The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/30) 1/6 Echo Base Trooper, Han Solo in ATST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys - I am in the pincer grip of a home renovation project but will hopefully post a few pics of my Dewback WIP. Below is a pic of all the parts just tacked together with a random sandie onboard. What's good is the print feels like lighter weight and durable rotocast plastic (because it's a new type of resin print,) less fragile as older resin prints are.

This sculpt took forever to get right - not 100% accurate in all places but close. I made a few changes to the Dewback prop - eg the prop has very stumpy and thin legs, and the (overscale iguana) tail scales don't - at all - match the head, and the rhino body had no scales at all. The prop's latex skin failed to adhere to the wood frame before filming even began (creating huge wrinkles where the legs met the body) so I had to take a look at Fred Pearls' original rhino body to figure out what it "should" have looked like.

I don't think any company has quite gotten the Dewback right. Kenner did perhaps the best conceptualization of all back in 1978, though I like the Sideshow headsculpt. Ironically, despite it being the first image I ever saw of SW (in the novelization,) I wasn't able to get a Kenner Dewy back in the day - only when I started collecting in the mid 90s.

It is possible I'll be able to offer some Dewback prints for sale, though printing at this size ain't cheap. 😬 :lol

And Cagoda for power droid leg articulation I used part of an old desk lamp's "bendy" arm (the kind with segmented stainless steel loops for lamp arm bend/positioning) bolted to an aluminum frame. The bendy arm has to be pretty tight to support the figure.

I pretty carefully matched all the finer power droid details (sandcrawler gonk actually has a 1970s telephone "curly cord" around its mid-section that I don't think anyone ever noticed before) and I will hopefully be able to post pics of the back and other side soon. I added some leaking oil/grease on the back.

wEdPmHy.jpg
Your Dewback looks incredible. If you offer any prints for sale please would you send me a message as I’m keen.

Back