The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon Prime Video - September 2, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys who love Tolkien but disliked The Hobbit trilogy really owe it to yourselves to check out the Cardinal Cut of the Hobbit.

Its superb.
*chef’s kiss*

hobbits live hundreds of years
Are you sure? Bilbo celebrated his 111th birthday and it was a big deal as he looked so young, but then as soon as he gave up the ring, he started aging to what he should look like. I'm not an expert, just curious.

Do they tho? Cause I remember bilbo living a very long life but it was the ri g that made him live so long then he began aging immediately after it was gone. He then was old and kinda senile at what was about early hundreds?

You are being optimistic with Hobbits life expectancy. According to the LOTR Wiki the average lifespan of a male hobbit is 100 years, with the oldest hobbit living to about 133 (Unless you count Gollum, but that math is too hard so we'll just say 133). The average life expectancy for a male human is only about 70 years.

Not really no lol
DelightfulHarshBubblefish-max-1mb.gif

ah i guess i’m wrong they live a “somewhat” longer life. wasn’t thinking about the ring extending their life, i just thought of smeagol living so long. so that makes sense!

Someone made a few changes over at Reddit for the better I think:

Attachments

• 37700835-9691-4DB1-A81C-8D7DEBA8AF82.jpeg
    37700835-9691-4DB1-A81C-8D7DEBA8AF82.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 51
  • EEA46606-94DD-4804-BAD0-BDBDF5768032.jpeg
    EEA46606-94DD-4804-BAD0-BDBDF5768032.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 48
  • B3A9C1EF-BB1C-4657-87F5-51D239C28D65.jpeg
    B3A9C1EF-BB1C-4657-87F5-51D239C28D65.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 52
Better. Peter Jackson didn't shy away from giving female dwarves beards, which you can see in the marketplace in Unexpected Journey. Have no idea why elves would spend time getting cropped or short layered cuts either.

Will give this series a chance but some things already look uncomfortably modern.

grrr.... grrr.... aahhh that DOES look better.
or more proper. the elf specially looks great. stupid amazon... this couple pics, the bearded lady,yeah that looks good.
now I'm mad. lol.
these pics do legit make me mad.... looks like it belongs in the original trilogy.

I see that the usual Youtubers are s*****g over this already! Why? I mean, the 1 min trailer didn't blow me away, but I don't get the hate. Serious question.
Most of the hate I see on YouTube is because they are veering wildly from the lore and not staying true to original Tolkien. The other aspect is that they need to play to their audience base, but some of them are true Tolkien fans and know the lore.
I've read all the books, but hardly consider myself a hardcore fan, so I'll take their word for it.
I'm willing to give it a chance, but if they start adding modern themes into it, they'll lose me.

Back