The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I see the actors being interviewed I feel bad for thinking their show is bad. They were excited to work on it, they meant well, they hope fans enjoy it and hope they won't think they did a bad job. I feel like apologizing to them for my disappointment. :(

Alas, it is what it is.

My kids and I have been rewatching the first four episodes and I’ve now realised a few things that didn’t quite click the first time.

Forgetting the armor? Being in the Sarlaac for a start. Plus those two suns, really hot, he’s from an ocean planet. Getting smacked in the head with a blaster probably didn’t help.

He seems to become more pathetic and incompetent the longer he is away from the bacta tank so I guess some of the more questionable behaviors you could put down to his ongoing healing process. There are a bunch of examples, taking out some of the assassins, that multiple armed monster, the Nikto speeder bikers where he’s not bumbling. I guess the next episode will confirm or kill that one.

Re the Firespray thing. They should never have changed the name to begin with and the actual name, I don’t like it, but adult me probably would have thought Star Destroyer or Millennium Falcon was a pretty stupid name as well (bite my own tongue right now). There are lots of characters who refer to their ship by name, Han Solo does it in SW4, so while the line reading isn’t as cool and effortless, it’s not that big of a deal.

I’m Australian so the dialogue, you bugger and mate, don’t bother me in the slightest and seem natural. It’s not exactly Josh Lawson in Mortal Kombat (but he is a lot of fun in that).

I realized watching the latest episode that there is a lot more color than just the mods. The Flashdancers club for example. Which made me realize, Favreau is about my age. So he must have read the original run of Marvel Star Wars comics when he was young. Go and look at those. They are hysterically stupid at times with some of the most ridiculous, bumbling, colorful characters and scenes. Much more than this show.

I think I was ready with knives on this show. I adored this character as a kid, can’t really tell you why, and what they are doing didn’t work for me.

But i guess this show is about taking a niche legacy character and turning it into a fully fledged person for the first time in live action. What was it like in the Sarlaac. What would you do when you got out. Could you go back to your old life. How would you react when people take you in as a family after spending all that time alone and then get slaughtered. I know it’s really rough around the edges but I have come around to the fish out of water and into the sand, Post Sarlaac Stress Disorder of it all.

Edit:
Also and most importantly I can relate to this show. I am at the age and physical condition where every time I exert myself I just have to go and have a lie down afterwards.

Last edited:
When I see the actors being interviewed I feel bad for thinking their show is bad. They were excited to work on it, they meant well, they hope fans enjoy it and hope they won't think they did a bad job. I feel like apologizing to them for my disappointment. :(

Alas, it is what it is.

Why? They are still paid. And everyone involved knows going in that entertainment projects like this will be judged and subject to criticism or praise based on their own merit.

This show sucks and I have no problem saying that because it's true. On the flip side I have praised The Mandalorian for the past two years, which makes this disaster of a Boba Fett show all the more disappointing.

Last edited:
Why? They are still paid. And everyone involved knows going in that entertainment projects like this will be judged and subject to criticism or praise based on their own merit.

This show sucks and I have no problem saying that because it's true. On the flip side I have praised The Mandalorian for the past two years, which makes this disaster of a Boba Fett show all the more disappointing.
It's just the way I am. I am Boba Fett.

Who said they were human??

This is where you and I will disagree. I thought they were goofy and not all that interesting.
Nobody… but if every human character in Star Wars did the exact same thing it’d be boring wouldn’t it? If all Mandalorians were bounty hunters it’d be boring, if all Trandoshans were slavers it’d be boring, if all Twi’leks were strippers it’d be boring and if all droids were translators it would also be boring.

Serious question...

Who the hell is this show for?

Little kids would be bored
Older kids would be bored
Casual fans wouldn't be interested (or be bored)
Older fans are outraged
Really old fans (hello me) are sad and disappointed.

Who is this show for, Disney? WHO?
Welp it's got an 84% on Rotten Tomatoes. Someone must be enjoying it...

E0B7D651-456C-4071-AF54-E0CD42FD4149.jpeg

IMO the whole button line was stupid and irritates me. Fennic actually saved the day. Was that supposed to be funny? It made no sense, just made Boba look like a whiny b*&^#h. :computer :pfft::poop:
I *think* it was supposed to convey two things:

1. That he felt that he had the situation under control and could have easily killed the Sarlacc himself doing either that or something else.
2. That he took pride in his ship and was very possessive of who did what in it.

I don't know that the general response indicates that either point was adequately made though, lol.

IMO the whole button line was stupid and irritates me. Fennic actually saved the day. Was that supposed to be funny? It made no sense, just made Boba look like a whiny b*&^#h. :computer :pfft::poop:

They were lucky the bomb actually rolled off the ship and fell into the Sarlacc and didn't get stuck on the ship. It was a desperate move since Boba had no contingency plan. Boba is the type of homie that doesn't wear protection either and gets STD's from alien chicks. :lol

They were lucky the bomb actually rolled off the ship and fell into the Sarlacc and didn't get stuck on the ship. It was a desperate move since Boba had no contingency plan. Boba is the type of homie that don't wear protection either and gets STD's from alien chicks. :lol
Yeah I thought about that since the Seismic Charges seem to go off on a timer and not from impact, lol.

I *think* it was supposed to convey two things:

1. That he felt that he had the situation under control and could have easily killed the Sarlacc himself doing either that or something else.
2. That he took pride in his ship and was very possessive of who did what in it.

I don't know that the general response indicates that either point was adequately made though, lol.
Yeah but Boba's dementia (e.g. couldn't remember crawling over sand while indestructible metal plates grind into your chest and legs - chrissake it's not like Din D'jarin didn't have the &^%$ beaten out of him and was concussed and STILL staggered over to check on Baby and complete his mission) anyway Boba's dementia and stupidity was gonna get the two of them killed.

Plus if the armor is Beskar - who has a weaponized ship and DOESN'T just drop a bomb in, knowing the armor would survive? U decide ur gonna faceplant your whole ship? The writing in this show is idiotic. The more u think about it the worse it gets. :poop: :computer

Back