The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now excited rather than anxious about the next episode.
we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

Woo-boy. Why is it that the script is at a point where it feels like they film the first draft? Some okay ideas in this one but undone by sloppy direction, groan-inducing cuteness and an overall cheap look.

Cuddly bantha, adorable droids, doubles down on the lame mall-rats motif started with the Vespa gang...now there's piercing/tattoo parlor, er, "cyber implants" studio . Ugh.

This episode isn't going to curb the dread, folks.

So how long was Boba stuck in the Sarlaac? I thought he managed to get out pretty sharpish after going in but this episode seemed to imply that he might have been down there for years slowly digesting?

Also as I thought it might, the show now definitely looks to be going for full seven samurai / magnificent seven for the final showdown. Three recruited so far (Boba, Fennec and BK) with Mando a lock for number 4 leaving 3 potential spaces left to fill (hoping for some ESB bounty hunters, Bossk and Dengar). Maybe Cobb Vanth can come back for the final space. Would be a fun homage to genres that Star Wars already leans so heavily on.

If they are up against the pikes with the rumoured Crimson Dawn influence it would be really fun if Cad Bane and Qi'ra were leading them.

This episode finally gave the show a bit of a plot line and I am now excited rather than anxious about the next episode.
Probably no more than a day. Pretty sure he was with the Tuskens for years, although didn’t feel like it.

And banthas are now like dogs, who wag their tails in anticipation of food. :lol

Boba's such an animal lover, which isn't surprising coming from The Mouse.
Kind to animals and children. Old Hollywood trick to show you a character is actually good. That doesn't bother me at all actually. Bad dudes can often be animal lovers. They don't get along well with people, so they relate more to animals.

Last edited:
EV-9D9 went from chief of cyborg operations to bartender at Chalmun's cantina, and then back to the palace as a cook under Bib.

View attachment 556847

Droids for the most part in this series are comedy fodder. As is the whole series really, especially compared with The Mandalorian.
He doesn't sleep. He needs to keep busy or the stress sets in.

“Your time with the Tuskens has made you soft”
“No. It’s made me strong. . . . Everyone needs a tribe.”

Appreciated they took time to give Boba some impetus and agency cause it's just going to be balls to wall from here. Can't wait.
If only this Boba had balls

I haven’t watched this series at all yet. I don’t have permenant subscription. I only subscribed to Disney + for one month at a time. I will wait for the season to complete and then cram all episodes of Boba Fett and Hawkeye into 30 days subscription.
That said: The appeal of Boba Fett was always in his mystery. I never needed or wanted to see his face ( thank you Jeremy Bullock). I didn’t like the Jango Fett clone prequel explanation. And I HATE resurrection narratives in Science Fiction ( or Soap operas) .
I certainly don’t need or want to see Temuera Morrison’s face throughout the series. The helmet IS Boba Fett.
I would have been much more receptive to a pre-New Hope prequel focusing on Fett along with Jabba, Gritto , and other Bounty Hunters.

I haven’t watched this series at all yet. I don’t have permenant subscription. I only subscribed to Disney + for one month at a time. I will wait for the season to complete and then cram all episodes of Boba Fett and Hawkeye into 30 days subscription.
That said: The appeal of Boba Fett was always in his mystery. I never needed or wanted to see his face ( thank you Jeremy Bullock). I didn’t like the Jango Fett clone prequel explanation. And I HATE resurrection narratives in Science Fiction ( or Soap operas) .
I certainly don’t need or want to see Temuera Morrison’s face throughout the series. The helmet IS Boba Fett.
I would have been much more receptive to a pre-New Hope prequel focusing on Fett along with Jabba, Gritto , and other Bounty Hunters.
You may as well not watch this at all then cause you will not like it

sarcasm-youre-gonna-love-it.gif

So, I really enjoyed Episode 4. Seems there's an odd/even episode quality thing going on. I thought the flashback portion was good and established a bit more about the character's motivation and adjusted mindset. I thought the present day stuff was a little less cringe and even though I saw the Black Krystalmeth partnership looming and didn't really want it, I ultimately don't mind it (and it made him letting him go last episode a little less terrible). I am super interested in the last three episodes and then ultimately what a seven episode binge re-watch might feel like. I still expect great things from this thread over the next few days but I feel the quality of the thread and the quality of the episode will be perfectly balanced...as all things should be. Wait...wrong Disney franchise! :)

[SPOILER="so.... i am seeing a pattern... every 30 minute episodes sucks ass and every 49 minute episodes rule. i went into episode 4 with low expectations, but pleasantly surprised and grinned from ear to ear. my man boba has some insane plot armor with BK... even more than mando with his literal plot armor. its confirmed that boba's gear is in fact plot armor as well."][/SPOILER]

1642596319337.png

i’m ok
You err.... didn't answer my questions. They were kinda relevant, so I understand why you avoided them though.:lolAnd I do care what you would say. I am usually interested in what you post so I sometimes respond.

