The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the horror movie angle too... but I can't sit through a 3-hour horror movie.

Too much detecting.

Like that funeral scene. It's great once the sounds of the screeching car are heard but slow and boring before that. Hi Mr Wayne. I know this movie doesn't need to be 3 hours to be understood.

I like the horror movie angle too... but I can't sit through a 3-hour horror movie.

Too much detecting.

Like that funeral scene. It's great once the sounds of the screeching car are heard but slow and boring before that. Hi Mr Wayne. I know this movie doesn't need to be 3 hours to be understood.
You’re right it needs to be 4 hours

:chase

The Batman EE

Batman will be walking through longer hallways.... more scenes of cars arriving and actors exiting and walking into buildings... more scenes of actors leaving the building and getting into their cars to drive away... more helicopter skyline shots for longer periods.... most slow dolly shots up the stone path toward Wayne Manor with dead leaves blowing by... more slow dolly shots moving up behind the Riddler's back as he works on something unseen... longer holds on the question mark floating in soup...

This movie rocks!!!

Batman will be walking through longer hallways.... more scenes of cars arriving and actors exiting and walking into buildings... more scenes of actors leaving the building and getting into their cars to drive away... more helicopter skyline shots for longer periods.... most slow dolly shots up the stone path toward Wayne Manor with dead leaves blowing by... more slow dolly shots moving up behind the Riddler's back as he works on something unseen... longer holds on the question mark floating in soup...

This movie rocks!!!
b4xVz3x.gif

I have seen a lot of negativity surrounding this film? This happens all the time. Ben affleck was hounded and ridiculed. People hated the guy and thought he was fat and has a duct tape costume. Now people love him and think he’s “ the best”

people hated Keaton for the role now they think he’s iconic and the “ the best”

people could t let go of bake bats and said he was the best even tho his voice was trash.

so here we are again . New Batman . Lots of fans hate it and make fun of Pattinson for twilight and think the movie is “ to dark”

i bet you 100 dollars that when this film comes out just like with everything else you’ll see a huge herd of fans saying how he’s the best and the comic come to life and that no one can do it better.

same damn thing happened with the joker aside from leto. Pheonix joker got the treatment and movie made a billion and won an Oscar.

so another batcycle is upon us yet again . Soon wor gar, snoop and Loki will join the cycle and buy all the Batman merch they can find. They will call it a masterpiece abs snoop will throw all his Snyder merch in the garbage burning it. Only a matter of time

Somehow I got thrown into the anti-Batman camp? :lol

OK, Ironwez, let's review your Bat-History...

Keaton laughed at -- yes. Ledger laughed at -- yes.

But other than Batman 1989 and Batman Begins/TDK, do you know how many failures Batman has piled up?

Yes, the Bat-cycle continues. Will this be Batman '89 or TDK...?

Or will it be Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, TDKR or anything DCEU Batfleck...?

Hey I love Batman. I don’t think this looks like a bad movie at all. I just hate the costumes lol.

Seriously? His costume isn't a joke? A green hoody with a green raincoat with a question mark painted on and a gimp mask? And some black gloves and jeans. Definitely created by the smartest guy in the room. Must be the glasses? :lol

View attachment 557999

How in the world can any Batman fan take this seriously?

And no he doesn't need to be ridiculous like Jim Carrey's Riddler. A simple Green suit, green hat, and a cane with a question mark. That is more realistic and real world than this.
I love it because it's based on the Zodiac killer. The whole film is heavily lifting pages from David Fincher's aesthetic.
Zodiac-sketch.jpg

Last edited:
I *hated* the bat-costume, but thought it may look better in motion. It seems to. I like the Riddler's look and think it works as a creepy Batman rogue. My two biggest objections are Catwoman's dollar store ski mask, and Batman wading through automatic weapons fire. The rest are nitpicks that I can't really justify without having seen the whole film.

The only Batman comic on my shelf is Year One. This is already a bigger story, but such is the Way of the Blockbuster. Things blow up real good.

I have moved to Hype-Con Level 3.

I *hated* the bat-costume, but thought it may look better in motion. It seems to. I like the Riddler's look and think it works as a creepy Batman rogue. My two biggest objections are Catwoman's dollar store ski mask, and Batman wading through automatic weapons fire. The rest are nitpicks that I can't really justify without having seen the whole film.

The only Batman comic on my shelf is Year One. This is already a bigger story, but such is the Way of the Blockbuster. Things blow up real good.

I have moved to Hype-Con Level 3.
Great post nail on head.

Batman not getting shot on the face is way more dumb than any costume concerns.

But I do like that this Batman is so hell bent on his mission that he put himself in that situation to begin with.

But those criminals are Boba dumb lol

Back