The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the midbeard i think when the pandemic started, and while waiting for the body to arrive, found an alright kinda not really good okay body for it.

Attachments

• 457FE506-091F-4E1E-966C-19B16B057CD7.jpeg
    457FE506-091F-4E1E-966C-19B16B057CD7.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 0
Anywhere still taking orders for this? Have a friend of work who's after one. I got mine from Kit at launch but they seem to be sold out now
Did you manage to get one for your friend? The figure is still listed as in stock on Kit's site. Wouldn't count on that lasting much longer though.

Hi to everyone out there, It is time now for 1.6 manufacturers to use quality leather and magnetic stands. Lim Toys seem to be leading the pack and listen to collectors, may be LimToys will seriously consider my suggestions. Thank you

Hi to everyone out there, It is time now for 1.6 manufacturers to use quality leather and magnetic stands. Lim Toys seem to be leading the pack and listen to collectors, may be LimToys will seriously consider my suggestions. Thank you
Magnetic stands are an expensive gimmick which limit the design possibilities of a base, we'd rather stick to small bases with sculpted in enviromental details than a flat uninspired base which will be expensive to produce just so a figure can stand on it without a grabber, that's not counting years of posing making the joints less tight which will result in the figure inevitably lean one way or another.

As far as leather we're already using proper leather materials with good durability and finding other alternatives for similar materials, the truth is even if we try using the most expensive leather it will too crack one day but much later, and of course using really expensive materials means huge price increases, remember we're not Hot Toys or have their funds.

Last edited:
Magnetic stands are an epxensive gimmick which limit the design possibilities of a base, we'd rather stick to small bases with sculpted in enviromental details than a flat uninspired base which will be expensive to produce just so a figure can stand on it without a grabber, that's not counting years of posing making the joints less tight which will result in the figure inevitably lean one way or another.

I have one experience with magnetic stands and it turned me off the idea completely: Kaustic Plastik's John Wayne.

His ankles are so weak he can't safely stand up on the base. The base itself is a lump of the cheapest feeling plastic with a paper sticker on top. It's also designed like a podium, which I don't like as I prefer to have my figures in groups.

I might as well throw the thing away because it's useless.

I love what LiM did with the Gunslinger base. Just the right size and height, some sculpted detail and the campfire to make it unique.

I try to avoid figures with pleather parts now, knowing how quick they crumble.

Magnetic stands are an expensive gimmick which limit the design possibilities of a base, we'd rather stick to small bases with sculpted in enviromental details than a flat uninspired base which will be expensive to produce just so a figure can stand on it without a grabber, that's not counting years of posing making the joints less tight which will result in the figure inevitably lean one way or another.
Your making me nervous about the inart joker now 😂

I have one experience with magnetic stands and it turned me off the idea completely: Kaustic Plastik's John Wayne.

His ankles are so weak he can't safely stand up on the base. The base itself is a lump of the cheapest feeling plastic with a paper sticker on top. It's also designed like a podium, which I don't like as I prefer to have my figures in groups.

I might as well throw the thing away because it's useless.

I love what LiM did with the Gunslinger base. Just the right size and height, some sculpted detail and the campfire to make it unique.
I heard dean knight gave that figure a 10 or something haha 😂

I like the red they used in the gunslinger base

I'm happy with the base we get from Lim for this guy. The camp setup looks great and being able to switch it to a flat patch of land for him to stand is great also. The magnetic stand thing got me weird now thanks R.R.X Can't wait to see how that goes for InArt. Lol for the meantime I have to wait until next week to pay off Arthur but once I do it will be great getting this cowpoke back on the shelf. And I can't wait to add the TB sculpt with stalker Hat to him.

Some countries don't accept magnetic items for the safety purposes. So magnetic stands would leave lot of international collectors disappointed. I wouldn't change a single thing with Arthy,can't wait to get him, counting days. Probably gonna take around 2-3 weeks. Him and Netflix Geralt are my most anticipated figures this year!

As far as leather we're already using proper leather materials with good durability and finding other alternatives for similar materials, the truth is even if we try using the most expensive leather it will too crack one day but much later, and of course using really expensive materials means huge price increases, remember we're not Hot Toys or have their funds.
Hello,

Thank you for your response and comments which I understand. For what it is worth the Gunslinger figure has set a standard for others to reach, quality, detail and realistic price point. Can you confirm Lim Toys plan to create further Gunslingers of the west figures?
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thank you

Back