The Chopping Block: who is on the way out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • Green Leaf Studio Ada Wong
  • TMNT PVCs
  • Overwatch statues

• Any and all Nendoroids (they don't stand!)
JP3i81c.gif

I'd probably get rid of all my PT figures first and use that space for more DC and Mondo X-Men.

Almost all my Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles are going, same with at least half my Warhammer mini’s. Anything MCU related gone, going to stick with the couple comic book Mafex’s I have. Most of my GI Joe classifieds are gone now.
Sorting my built gundams next and debating whats staying/going.

Tarantino figures are gonna hit the block soon. Mezco Reservoir Dogs and NECA Kill Bill.

If the companies we work for refuse to recognize the insane inflation we're seeing by offering relative increases in compensation, the collection will inevitably be on the chopping block.

If the companies we work for refuse to recognize the insane inflation we're seeing by offering relative increases in compensation, the collection will inevitably be on the chopping block.
and this is why your items are getting more expensive.

for every dollar of raise an employee receives, adds a dollars to the product cost which adds another dollar on the product pricing. the extra dollar is to more to cover from potential miscalculation than generating more profit. so when the workers in the raw material factory receives a dollar of raise by the time it reaches the end consumer it may cost 5 dollars more because the dollars stack onto each other.

in fact wage increase is the MAIN reason for inflation.

so for most wage earners, they may receive $100 increment but end up spending over $100 more in the end unless they happen to work in the booming industries.

so any hobby will become more expensive, producers either have to increase their pricing or sell the same for something less. so you get a trend of switching from 1/6 to 1/12. or 1/43 to 1/64 on diecast. they maybe cheaper but dollar to product you are still paying more than before.

for example 1/12 was rare and retailed for $40 when 1/6 was going for $80. now 1/6 average $180 1/12 going for $100.

non tech industry will never see prices going down because the initial cost for tech are high and goes down overtime and most of the factories have lots of automation.

Almost all my Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles are going, same with at least half my Warhammer mini’s. Anything MCU related gone, going to stick with the couple comic book Mafex’s I have. Most of my GI Joe classifieds are gone now.
Sorting my built gundams next and debating whats staying/going.
painted minis? it is one thing to sell off off the shelf items but harder when it comes to your own works. are your gundams painted?

painted minis? it is one thing to sell off off the shelf items but harder when it comes to your own works. are your gundams painted?
The gundams, nah. Mostly snap built.

The warhammer ones were easy to part with due to having multiple armies. Sold off a few to fund potential expansions of the couple I kept.

how long it takes you to paint 1?
Depend on if its a basic figure or a headquarter one.

The basic units I can bang out five or six in a couple hours, batch painting then and drying time etc
The headquarter/named units… takes me 5-6 hours. Go way more into the details.

All of that is depending on how bad my adhd is slapping me around. Ive had days where I sit for 15 min and wander off for a couple hours, then come back.

Back