The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we sure that he was with the Tuskens for 3-4 years? I can't remember the exact dialogue from the latest episode but I thought that maybe it was supposed to imply that he has actually in the Sarlacc that long...
It’s all really unclear but it’s definitely longer than Rey trained as a Jedi.

I lied. :p I can’t stop reading the comments lol. I can’t believe BOBF may make the ST more palpable to some, I guess it happens all the time with SW. The favored pariah can only last so long before being dethroned for something new and maybe worse.

I’m going to add my own pros and cons for the episode.

Cons
Fennec laughable surgery, have to wonder where all the organic matter was disposed and why a Mod tech would have life saving surgical skills. It’s one thing to add cybernetic modifications, it’s another to save a life through augmentations.

Boba bringing the Slave I into the sarlaac. I was screaming at the screen it was likely still alive. Maybe he had to get that close to scan it but why not send Fennec’s probe droid in there like she did when scanning Jabba’s palace.

Feeding the Bantha meat. I always thought they were herbivores but there’s not much foliage on Tatooine so it makes sense most animals would be omnivores to maximize survival.

Pros

Krrsantan dismembering the Trandoshan. I kept hoping it would happen and was concerned Beals character would successfully deescalate situation. That scene ended perfectly with some dark humor which was much needed.

Parts of the Palace Infiltration. It was nice to see Fennec and Boba working together even if she provided a lot of cover and seemed more one sided in her competence (sadly a reoccurring problem). I questioned the sewage drain but Fennec likely has some expensive and rare tech that allowed the bars to oxidize. There was some smoke and chemical reaction before the bars fell.

Slave I mowing down the Nikto gang. Boba’s expressions and his voice acting was better than previous episodes. It seems Tem’s ability to remain intimidating is dependent on directors or it could be since this is in the past it matches his original character. I really liked his heavy breathing after each line like he was so aggravated by even having to speak. As if it takes a lot of self control to just tolerate your presence. Seemed more ESB Boba to me.

This reminds me of the time years ago, when I read some online poll about who the best bounty hunters were considered to be. Then they were going back and asking people why they voted the way they did.

More than one person added Dengar to the list, and when asked why those people replied with a version of, "Because of that thing on his head! Its so cool! Dengar is a badass!" Not his skills or his reputation, the fact that he wears a headwrap. That was it.

I wasn't really back into SW then like I am now, but even then I remember thinking, "Y'all. WTF." LOL

Yes, audiences are superficial creatures. I liked Bossk purely for his appearance (incl flight suit).

I also liked Valance from the old Marvel comics, because he was a droid-hating cyborg. Good to see he's been canon-ised again.

I lied. :p I can’t stop reading the comments lol. I can’t believe BOBF may make the ST more palpable to some, I guess it happens all the time with SW. The favored pariah can only last so long before being dethroned for something new and maybe worse.

I’m going to add my own pros and cons for the episode.

Cons
Fennec laughable surgery, have to wonder where all the organic matter was disposed and why a Mod tech would have life saving surgical skills. It’s one thing to add cybernetic modifications, it’s another to save a life through augmentations.

Boba bringing the Slave I into the sarlaac. I was screaming at the screen it was likely still alive. Maybe he had to get that close to scan it but why not send Fennec’s probe droid in there like she did when scanning Jabba’s palace.

Feeding the Bantha meat. I always thought they were herbivores but there’s not much foliage on Tatooine so it makes sense most animals would be omnivores to maximize survival.

Pros

Krrsantan dismembering the Trandoshan. I kept hoping it would happen and was concerned Beals character would successfully deescalate situation. That scene ended perfectly with some dark humor which was much needed.

Parts of the Palace Infiltration. It was nice to see Fennec and Boba working together even if she provided a lot of cover and seemed more one sided in her competence (sadly a reoccurring problem). I questioned the sewage drain but Fennec likely has some expensive and rare tech that allowed the bars to oxidize. There was some smoke and chemical reaction before the bars fell.

Slave I mowing down the Nikto gang. Boba’s expressions and his voice acting was better than previous episodes. It seems Tem’s ability to remain intimidating is dependent on directors or it could be since this is in the past it matches his original character. I really liked his heavy breathing after each line like he was so aggravated by even having to speak. As if it takes a lot of self control to just tolerate your presence. Seemed more ESB Boba to me.
Your pros and cons are pretty similar to mine, though I'm somewhat less forgiving of the Black K scene, simply because his motivation for attacking the trandoshans was baffling. Us Star Wars lore nerds know that Trandoshans hunt Wookiee's for sport, but your average Bob Smith doesn't know that. It just seemed like a competely random act of violence for...reasons. I may be alone in this but I kind of felt sorry for the trandoshans, they were just having a night out not bothering anyone. All it did for me was make Black K look like a huge ****** bag, and unless that was the intent, it was just a weirdly handled scene. Kind of makes me hope Bossk shows up and kicks his furry ass.

I've loved Fett since he first hit in 79. But the prequels destroyed his mystery and the voice swap in the OT was a killing stroke. The intent (which made him so popular) completely changed when they used Morrison's voice. He went from a savage hunter/killer who didn't back down to anyone, to someone just regurgitating lines. (And yeah, his death was bad, but that was hardly the characters fault - just poor writing).

But BOBF has taken things to a new level of low - on all fronts. The acting is embarrassingly bad. The writing is baffling. The music is grating. The sets, cinematography, costumes (those English cyberpunks are laughable - and their idiotic vespa bikes)... just everything. Woeful fan film at best. Amateur-hour across the board.

