Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

endor1

BlasTech Engineer
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know what would cause only this forum to make my device get really hot at times. I doesn't seem to happen on any other sites I visit. Tried turning off all background app refresh settings and all the other stuff. Nothing seems to help. I have noticed it started happening here about a month ago?

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!! 😓

Last edited:

endor1

BlasTech Engineer
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
No actually I have all of them turned off in my preferences. So, yeah it still is getting hot when ever the site is displaying on the screen. So strange that it just started happening aprox a month ago.

Asta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Maybe your phone's stressing out trying to decipher jye4ever's photoshops?

:monkey3

On my desktop I have a lot of security running: Avast Online Security, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix.

uMatrix is useful as you can instantly see what's active on any page, and you can turn things on and off to see what you need and what you don't.

The uMatrix icon displays a number on itself every page.

The badge number tells the number of resources which were blocked/modified.

Some pages either don't have a number (e.g., BBICN forum), or are 1 (e.g., Facebook, Royal Mail), but then you get to this site and on this page it's displaying 229!

endor1

BlasTech Engineer
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
So 229 things on here are slamming my humble iPhone, hmm. I wonder what changed in the last month, thats when I noticed it be coming an issue? So maybe use a stronger browser that can block the stuff on here?

Asta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
So 229 things on here are slamming my humble iPhone, hmm. I wonder what changed in the last month, thats when I noticed it be coming an issue? So maybe use a stronger browser that can block the stuff on here?

It's 247 now.

I suppose it's the number of times it blocks something on my red list that tries to operate.

That list has doubleclick, Google and ytimg entries on it.

ytimg is part of Youtube.

Doubleclick is part of Google.

MyenShi

Flight Baron
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Reaction score
I’ve been helping @endor1 with this.

It might be specifically tied to their iPhone model and Safari.

Seems some sites can cause the phone to heat up. Might be related to ads or Safari Extensions or something else altogether. Hard to say and difficult to replicate.

If anyone else has this issue, try using a different browser. endor1’s phone stopped overheating after switching from Safari.

beetjack

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Maybe your phone's stressing out trying to decipher jye4ever's photoshops?

:monkey3

On my desktop I have a lot of security running: Avast Online Security, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin and uMatrix.

uMatrix is useful as you can instantly see what's active on any page, and you can turn things on and off to see what you need and what you don't.

The uMatrix icon displays a number on itself every page.

Some pages either don't have a number (e.g., BBICN forum), or are 1 (e.g., Facebook, Royal Mail), but then you get to this site and on this page it's displaying 229!
R.gif
uMatrix, that's new for me....thanks