The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hugely impressed with the sickly head sculpt! Fantastic work, R_R_X and team! It looks amazing.

Last edited:
These head sculpts are incredible!

It would be great if LIM made a hybrid Cole Phelps/Dick Tracy figure called Hardboiled Detective that had interchangeable head sculpts and a yellow trench coat and fedora. Neither character has ever gotten a 1/6 figure that I'm aware of.

dick-tracy-cole-phelps.jpg

Although Mezco did release these cool mini figures years ago.

How does this look so perfect is beyond me, my first experience with a 1/6 figure was with mid beard headsculpt and I was blown away. He's still here waiting for his body to arrive haha. Once again I think it's awesome that we can chat with someone like RRX from the actual team I don't know if any other company does that. Thank you for what you and your team do for us Red Dead fans! Looks incredible and an insta buy for me!
Thanks for the kind words and support, I hope you're happy witht he full figure when you get it!

Really dig that new sculpt honestly blown away.
🙏

Simply AMAZING. Thanks for all the care you put into each new piece you produce for us collectors. I'm more and more convinced that you are the great hope of this 1/6 scale hobby.
That's really high praise, we're happy people like yourself have this level of appreciation for what we're doing.

That is hands down the best open-mouthed sculpt I’ve ever seen. The teeth especially look real.
😲
I'm hugely impressed with the sickly head sculpt! Fantastic work, R_R_X and team! It looks fantastic.
Thank you so much!

New head sculpt looks fantastic!
Happy you like it!

This is exactly why I have a huge appreciation and respect for Lim.
The attention to details, the feedback, the patience and above all- the efforts to make everything as perfect as possible.. I support Lim❤️
Thanks for all the support man! 👊

Seeing poor Arthur sick is always sad, but Goshdang what a SCULPT. I love the sense of determination I see in it.
Thanks, we wanted him to look determined, glad it comes across.

Last edited:
The sick head pack comes with an alternate hair piece and the Stalker hat. If we put the alternate hair piece on the original Arthur figure, will the Stalker hat on the sick head at the same position as the alternate hair piece?

Or do we need two alternate hair pieces, to make both hats fit 'properly'?

I guess what I'm really asking is, shouldn't the sick head come with TWO hair pieces to make sure both hats can fit on both heads? Or does the sick head already come with two hair pieces?
Both hair pieces work with the hats.

@R_R_X, once again you're establishing LIM as a real contender in the industry.

I love your teeth on this sculpt. Honestly, are you considering releasing this sculpt with a normal paint app as well? I think many folks would double dip, myself included. Maybe a different hat in a limited third run?

Looks to me like you've got the teeth edge to edge as if Arthur is pushing his jaw forward while trying to breathe harder.

Which, if what you're going for (I imagine so), then you're doing it VERY well. You're essential trying to capture what we call anterior guidance for mandibular movement. When the jaw shifts forward, the front teeth naturally separate (in most folks) the back teeth. Arthur is never portrayed with a flawed bite in game, so this is a pretty accurate portrayal of normal eccentric (those which are not up and down) movements of the mouth.

I might suggest you tilt the angle of his gaze so he's looking upwards a little more. It'll emphasize the labored function you're conveying in the overall presentation.

Because you're not having him elevate his upper lip, your exposure of just a bit of his upper central teeth is accurate. In a resting, semi-open mouth position you should only see about 1-2mm max of a person's top front teeth at Arthur's age, so this is accurate. Retraction of the lower lip to allow for his labored breathing and a pushed forward jaw would generate the shape of the mouth you're depicting in the sculpt, exposing the lower teeth.

Regarding the teeth, your finish is outstanding. I'm assuming you're casting in a semi translucent off-white resin and staining with yellows and browns before glossing?

If you wanted me to get really picky, I'd say some of your lower teeth could be altered in size and shape a little but we're really splitting hairs on that, especially at this scale.

I'm sure some folks here are going to hang me for this, but your teeth (and quite frankly a number of other facial attributes) outdo InArt. Edit: to really rustle jimmies, this looks miles better than they reported production Joker sculpt pics from them. They should set your production product as their standard to beat for their first outings.

Tl;Dr love the sculpt that the care you put into the teeth and mouth. Teeth are hard to make at 1:1 scale, so doing this good at 1/6 says a lot. Please don't change your production here, this is very good for what I feel you're trying to convey. Y'all are killing it.
Thank you, we basically wanted something that could represent him in multiple ways during this stage of the story, he looks determined, but also exhausted, he could be in combat, sitting down coughing his lungs out after an intense mission, listening to another one of Dutch's lies, running up a mountain alongside his brother, or even fist fighting a rat, the most important thing to us regarding sculpts is capturing the spirit of the character and we thought an open mouth expression would be perfect for this one due to the circunstances he's in, we're really happy so many people seem to be as happy with it like we are.

Also there's no real science to it, we and our sculptors have simply gotten better at this, the materials are still the same, the biggest difference is the sculpting work for finer details and the paint, the final product will basically be what you see with the additional printed patterns such as moles, veins and hair.

Haha that's certainly a hot take, we don't really care what InArt does our focus is doing the best we can as fans for other fans and if people are happy with it then we're happy.

Last edited:
I really hate to see Arthur's sick face when he got TB, but I will order this headsculpt to support you guys. It's an outstanding job !

Man, this looks incredible. The TB sculpt looks awesome. I concur, this is the best open mouth I’ve seen. Teeth look great and the expression is very natural. I played through Red Dead with the stalker hat so I’m excited.

Thank you for your efforts toward making us finicky collectors and enthusiasts happy. You don't disappoint this collector. Thank you!

Hey @R_R_X that sick headsculpt looks amazing first of all can't wait to get it. Secondly, wanted to ask would there be a chance that the company can add some extra wristpegs for the body you guys made in the packaging of this set.Since none came with the original figure, just asking since mine kind of separate in the line area of the wristpeg when I swap out hands.

They aren't broken or anything or even close to breaking but it would be awesome to have an extra pair just in case for the future, and plus personally I've never seen wristpegs designed like this compared to other companies with the slight slant with the rotation line, so its a bit hard to find some on ebay etc.

Also would different types of spurs be possible as part of a separate set if we wanted to swap them out to change the look? Anyways just thought I would ask those 2 ?'s since they were on my mind Thanks

Hey @R_R_X, are you planning to release the TB head sculpt near to the release date of the second batch?
Or you will decide to release it near to the release date of JM?

Also there's no real science to it, we and our sculptors have simply gotten better at this, the materials are still the same, the biggest difference is the sculpting work for finer details and the paint, the final product will basically be what you see with the additional printed patterns such as moles, veins and hair.
You guys definitely do fantastic work. While I honestly don't own one of these figures, I do own two of the bodies and I absolutely love the detail and paintwork on the chest and exposed forearms. Not to mention all the ratchets. I bought them to upgrade some old Sideshow GI Joes, but they're TOO good and detailed for those so I'll have to find another use for them. As a customizer who's handled almost every 1/6 scale body out there, yours are definitely among the best. IMO a good underlying body is nearly just as important as any other part of the figure. I mean how many times have we said "the figure is good, but the body is garbage" on so many other products out there? And sometimes it's a gamble on if a new body will work with the original figure. So for that simple fact, I'm a fan of y'alls and really looking forward to the "least of use" and "oh crap guy" figures.

Back