And the flashbacks... please, for the love of everything good in the world -STOP! **** me! If they wanted to do that, start the ******* show 5 years earlier, then at the appropriate moment, jump to the present. Every ******* week... Same ******* shot...

How the **** they can go from The Mandalorian to this is mind blowing. And ****wit Rodgriguz hyped the **** out of it. ********.

https://screenrant.com/book-boba-fett-robert-rodriguez-hype-quote/

With sincere apologies to everyone on this thread that I respect - I have to own up that I'm quite enjoying this
icon_redface.gif

No need to apologise here buddy. :1-1:
enemy-friend.gif

Your pros and cons are pretty similar to mine, though I'm somewhat less forgiving of the Black K scene, simply because his motivation for attacking the trandoshans was baffling. Us Star Wars lore nerds know that Trandoshans hunt Wookiee's for sport, but your average Bob Smith doesn't know that. It just seemed like a competely random act of violence for...reasons. I may be alone in this but I kind of felt sorry for the trandoshans, they were just having a night out not bothering anyone. All it did for me was make Black K look like a huge ****** bag, and unless that was the intent, it was just a weirdly handled scene. Kind of makes me hope Bossk shows up and kicks his furry ass.
"Trandoshans hunt Wookies for sport" this line was needed in the script.

There's an awful LOT to hate despise LOATHE in this episode, and while I indeed LOATHED the techno piercing club, I'm perfectly fine with the sanitized nature of Fennec's surgery. At the end of the day, this is still (allegedly) Star Wars, so we never need to see blood and guts and viscera.

Her reaction was ridiculous, too....just "What happened to me?" Then she looks at her exposed pistons and she's like "Eh, what're ya gonna do?"

Now a normal reaction would be absolute shock and existential terror, like the ONLY good scene in that godawful RoboCop remake, where they show him that he's just a head and a pair of lungs. Utterly terrifying scene that I can still vividly remember years and years later, and I forgot the rest of the movie.
Star Wars isn't body horror. I don't need "Tetsuo The Iron Man" levels of freaking out in what's supposed to be a fun show. So I'm OK with the completely sterile treatment of what would in reality be a walking nightmare.

I am NOT, however, OK with the setting and characters in that scene. Terrible.

Years later, I remember Tetsuo well. The thing that disturbed me was when they included the cat in what was happening to him. O HELL to the no on that.

RoboCop should have went ballistic and wrecked the place, and killed everyone present when he realized what they had done to him. Would have been very understandable.

Apparently. They are called Acolytes. But somehow they built an entire planet-load of star destroyers on a planet with no resources... so they have some skillz.
They’re trying to fix the ST through comics, those Star Destroyers had been there since the OT, apparently :lol

It's almost like Favreau felt Boba was so inherently badass that there was no need to actually have him doing badass things in the show. Apparently all that's necessary is just to have him wear the armor and declare "I am Boba Fett" every chance he gets. 😄
He doesn't even wear his armour properly. Someone please just glue that helmet to his head.

We're all assuming Din will show up but given how disappointing this series has been, I wouldn't be surprised if next episode, one of the Mandalorian ships, like the one Bo-Katan has, lands next to Jabba's palace. The ramp opens. We're all excited. An armoured figure walks down the ramp. And it's........
The Fett Flipper.
"Mand'alor Djarin is too busy being the ruler of a planet to personally help you, dumbass. He sent me."
Then she flips Fett for fun.
Fennec looks on with that "what an idiot" look she always has when Fett does or says something idiotic.

Last edited:
Just when I thought that they had nowhere to go after candy colored Vespa gang they go and give us a bald Boba Fett dressed like Friar Tuck crashing around a kitchen while chasing a little rabbit droid. Then out of every single character that has ever existed in Star Wars he chooses *that droid* to menacingly declare his own name to. Holy crap I cannot stop laughing, what oh what can possibly be next. :lol
Dude, oftentimes you have a way of putting things that increases the hilarity tenfold. :rotfl

I was also Loling at the idea of Fett being ''further impeded'' by a pulled out chair as he pursued the mayor's aide around the counter. :lol

Last edited:
We're all assuming Din will show up but given how disappointing this series has been, I wouldn't be surprised if next episode, one of the Mandalorian ships, like the one Bo-Katan has, lands next to Jabba's palace. The ramp opens. We're all excited. An armoured figure walks down the ramp. And it's........
The Fett Flipper.
"Mand'alor Djarin is too busy being the ruler of a planet to personally help you, dumbass. He sent me."
Then she flips Fett for fun.
Fennec looks on with that "what an idiot" look she always has when Fett does or says something idiotic.

I actually came to quite like the Fett flipper after I saw some footage of her in WWE. She's hot, and she knows how to flip people around.

Doubt it'll be her, and I seriously doubt ANY of Filoni's self-wank characters are gonna show up. And there's no way Din will show up. "The Mandalorian" is their golden goose, and they left those characters on somewhat of a cliffhanger. They're not gonna throw away the "tension" of the "Darksaber saga" just for them to prop up this washed up turd.

I doubt they'd even waste that useless Axe Woves guy or whatever the hell his dumb name is. They gotta be saving his meaningless death scene for the real series. Still shocked it wasn't in the S2 finale just to up the stakes in that final battle a little bit. That guy reminds me of Charlie Sheen's partner from "Hot Shots!"....he should just have "Dead Meat" written in Aurabesh on his armor.

Back