The Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the Interior art, myself. Will be reading this series, and yes, Hated DKII.....so happy its not the same Sin City style.....

Same here. I was pleasantly surprised by the first issue. I also didn't like TDKSA, so I was apprehensive about the idea of another sequel, but issue one of DK III was a really good read, and the art was much better than TDKSA.

I'm very happy with how the story is going so far. I hope the last issue will blow my mind. I want the same feeling I had when I first read Hush. :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Any news on #3 release date?

DC says it will be released 2/24.

I wonder why the delay? It will have been two months since issue two was released. I've been buying the hardcovers too which were supposed to come out two weeks after the issue released but it was like four or five weeks for hardcover two.

So who here, if any, are springing the $500+ for each Lee cover?

I bought the first but I also got like every variant that came out included. I plan on spending the $100 for each Miller, well just because its his series. But man this #3 WW is awful. The Lee is phenomenal but $500 again, ugh!

I decided against any variant covers. Especially once I read the first issue and saw how little Miller has to do with this. I'm a Miller fan overall, so the only variants I want would be his covers. I get that these books are limited, but that's just insane to me to spend $100-500 on a comic book printed in 2016.

I decided against any variant covers. Especially once I read the first issue and saw how little Miller has to do with this. I'm a Miller fan overall, so the only variants I want would be his covers. I get that these books are limited, but that's just insane to me to spend $100-500 on a comic book printed in 2016.

Yeah totally price gouging the collectors niche, for shame DC :lecture

Considering how much of an abhorrent scuzzball Miller's become and the internal shudder I did when I saw the title of this series, I've been enjoying it so far.

Yeah I decided not to go crazy on variants of this. Hastings had one for retail that I picked up but that's it.

Story is pretty engaging so far

I too am surprised by just how much I am enjoying this series, so far. Must be Azzarello doing most of the writing. And Kubert's art is great.

I'm getting the $12.99 hardcover versions of each issue as well as the standard edition. My local comic shop will have slipcases for every customer who buys all 8 hardcover issues from them. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to issue #4.

I too am surprised by just how much I am enjoying this series, so far. Must be Azzarello doing most of the writing. And Kubert's art is great.

I'm getting the $12.99 hardcover versions of each issue as well as the standard edition. My local comic shop will have slipcases for every customer who buys all 8 hardcover issues from them. Pretty cool.

Looking forward to issue #4.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed at all with this series is the digital colouring. I just hate the way it's been handled on this book for some reason.

Other than that, it's been a solid and entertaining read so far.

Issue 4 came out today. And while it's a pretty quick read, man the story just keeps getting better and better.

Issue 4 came out today. And while it's a pretty quick read, man the story just keeps getting better and better.

Totally agree. This is pretty much the only book I read immediately when I get home. I loved this issue's mini book's artwork

Yeah, me too! I'm not normally a fan of Miller's "sloppy" artwork of late, but for some reason it really works in this issue's mini book. It adds to the frenetic energy of what Carrie Kelly is up against there. And the design of new Batgirl costume fits into the DK world so perfectly.

I just heard #6 was pushed back. UGH.

Kubert pencils an awesome Bats imo. Miller's art has become so ugly its attractive in a weird kinda way.

I just wish they wouldn't even start releasing issues for something like this unless they have all of them finished. Anything involving Miller is going to be late--everyone in the industry and that reads comics knows this.

Back