The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO, there was a huge missed opportunity for the BOBF ( For the record, I actually liked the show, one of the few here probably)

If it was up to me, I would have left Cobb Vanth as the "fake Boba Fett". He had to live up to the legacy and notoriety of the "legend" of the famed bounty hunter and was mostly capable, but not this level of pure assassin/warrior as the original. Have TM as the mostly cameo character, as the real Fett, who is essentially retired. He doesn't want to fight anymore and he doesn't want to have assassins after him forever, so he allows Vanth to take the role. Give him the Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now role.

Timothy Olyphant has actually carried a show before. So at least you get some proven "star power" to headline the production. How far does the character need to go? Not far. Just make him Raylan Givens in a Boba Fett armor situation.

Also leave Bib Fortuna alive as the main antagonist.

Throw in Dengar, "Cammie and Fixer", Biggs Darklighter's parents and General Madine and you got plenty to work with there. Hell bring back Billy Dee Williams. Why not at this point.

It's not like it hasn't worked before. That's essentially the plot to Banshee on Cinemax.
I don’t think Billy Dee has long. He seemed real out of it at Celebration and had to read off a note to even string some sentences together. Not his usual smooth self. :(

Back