The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should there be no gap in between? I got it down more, but there's still a little gap looking from behind.

At the back, on both of my stands, there's the tiniest gap on the right hand side (looking from the back). But it's so slight that it's barely more than the thickness of a sheet of thin card.

From the front the rod is flush, and that's the important angle.

It's usually the same with Hot Toys' stands. The tolerances are so tight you have to use elbow grease, or heat the joint to soften the plastic.

The reverse is true of the cheap Red Team black oval style bases I get from eBay: I usually have to glue the rods in, otherwise they rock back and forth.

Guess TNS doesn't care that I have a broken spur. So I managed to glue it back together but I won't mess with them as much. Thankfully I also bought a separate pair on ebay so I'll have them in case the current one's continue to break.

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Those are not better proportions, his legs look stubby now.
I've seen people modding the figure on chinese forums and they go way overboard with cutting the legs, the reason the figure looks so tall is because of the leg extenders which we will change for the next cowpoke and include a second pair for this figure as well, making his legs so short makes the porportions even worse imo.

Are the leathers on this figure real leather? i noticed on some reviews that the back side of it has fibers similar to cowhide leather belts.
All the weapon equipment, straps, suspenders and such are real leather, the only thing that's pleather is the collar on the jacket and even then it's a more durable and better material than the standard pleather you usually see on the market.

My 2nd arrived today from TNS. Still toying with poses etc but such an amazing piece.
20211203_132415.jpg
20211203_133650.jpg

Guess I'm getting a extra headsculpt from Kit. Lol forgot I pre-ordered and got a email they had stock left over from the first shipment.

While I have no interest in owning this figure (didn't play the games), but can't deny it's definitely a really nice piece to own. Gotta love the craftsmanship that went into this figure.

Definitely going to pick up some bodies loose. Love the sculpted forearms that still all the elbow to have more than 90deg bends. Might use one for my UC4 custom. Would love it if LimToys sold the body loose but still painted with some hands; however, probably not worth the trouble I'd guess to sell also sell it separately.

Last edited:
Do the shotgun bullets fit in the loops on the gun belt? I had trouble putting them in but I don’t want to risk tearing the belt.

BTW I hope they go more RD1 for John I wasn’t a huge fan of his look in RD2. I did have a more RD1 look after giving him a shave after the main story ended but prior to it I thought he looked nothing like himself. I hear that it’s highly possible that the original RD might get the remastered treatment for the next gen hardware, which I really hope happens, although I gotta admit the old 360 game still looks pretty damn sweet on my Xbox Series S

Pictures off Youtube of someone’s version of a Remastered 4K Marston. This is what I hope gets made….such a an amazing character.
D247F0D5-E6F4-4752-B38B-214DBC92D969.jpeg
66C1921C-E18B-4A06-B730-4A02A72F6735.jpeg
977857DD-409D-4B13-8F1B-A368B8550CA3.jpeg
2ECE1E8E-C4E1-4C9C-8F74-6FB7C34D48EF.jpeg
F7BF80FF-A3FC-4521-A40E-FDBE72967CE4.jpeg
D3C37A57-8AA5-4416-A85F-906A3011F60D.jpeg
E78B807B-A1C5-404F-9D62-92E3DD1F381C.jpeg
8B81BA12-0F29-4084-8172-E9B520BF3388.jpeg

BTW I hope they go more RD1 for John I wasn’t a huge fan of his look in RD2. I did have a more RD1 look after giving him a shave after the main story ended but prior to it I thought he looked nothing like himself. I hear that it’s highly possible that the original RD might get the remastered treatment for the next gen hardware, which I really hope happens, although I gotta admit the old 360 game still looks pretty damn sweet on my Xbox Series S

Pictures off Youtube of someone’s version of a Remastered 4K Marston. This is what I hope gets made….such a an amazing character.
View attachment 548887View attachment 548888View attachment 548889View attachment 548890View attachment 548891View attachment 548892View attachment 548893View attachment 548894
I believe the same artist did one for Arthur also, if we did get a remaster of the first game for PS5 and Xbox SX. I would hope they make it with the same gameplay as RDR2.

The artist is good, but he's building on the same body so that's why Arthur and John look slightly off from the originals yet slightly similiar to one another in the "upgrades". His Red Harlow one doesn't have as much to compare to since it's a much older game, lower quality models. He did make an appearance in John's RDR though.

All that aside, I lean more into RDR John than RDR2 John, and I'm anxious to see what Lim does with John and of course the accessories :)

View attachment 548887View attachment 548888View attachment 548889View attachment 548890View attachment 548891View attachment 548892View attachment 548893View attachment 548894
That John bears a passing resemblance to George Harrison

Back