new characters or female characters or newer younger actors,
cobra Kai did the most perfect job at this, cobra Kai to me, is one of the greatest reboots of all time, they brought new young kids, they honored the old characters, they renewed the story, they revived the show
the new characters are awesome in cobra Kai.
they honored the original characters

star wars and ghostbusters thought they knew better.
they think they can alienate old fanbase and create a new young fanbase by trying to appeal to them.
she ra and masters of the universe tried the same.

ignore, insult, alienate the older male base, try to create a new young hip fanbase (that most times never materialize

there's absolutely nothing wrong with new characters or female characters or newer younger actors,
cobra Kai did the most perfect job at this, cobra Kai to me, is one of the greatest reboots of all time, they brought new young kids, they honored the old characters, they renewed the story, they revived the show
the new characters are awesome in cobra Kai.
they honored the original characters
The crazy thing is that they are alienating the part of the fanbase who have money and actually buy the merchandise.

The crazy thing is that they are alienating the part of the fanbase who have money and actually buy the merchandise.
Hollywood man. Execs/people in power prefer to tell you what you want, not actually what you've previously bought and would buy in the future.

Yea these Hollywood dudes are really stupid and out of touch. I have no idea where they get there info from. Crapping on a fanbase to please a small Twitter crowd never works out. Insulting your fanbase will never work out.
You can have poc, gay and female characters but stop acting like you are the first to do it. It’s annoying. This generation acts like it was nothing but white peoples in media when that’s is untrue.

Black panther was a great triumph but I cringe at idiots saying “ we finally got our time to shine. We finally have black people portrsyed in media positively” what? We had many black shows that weren’t about slavery or gangs. We had plenty of female leaders video games and movies. Can we do better? Yes we can but stop acting like this is groundbreaking and we are the first generation to do it. It comes off as just gaining points for the little cry babies on Twitter.

not to mention it downplays the accomplishments of those who fought to get there in the first place and the people who actually broke new ground and starred in roles where they weren’t considered.

Yea these Hollywood dudes are really stupid and out of touch. I have no idea where they get there info from. Crapping on a fanbase to please a small Twitter crowd never works out. Insulting your fanbase will never work out.
You can have poc, gay and female characters but stop acting like you are the first to do it. It’s annoying. This generation acts like it was nothing but white peoples in media when that’s is untrue.

Black panther was a great triumph but I cringe at idiots saying “ we finally got our time to shine. We finally have black people portrsyed in media positively” what? We had many black shows that weren’t about slavery or gangs. We had plenty of female leaders video games and movies. Can we do better? Yes we can but stop acting like this is groundbreaking and we are the first generation to do it. It comes off as just gaining points for the little cry babies on Twitter.

not to mention it downplays the accomplishments of those who fought to get there in the first place and the people who actually broke new ground and starred in roles where they weren’t considered.

it's mostly about opening new markets.
it's about bringing younger newer audiences that can grow with the franchise.
they wanna have that moment where in 10 years the new audience grew up with the movies (look at star wars. it's literally almost a decade of Disney star wars)

Orcs:

1655832503352.png
1655832507579.png
1655832511794.png
1655832516872.png
1655832544361.png
1655832559162.png

Back