The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate the edit. There's so little to look forward to these days in terms of genuine surprises, so I really wish the director hadn't blabbed about this.

Meh. I won't even see this in the theater.

Awwwww. I thought you'd be enjoying it with all that fapping you talked about. Lol!

I might give this a chance. TGM was the last movie I saw in theaters so it's been a while. I'll probably try to see GOTG3 in theaters as well.

Yep staying out of here lol

I didn’t read the spoiler, i’m not going to read the spoiler but it’s guaranteed that if the Director let it out it wasn’t because he was just in the mood to do some marketing.

It is all connected to contract agreements behind the scenes which dictates all official statements released by the studio including what the director went and revealed.

Strike makes it even more complicated.

It takes so little to make you happy, Otomofan...?

In real life, I'm a pretty simple guy. All it takes to make me happy is a good meal, some kind of chocolate dessert, getting a figure in hand after a year of waiting, collecting comic books and LPs, etc.

But it's well known in these parts how critical I am of modern entertainment. Movies got so dumb and predictable, TV had a little renaissance for a few years with stuff like early Games of Thrones, first season of True Detective, first season of Fargo. Now it's all gone to **** again.

I don't like stuff that's intentionally stupid and lazy in order to appeal to stupid and lazy audiences. Even casting is more predictable now than ever. "Hey, we need a blind martial artist for John Wick 4....get that guy from Rogue One...he's the blind martial artist guy. Remember the girl that got flamethrowered by Leo in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? Let's burn her to death in Scream 5. She's the gets burned alive girl now." So lazy.

I also dislike tokenism, political correctness, and dummies pretending they're "subverting expectations" when all they're doing is trying to appeal to a very minute but loud minority that demands we destroy everything we used to love and be entertained by for the last 5 or 6 decades.

All it takes to make me happy is... some kind of chocolate dessert

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... dark chocolate...

charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-chocolate.gif

Like multiverses using existing versions of characters!
Well, again, in the case of say Spiderman No Way Home - the use of Tobey and Andrew Spidermen as the Multiverse Spidermen was the only reason I cared about that concept at all - it was the only thing that made it appealing. If they had simply written alternate versions of Tom Holland's Spiderman I would have shrugged my shoulders, saw the film once and maybe never again.

Unless your argument is that the Multiverse concept itself is crap and shouldn't be a thing.

Unless your argument is that the Multiverse concept itself is crap and shouldn't be a thing.

No, just that I like to keep the previous versions separate in my headcanon and have the filmmakers come up with something new. But nostalgia always wins (and the box office would seem to vindicate that).

Well, again, in the case of say Spiderman No Way Home - the use of Tobey and Andrew Spidermen as the Multiverse Spidermen was the only reason I cared about that concept at all - it was the only thing that made it appealing. If they had simply written alternate versions of Tom Holland's Spiderman I would have shrugged my shoulders, saw the film once and maybe never again.

Same. Now it’s getting kinda stupid. The only reason I liked it is cause they could make an excuse to have older movie characters come back and become kinda canon to a franchise. Now it’s completely overblown. You get a multiverse and you get a multiverse! There is a universe where there are different spider people. Spider-Man isn’t the “unique” hero anymore who got his powers by chance. Now everyone and there mom has his powers

Back