The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys definitely do fantastic work. While I honestly don't own one of these figures, I do own two of the bodies and I absolutely love the detail and paintwork on the chest and exposed forearms. Not to mention all the ratchets. I bought them to upgrade some old Sideshow GI Joes, but they're TOO good and detailed for those so I'll have to find another use for them. As a customizer who's handled almost every 1/6 scale body out there, yours are definitely among the best. IMO a good underlying body is nearly just as important as any other part of the figure. I mean how many times have we said "the figure is good, but the body is garbage" on so many other products out there? And sometimes it's a gamble on if a new body will work with the original figure. So for that simple fact, I'm a fan of y'alls and really looking forward to the "least of use" and "oh crap guy" figures.
Thank you so much for the kind words, we're constantly humbled by everyone's support.

200w.gif

I get it, but TBH I'm kind of skeptical of any update on release timing at this point, regardless of the source. Despite everyone's best intentions, best guesses, credible hopes, etc., it keeps slipping to the next month, every month. (We were told it was looking good for August in July, for example).

Unfortunately for me in this case, CS are the ones who have my money, & while I don't hear great things about them, everyone has been equally incorrect on this ERD so far.

At the end of the day, this is a figure and more often than not, they encounter delays. If it does end up being October, that's only next month. Is waiting for it causing you distress? If so, I can't recommend a hobby like this, as I cannot remember the last time I received a statue or figure on the estimated date. I can say with 100% certainty that the figure has been produced, so it's not like you have to worry about LIM taking your money and vanishing, so at this point, it's better to relax than be irate about any delays. (Though I'd personally not feel relaxed if I had anything ordered with Comics Sanctorum or Toys Wonderland, but that's completely unrelated to Gunslinger)

At the end of the day, this is a figure and more often than not, they encounter delays. If it does end up being October, that's only next month. Is waiting for it causing you distress? If so, I can't recommend a hobby like this, as I cannot remember the last time I received a statue or figure on the estimated date. I can say with 100% certainty that the figure has been produced, so it's not like you have to worry about LIM taking your money and vanishing, so at this point, it's better to relax than be irate about any delays. (Though I'd personally not feel relaxed if I had anything ordered with Comics Sanctorum or Toys Wonderland, but that's completely unrelated to Gunslinger)
The fact that it's a figure was never in doubt. LOL. I collect figures. That's why I ordered it. Last year. When the ERD was listed March of 2022. Of course, given everything that's going on in the world, & with decades of collecting experience, I fully expected that date to be super optimistic, but that was also 6 months ago, & I did buy the thing to actually, y'know,....have it. That's the part that's fun, right? Am I the only one who gets excited when release dates are coming up & disappointed when they slip? I doubt it. I presume you have yours already? That might have something to do with your "relaxed" state or ambivalence about when things ship. Everyone is giving me reasons to not trust the company I bought it from, so I'm not really doing the fire & forget method with this one. I will definitely be relieved when I get a ship notification from DHL.

But I'm not at all "distressed" or "irate", so please refrain from trying to discern my emotional state, or offer unsolicited collecting advice. Nuance is a thing & I'm just anxious to get the thing I paid for a year ago & am weary of release estimates because they've all been incorrect so far. It's not any more dramatic or hyperbolic than that, & it's PERFECTLY NORMAL to be annoyed by delays within reason. I'm a nerd & I collect this stuff because I'm excited to have it. I'm way past pretending to be cool. LOL

I wouldnt be surprised if kit was getting it before everybody else. He is proven the most reliable partner to Lim.
That seems like a logical conclusion. I wish I'd known about the reissue while they had it listed.
Perhaps they're saying this because that's when they expect to be able to pay for their stock, it's completely unfounded and any news from them are unreliable, they were also saying it was going to ship without any confirmation from us months ago.

We have confirmed with the factory that in two weeks it'll be ready to ship, we've been avoiding talking about a possible release date until now because the factory is confident that in a week or two we can finally ship this huge batch, Kit knows because he's our main supplier/retailer and an absolute pleasure to deal with, the best in his field.
That's encouraging to hear. I obviously won't ever be ordering from those clowns at CS again, but I want to be able to stay on top of them as soon as these start shipping from other retailers, since I'm one of the people they charged for shipping in June. The fact that they've even still got it listed at this point seems a bit questionable.

I presume you have yours already? That might have something to do with your "relaxed" state or ambivalence about when things ship.
Nope, not yet! Mine is pre-ordered with One Sixth Kit and I'm very much looking forward to its arrival, be it this month, next month or next year. I'll continue to busy myself with many other things in life while I wait for this and a dozen other delayed figures and statues. I'm more than confident it will be worth the wait :) Hope you love yours when it arrives!

But surely you'd rather it be next month than next year, though, right? It's great that you can afford a dozen preorders at any given time, & forget about them until they ship, but you might consider that your circumstances are not an applicable template for everyone. The little things like a highly anticipated collectible sometimes mean more to those of us who aren't living your amazing life, so the delays sting a bit more.

It's okay for people to have normal human reactions to minor disappointments without being met with dismissal & condescension.

I'm sure the figure will be amazing & hopefully a year from now this will be a fading memory, but right now, it's still a little frustrating.

Stuff arriving sooner rather than later is great! Waiting in general is indeed, frustrating. Not a massive deal to me personally if there are delays (unless it's a shady company who has yet to deliver a product and has no online presence. I think it's the polar opposite for LIMToys) so apologies if it frustrates you so much. It is strange that you're making assumptions about my life and financial situation shortly after scalding me for supposedly trying to discern your emotional state in a previous post. Let's both avoid making assumptions about each other. Many of my pre-orders are for things worth less than $20 and were mentioned to emphasize the huge delays in the industry in general, rather than to flex any form of wealth (which I certainly don't have, haha). I'm more than happy to agree to disagree about whether this figure taking a month longer is a big deal :)

Happy Collecting!

Last edited:
It's not my first since I bought four universal monsters sideshow 1/6 figures, but it was back in the days: mostly in stores, and mostly six times cheaper than this. So I have the noob-anxiety too! (And in regard of my finances, that might be my only one. Drac and Nosf titillate me to be honest). So I'm on your boat. I don't mistrust anyone but I am eager to have it!

Back