I guess you missed the response on here to Disney's Mandalorian series. Overwhelmingly positive, dare I say it - love? Same with Rogue One.

That's not "So what else is new? Fans pissed at the direction Disney ks taking Star Wars? My gosh how can that be." That's just that faux-superior sarcasm thing ("neckbeards" etc) the media developed as a lazy defense against the ST fan response. Basic ad hominem stuff.

And Boba Fett is in the top ten most recognized SW characters of all time (e.g. Empire Online placed him at #7 on their greatest SW characters list, above Yoda, Ben, Palps, Rey and Maul.) That doesn't qualify as a "major supporting character"?:dunno
Hrm, ok , what I ment by SW hate is that its been quite obvious to me after the ST that SW shows create a visceral reaction in fans. Its very much all or nothing with fans. The ST had some redeeming elements surely? Parts of it that were good? Same with this show? But no, some fans really will not see that, because they are black and white when it comes to viewing this property.

Once they determine its on the “bad” list, no matter what the film/show does, it becomes a fodder for picking apart every detail….even things we have seen before in more “loved” SW films. Or things that shouldn't be deal breakers. I didnt care for the whole vespa chase scene myself, but I did enjoy the Hutt scenes quite a bit. So, overall it was a wash for me that episode.

As far as BF goes, I could care less what any publication says about his character. To ME he has always been a minor character, that was WAY over blown in his fandom, mostly due to fans simply liking his look. The Ewoks and Jawas have about the same screen time, and in the case of the Ewoks, they actually have more importance to the plot, but I hate them as well. So my dislike , is also viseral for thise charaters but I am willing to accept some thing wont land with my tastes , and not completely hate ROTJ or any other SW things due to some bad ideas or choices that do not appeal to me.

When I said nobody cares what I think, I was not trying to sound like a martyr cause on the other side of the coin, I dont care what anyone else thinks either. I watch and like what I want too. Youtube videos with a billion “likes” that trash seemly everything wouldnt change my mind on what I find entertaining. Although sometimes I wonder about people whom may seem to form opinions based on the top youtube videos about any given product. We often see it here, and I am not sure how that affects opinions on anything, or just reinforces that visceral reaction? I am glad so far most of the current members do not feel obligated to post Youtube videos supporting their opinions like that somehow makes them more valid. Nothing anyone says really would sway anyones overall opinion of anything SW anyway.

When it comes to visceral SW hate, SW fans are the best at it. Even now I can remeber Rouge One getting quite a bit of that hate, but time seems to have mellowed that out.

I think the same think is happening to Solo, which was almost universally hated, especially on this forum, but now seems to command more respect among many viewers in general. Solo is probably the best representation of that visceral reaction being tamed over time.

So far, overall, I am enjoying the show, proably a 6.5 out of ten. The second episode was the best, followed by the firat and finally the 3rd. Not much to rewatch so far…..hence the rating.

I can hope this thread does not turn into a crap feast of constant badgering of this show like the ST thread did….it really ruined it for people who wanted to talk about the show and not just try to outdo the next guy in trashing it.

I do not mind the critics really, but the constant harping and contiunal pounding away at the same perceived flaws really gets tiring wading through. And thats a shame for thise whom may wanna discuss….you know….the plot and character development?

Just curious, because I asked this of the people on the ST as well, and got some really good answers….

What would you want to see of BF? I saw a few examples of what people want to see, and then some really stupid ones….

Banging Fennic? If people saying that are serious, then the SW they want is nothing like the one I want. SW has always been a family adventure show, no need to thrn it into GOT or The Sopranos. I would rather see the property die in the likes of Lucas PT than see it go that direction.

Just curious, because I asked this of the people on the ST as well, and got some really good answers….

What would you want to see of BF? I saw a few examples of what people want to see, and then some really stupid ones….
I started watching Mando from the start with my son this week (his first time). I think everything I'd expect from Boba Fett is covered within the first 3 episodes of Mando. It establishes him as an experienced bounty hunter who can go from peaceful to ultimate badass in an instant. The inclusion of The Child just adds another layer to the character - gives you a reason to root for him (despite his profession).

Given this has already been done, I can see why they chose to go in another direction for Book of Boba. I think most of the negativity is down to poor execution from the team making the show.

I think if they'd made him more like the ruthless Boba we expected when he's first captured by the Tuskens and the show played out linearly so that we saw the gradual change it would have been a lot better received. This episode explained his motivations a lot better than any of the other episodes. He's getting old, he almost died working for Jabba and he realised that line of work is going to get him killed and for what? He found something of a family in the Tuskens since Jango (do the other bounty hunter's in TCW count as family?) and they were taken away too. He wants his life to go in a different direction and I'm starting to be ok with that. The execution is awful though.

Back