The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 541932

The only downside to The Batman (TB) I see so far is CatWoman. I wish they would just forget that character, as she has very little to do with Batman over the life of the comics.
There is literally dozens of stories which she is either not in at all or is relegated to a side character.
My prediction is she will be the reason this film sucks (of it does)? I tired rehash of the same dynamic we have seen in film every iteration we have….retire her.

Now , the younger Wayne, and him figiting his growing tendency to become the thing he hates? That I can watch and I hope thats the true story. Bruce being a recluse weirdo , on the edge of breaking his one rule all the time would be a refresher. A out of control , young , inexperienced Batman , full of doubt and making mistakes? Sounds good to me.
I wanna watch him learn to be the confident brooding Batman we always get.

Last edited:
Now , the younger Wayne, and him figiting his growing tendency to become the thing he hates? That I can watch and I hope thats the true story. Bruce being a recluse weirdo , on the edge of breaking his one rule all the time would be a refresher. A out of control , young , inexperienced Batman , full of doubt and making mistakes?

Then a young Superman comes along with his pink haired boyfriend and shows Bruce the way.

Then a young Superman comes along with his pink haired boyfriend and shows Bruce the way.
giphy.webp

In your post above - The Batman (June 25, 2021)

You have falsely attributed to me a quote of somebody else, something I never said
Seems like a genuine mistake.
You are quoting this person bellow and incorrectly wrapping my name on it, please fix it!

Finally just watched the trailer. There's some good and bad. Still hoping for more good. But as much as some of you guys like this look for Batman, the costume & Batmobile, I don't see how many can be excited to have this as their Bruce Wayne... :dunno

View attachment 541932

Last edited:
I can't believe Mondragon said all that then disguised it as Loki2371.
:cuss! .........:lol

To be fair my opinion isn't that far off his, but the truth is I did not say that.
I have much more fun and dismissive quotes about the generic trailer, generic set-up taken from Dirty Harry vs Scorpio(Zodiac Killer analog), the bug-antennae costume, and unoriginal Batmo'bile (embarrassingly the last on the block to join the played out 60s-70s black muscle car bandwagon), with everyone fawhning over the most mediocre spin like it's all new and edgy.

5rbr8n.gif

Yeeeehaw!
5rbvax.gif

5pyu75.gif

Already made this look good
5pyr0m.gif

5pys91.gif

...what!
5rbrqv.gif

Hell Charged!
5rbqu3.gif

I am however ok with Paton and a Miller "Year One" cobbled together belt-and-gear Batman (actually my favorite take), despite the ridiculous blue steel-ing Emo shots.:wink1:
5rbt32.gif

Last edited:
There was talk of Batman having 2 suits, but from the look of the new trailer, it appears as if he only has the 1.....:)

:cuss! .........:lol

To be fair my opinion isn't that far off his, but the truth is I did not say that.
I have much more fun and dismissive quotes about the generic trailer, generic set-up taken from Dirty Harry vs Scorpio(Zodiac Killer analog), the bug-antennae costume, and unoriginal Batmo'bile (embarrassingly the last on the block to join the played out 60s-70s black muscle car bandwagon), with everyone fawhning over the most mediocre spin like it's all new and edgy.

5rbr8n.gif

I think it will all make sense once you see the film. 😊

Loki is a mischievous shape shifter after all. 🤭
Now that's clever, considering your name The Clown Prince of Crime and xipotec aka: Xipe Tótec deity who wears others flayed skin.
5rd5fy.gif

Batman Scissorhands
:lol
It makes sense now. There is nothing that complicated. That the web's-hive-mind (and some 6,000 posts echoing it here) tell themselves this is some deep, innovative new take revealing a profound spin on Batman, is also hysterical.
5rdgyq.gif

Last edited:
It’s not new but it feels like the Batman with a darker spin that’s all that matters

Now that's clever, considering your name The Clown Prince of Crime and xipotec aka: Xipe Tótec deity who wears others flayed skin.
5rd5fy.gif

uil3UPU.gif

It makes sense now.
But you don't know unless you read the spoilers.
There is nothing that complicated.
It's not complicated at all.
That the web's-hive-mind (and some 6,000 posts echoing it here) tell themselves this is some deep, innovative take revealing a profound Batman, is also hysterical.

Profound like my deep layered post. I thought you said it was clever!! :tap

It makes sense now. There is nothing that complicated. That the web's-hive-mind (and some 6,000 posts echoing it here) tell themselves this is some deep, innovative new take revealing a profound spin on Batman, is also hysterical.
I haven't got that impression. I see that people think it looks like a fun take on Batman and hopeful they won't be disappointed. Where are you seeing people giving it accolades for being deep and innovative? (Especially based on a couple of trailers).

Where are you seeing people giving it accolades for being deep and innovative? (Especially based on a couple of trailers).
This is what I was replying to^
My reply was - it's not that complicated.
Get over it, whole point is this generic trailer and set up, is nothing that new, complex or innovative....
Also that they don't know they are just watching Dirty Harry vs Scorpio (analog Zodiac killer) just applied to Batman.
Which Frank Miller already repurposed decades ago, and they are thinking what a great new take :lol

bknyk1.jpg

Which Miller already repurposed decades ago, this is a pretty base Batman (actually what I like!) This however just looks generic and mediocre.
Worse the embarrassing wanabee iron-man( *bullet hail walk) visual, turning (one of the few not cliche crime boss) Penguin, into a cliche, worst Deniro impression Gabagool stereotype generic Italian mobster.
And making him the last character on screen to get a retro 60s-70s muscle car now, are not new innovative or edgy :lol. They are played-out, it's a production straight out of ideas, trying to hit the most safe, unoriginal, easily trending check-boxes.
For a fandom going they did it! They hit them all. Gen. who describes the mundane as Epic, and don't distinguish Emo from Pulp-Noir or Gothic.
the trailer was epic .
Batman is very emo .

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
This is what I was replying to^
My reply was - it's not that complicated.
Get over it, whole point is this generic trailer and set up, is nothing that new, complex or innovative....

Which Miller already repurposed decades ago, this is a pretty base Batman (actually what I like!) This however just looks generic and mediocre.
Worse the embarrassing wanabee iron-man( *bullet hail walk) visual, turning (one of the few not cliche crime boss) Penguin, into a cliche, worst Deniro impression Gabagool stereotype generic Italian mobster.
And making him the last character on screen to get a retro 60s-70s muscle car now, are not new innovative or edgy :lol. They are played-out, it's a production straight out of ideas, trying to hit the most safe, unoriginal, easily trending check-boxes.
For a fandom going they did it! They hit them all. Gen. who describes the mundane as Epic, and don't distinguish Emo from Pulp-Noir or Gothic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Lol I do t know what your trying to say. Batman is emo. He was when he was younger. Nobody said anything about this being an original take or brand new. It just looks like a good Batman film. It doesn’t need to be brand new just get the core if the character down . I don’t know why some of you think a Batman film needs to try something new. Cause if they changed even a bit of what he is or how he operates you’d cry just like now.
You sound mad about the car. Like chill it’s just a car and if you know Batman then you’d know that’s not his only car . I don’t know how it’s edgy to get a muscle car.

stop saying edgy btw. Everything about Batman is edgy. His whole suit has edges

I haven't got that impression. I see that people think it looks like a fun take on Batman and hopeful they won't be disappointed. Where are you seeing people giving it accolades for being deep and innovative? (Especially based on a couple of trailers).
I don’t know. He sounds angry people like it. I don’t understand why people think we think it’s innovative. It just looks like a Batman film and fits the characters ascetic. Plus we don’t even know the story to even judge properly lol.

Back