The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Keaton says he agreed to appear in the movie after being impressed by the script, written by Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson. Though if Keaton is being honest, it took him three tries at the script to understand how his Batman returns.

“I had to read it more than three times to go, ‘Wait, how does this work?’” Keaton says. “They had to explain that to me several times.”

The context is important, your bit makes it sound like it's a bad script. But Keaton says that in the context of him being stupid.

Keaton was impressed by the script by Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson, and by Muschietti’s vision, and he was intrigued by the possibility of returning to the character he had helped shape in the public imagination. “Frankly, in the back of my head, I always thought, ‘I bet I could go back and nail that ************r,’ ” Keaton says of Batman, a role he walked away from when he didn’t like the script for the 1995 Joel Schumacher movie Batman Forever, which ultimately starred Val Kilmer. “And so I thought, ‘Well, now that they’re asking me, let me see if I can pull that off.’ ” It took him some time to wrap his head around the parallel-universe concept, however. “I had to read it more than three times to go, ‘Wait, how does this work?’ ” Keaton says. “They had to explain that to me several times. By the way, I’m not being arrogant, I hope, about this. I don’t say it like, ‘I’m too groovy.’ I’m stupid. There’s a lot of things I don’t know about. And so, I don’t know, I just kind of figured it out, but this was different. What’s really interesting is how much more I got [Batman] when I went back and did him. I get this on a whole other level now. I totally respect it. I respect what people are trying to make. I never looked at it like, ‘Oh, this is just a silly thing.’ It was not a silly thing when I did Batman. But it has become a giant thing, culturally. It’s iconic. So I have even more respect for it because what do I know? This is a big deal in the world to people. You’ve got to honor that and be respectful of that. Even I go, ‘Jesus, this is huge.’ “

Still hard to believe he's playing Batman again after so much time. Really I hope they've given him a good film in which to do it.

Keaton says he agreed to appear in the movie after being impressed by the script,

:D
written by Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson.
🙁

It took him three tries at the script to understand how his Batman returns.
😧
“I had to read it more than three times to go, ‘Wait, how does this work?’” Keaton says.
😞
“They had to explain that to me
😩
several times.”
😖

All I can think of is that scene in Birdman when he accidentally mentions "Birdman 4" to the Japanese reporters and they all freak out thinking he's really gonna do a Birdman 4 at his age.

And now he kind of is......crazy.

birdman.jpg

I for one, I'm happy to see Keaton back in big movies, and it all started with that Birdman film. After Multiplicity, Jackie Brown, and Jack Frost :lol in 1998, he was pretty much done for the next 16 years. That's crazy, but life is a marathon, not a race. And now he's back in big roles for multiple studios.

He probably only had like 7 minutes of screen time combined, but he absolutely killed it as Ray Nicolette in "Jackie Brown" and "Out of Sight."

If he was really laying low for that long, it was probably to spend time with his son. If that award show speech was genuine, and it really looked like it was, (although you never really can tell with professional actors) then it means he and his son have a very close bond.

I agree it's awesome to see Keaton back again, but man, it's never easy seeing your childhood heroes get so old. I used to watch Mr. Mom like crazy as a kid....he was barely out of his 20s in that one.

I for one, I'm happy to see Keaton back in big movies, and it all started with that Birdman film. After Multiplicity, Jackie Brown, and Jack Frost :lol in 1998, he was pretty much done for the next 16 years. That's crazy, but life is a marathon, not a race. And now he's back in big roles for multiple studios.

I actually really liked Jack Frost lol

Technically, all of the original 1989 costumes, being composed of foam rubber, have pretty much disintegrated over time.

There's a really cool mini-doc on the people that restore old Hollywood props. They made a few new ones, and they put the leftover debris from the original into the new ones when they're mixing the liquid, so that "in spirit" the original suits can live on,

I think Keaton only meant he hasn't gotten any bigger in the 30+ years since the original. An amazing feat; I'm bigger than I was last week!

Watch the doc, it's so much fun:

Technically, all of the original 1989 costumes, being composed of foam rubber, have pretty much disintegrated over time.

There's a really cool mini-doc on the people that restore old Hollywood props. They made a few new ones, and they put the leftover debris from the original into the new ones when they're mixing the liquid, so that "in spirit" the original suits can live on,

I think Keaton only meant he hasn't gotten any bigger in the 30+ years since the original. An amazing feat; I'm bigger than I was last week!

Watch the doc, it's so much fun:

:lol :lol :lol

Back