The Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think 'his' example of coloring makes or breaks the current publication. I see what hes getting at though.

It was definitely a different take. I thought that guy's coloring really made it look like the first series but I don't have any issue with how the colored it this time.

Damn, that must have cost a pretty penny.

I'm sure he'll have one. They delayed the book so many times, what's another few weeks for him to scribble something together? His latest work is very rough and sketchy anyway.

Speaking of, did you guys see these?

Miller Sketch 2016.jpg
Miller sketch.jpg

I know the first one is a legit Miller cause it was a commission for a comic book store last year and there are pics showing him drawing it.

Not sure on the second one, as for when and where. But it certainly LOOKS legit.

I think these are actually better than the work he's been submitting for the series!

I hope youre right.
They def look legit, I dont think anyone would sketch that awful on purpose, lol. But tthats what I like about it, and he just keeps drawing, kudos.

I think one of those was at that Big Apple Con last month. There were several of his large original sketches for sale there; his original cover for DK3 issue six went for well over $30k.

Here's some good news:

I think the reason there's no Miller variant cover is...cause he's doing the regular cover of issue 9!

3872642.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

I think the Kubert and Miller covers are shipping equally and not considered a "variant?" I don't know for sure. We'll find out in 2 weeks. But it's good for you cause you'll have all 9 issues with Miller covers.

I wish I could have but they were just too damn expensive. I kind of regret buying the individual issues at all really. $6 per issue. What a rip off. And they're all being reprinted, along with all the "mini comics" in a hardcover in the fall that's going for like $20 preorder on Amazon. I'm not gonna get that.

But I AM gonna get the companion hardcover that's supposed to be reprinting ALL of the variant covers for ALL of the issues! Also coming in the fall. So I'll have the Miller covers in print form after all. Unless those bastards at DC purposely leave them out for some reason or another.

Well, two years after it was announced, it's finally finished.

It was.....OK. Well. I don't know. I think I'm being generous. It really wasn't very good at all was it?

Even though DKSA was a burning dumpster fire, there were elements about it that felt more "Dark Knight" to me than this. I did not care for the ending of DKIII....it was pretty insulting in my opinion.

And I thought Last Crusade was a waste of the trees that had to die to print that garbage.

Really sad, but the best thing about this whole project was the variant covers. And turns out they're reprinting them all in one hardcover volume. If I'd known that all along, I'd just just skipped the series and got that.

Just got The Art of DK III hardcover and I'm very, very pleased.

It's got pretty much all the variants as far as I know. It has ALL the Frank Miller and Jim lee variants in full color, as well as some pencil drawings as well. And alllll the other covers, including my other favorite Bill Sienkiewicz.

There's no text. Just art. If that seems like a rip off, maybe it's not for you, but I think it's a steal especially if you grab it on amazon for less than $20.

Only two criticisms: The two page spreads bleed into the binding like any other hardcover, and unfortunately those are some of the best images from Lee and Miller.

The other big drawback? No covers from The Last Crusade. That was a sucky book but the Miller cover for that was awesome. I'm let down it isn't in here.

Also, a "new" piece I had no idea existed! A convention only cover for issue 9 by Miller!! So if you really were collecting all the Miller covers, good luck tracking that one down cause I bet it cost some serious coin.

Miller 9 Variant.jpg

Anyway, this book is a treasure trove of images by the top artists in comics doing homages to Dark Knight.....buy it!!

Picked up the hardback compilation. Pretty good!!!! Hope they do more in the future!

just finished that...enjoyed it...good value too...I waited for the HC compilation before reading it...not in a rush anymore

Back