The Hot Toys MARVEL VISUAL CHECKLIST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone reliable that wants to take this thread over or start a new one? Talked with admin and would like to get this back on track. I have yet to hear from Getter Dragon, so just seeing the interest out there since this thread is very valuable.

I am currently working on an update. Also trying some different styles as well. Basically starting from scratch. Side note, any interest in a 3rd party list?

Third party would actually be pretty useful, their ambiguous names and limited availability can definitely make them harder to keep track of

I am currently working on an update. Also trying some different styles as well. Basically starting from scratch. Side note, any interest in a 3rd party list?
Yeah I'd be up for that !

Please post a link here so people can find it a bit easier. These type of threads don't typically get posts every day.

hi, yes a 3rd party list would be great especially if you add the real characters name ie the comedian =punchline. many thanks.

@Jessisson hasnt been around since July 2021. Maybe someone can copy this post and maintain a new one?​

I might be able to have a go (although I’ve now just committed to yet another project!! Haha, I’m crazy!!) I’ve built a database so it should be fairly easy to create something. Do people want the same style as the SW one?

I wouldn't go with the SW format since there are so many MCU movies with one-off figures. I'd personally sort it by phases, but do whatever requires the least amount of effort on your part if you want to resurrect a list that will require constant updating like this one.
I’ve already got the data for phases as well as movies, so will look at including both. But I will do a quick mock-up in a few days time and people can provide feedback before I do all of it anyway.

Ok I’ve done a quick first go at a single page. Can I get feedback please?

I’ve had a few thoughts while doing it:
How many figures per page?
What order? Is Phase ok? I would include reissues/redos such as Mark I on this page.
Size of graphic, is head shot ok or do you want full body shot like the old version?
What text for each do you want to see? Is what I’ve got too much or not enough?
Do you want to see accessories or if there is a second head sculpt?
Do you want just MCU or all Marvel (if I did I would have them as separate pages)?
Size of text, too small, too big?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated. I won’t continue until we have details locked down.

DC04C62F-3700-4352-B2F5-C75EC1599786.jpeg

What order? Is Phase ok? I would include reissues/redos such as Mark I on this page.
Size of graphic, is head shot ok or do you want full body shot like the old version?
Do you want just MCU or all Marvel (if I did I would have them as separate pages)?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated. I won’t continue until we have details locked down.

View attachment 613268
Looks great so far!!

I think sticking to MCU figures makes the most sense that way you will only be doing one list and sequencing them in phases is intuitive and easy to easy to follow.

The way you have done the pictures and the font look nice and clean.

Personally I think not including accessories is a good move bk it is less likely to make things appear cluttered, but if a figure has a second headsculpt it may be good to include it but I don’t think it is essential.

Anyway thanks for taking this on,

Last edited:

View attachment 613268
Looks good!

View attachment 613268
following @Getter Dragon's StarWars checklist format is the best.

Back