The Chopping Block: who is on the way out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a small collection of Weta LOTR statues and items. I really like the detail and quality Weta puts into their products. Only reason they may hit the chopping block as they have been in storage for years. I want to get them on display badly! But alas -no room.

Probably my 7 game of thrones characters. That detolf shelf always looked bad cause of the excess figures (looked cluttered)

My extensive Toy Biz LOTR boxed figures will probably be on the block...problem is I have soooo many. Like 90% of what was released...individual, 2 pack, multi pack, scarce and rares from the three movies. Not even sure what these are worth these days or if there is a market for them.

Decided to let HT Two-Face/ Harvey Dent go. Gonna go with Bale and Ledger to represent The Dark Knight in my collection. NECA BTTF figures are gonna hit the block next too. Most people would say that's an odd choice as BTTF is one of my TOP interests, but I have some great items already and I'm getting into the practice of "loving something, but not having to collect it."

Next round of stuff to go are some SW odds and ends. Also a large lot of Star Was one sheet posters.

Trimming down my Marvel collection, recently got Endgame Cap so my Civil War version is going to be going up soon along with Ant-Man and The Wasp which I’ve never even opened.

mess hyped when they were announced coming out of the film but by the time the arrived my collection focus had changed - kept the pre orders as I didn’t want to cancel on my local retailer during all of the lock downs last year but since then I’ve just not had the urge to open them and my collection has been shifting even more.

finally decided it’s time they found owners who will enjoy them!

My collection is incredibly tiny now compared to what it once was, but that's also due to selling to get higher quality and larger pieces. I've also moved away from figures and into statues. Trying to keep that the best of the best too, and have finally realized I don't need to have every single property I love represented in a display, especially if a piece is just subpar or too much $$$.

Only remaining poseable figures I have left are DX15 Jack Sparrow and Asmus Crown Gandalf. Both are masterpieces but they will probably get the axe here to fund the 1/4 Queen Studios Ledger Joker I just preordered..... At least Sparrow. In a lot of ways Gandalf is the ultimate LOTR collectible for my collection and for that reason alone I'm not sure I can part with it.

All Asmus LOTR figures…two years ago I thought this line was the greatest thing in the history of 1/6…now, not so much…went through a big LOTR rewatch with my wife during lockdown and fell in love with the films all over again.
Timing was perfect because it was before Crown Gandalf was scheduled to release so I quickly amassed a large collection to support him on arrival.
The rest are all going, but I’m holding on to Crown Gandalf (for now).

The rest of my non music Pop’s are getting taken in to a local shop. My Hiya Toys Predator and Alien collection as well.
Posting my non Gundam Wing gunpla on fb.
I’ve actually been flipflopping on competely axing all my Hot Toys and a good chunk of my collection.

I've got so much stuff that I have finally decided to get things organized, take pictures, and sell. First on my list for stuff discussed on this site are the Gangster's Kingdom Pulp Fiction guys, Hot Toys Dr. Strange, VTS Tom Hardy Mad Max, my 1/6 scale Ghostbusters customs, several Sideshow GI Joes, my Iron Man Comiquette, my Wonder Woman Premium Format statue, and a couple of custom pieces. . .and that's really just scratching the surface :(

Sold my Threea Bioshock Big Daddy yesterday. I always liked the big daddy and the Bioshock games, but the detail could be better and it's a bit undersized. As I've bought some new figures recently and needed money and space I decided to let it go. Because it's a bit flawed I don't think I'll regret it.

I've got a good handful that I will be selling to a shop locally in a few months. HT ANH Vader V1, HT Mk85, many Sideshow Joes and DC comic figures (maybe marvel too), Sideshow Naboo Darth Maul, some 1/6 HP and some movie masterpiece transformers.

For me I'm slowly going to shave down my MCU collection. At the time they were probably the only or best 1/6 representations of the Marvel characters, but now there's more game and comic versions being made, so I'd rather have those. The MCU was much better early on when it wasn't made for the casual viewer, so my love for it has dwindled.

Unfortunately I have 30 Hot Toys still brand new sealed (some are since 2020) as I don’t have space to display my entire collection 😑😔

I doubt have any on the chopping block, but I'm also fortunate in a few ways. One, my wife allowed me to have our huge, two-story tall entry room for my figures and signed posters. Two, she is a great secondhand shopper and found me some beautiful vintage brass display cabinets that are huge. Three, I'm very, very particular about what I get. I barely ever double dip. I have the Bale Dark Knight, I dont need any other batmen I have one predator, that's all I need. It means sometimes I have to be really patient. I'm still waiting for them to singly release the black suit Superman from Justice League. I'm still waiting, hoping that one day we'll get a Pfeiffer catwoman. So, we'll see I guess.
And now that we have a great supply of Trek 1/6 scale figs, I'm making room in my budget and on the shelf to accommodate them, since Trek was always my first love. That means I pass on other would be nice figures, like Ghostface or Zorro. So I guess for me the coping block is just cutting out what I would have otherwise preordered.

My NECA BTTF figures are on the block. I think someone will get a deal as there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for them. I'm re-evaluating my other NECA collections (Aliens, Terminator & maybe Turtles).

I recently sold off my glass display case along with my Hot Toys DX15 Jack Sparrow and my Asmus Crown Gandalf. It feels so weird, for the first time in close to 10 years I basically have no remaining pop culture collectibles in the traditional freaks sense. No statues, no action figures, nothin'.

I guess that's not entirely true, I do have the Prime 1 Batcave Batman in storage a few provinces over, but I won't be able to have that out on display for a few years I reckon. I also have the Prime 1 Harley Quinn, Prime 1 "Say Cheese" Joker, and Queen Studios TDK Joker on preorder. Someday when I am more settled I will have the ultimate display with those.

But I think my days of collecting on the regular are done. I don't have the space nor the funds; the hobby is less fun that it used to be for me especially with how the market currently is.

Sold my HT’s Dark side Anakin, Dr Strange, IM MK45 and Celtic Pred 2.0 to someone off marketplace.
Have my Asmus figures for sale and considering the rest of my Hot Toys.
Sorting my warhammer mini’s and will be downsizing a bunch of them next

Back