The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes keeping it simple is just better.

Like what the **** is this? Just a mishmash of shapes.

View attachment 541911

It's not pretty, but it works well in the film. The chase in BB really showed how practical and useful it was in action. It's cool in action. The sound was nice too.

I think the 66 Batmobile is a beautiful car. Not very practical being a convertible, but it was my favorite Batmobile until 89 Batmobile.

As of right now, my ranking of the Batmobile.

1. 89
2. The Batman
3. 66
4. Tumbler
5. Forever
6. BVS - it's like a mixture of 89 and tumbler, but it's not for me
7. B&R

Forever is my fav batmobile

That car didn't just have a micropenis in the front, the entire car was a big, veiny penis on wheels. Thanks Joel Schumacher!

Of course, it could have been that weird HR Giger scissor-thing, so it could have been worse.

eagdfv5675b61.jpg

Stealth car that glows = not stealthy

The Batman is shaping up to be my 3rd favorite Batman movie after 89 and TDK. If the style works in the context of the movie, I will move it ahead of TDK -- TDK as a movie, Ledger's Joker will always raise that movie far beyond where it should be.

I admit, '89 Batman is a terrible movie held together by interesting art design and costumes. The world of '89 is better than the movie -- like Ledger is so much better than the rest of silly CSI TDK.

If The Batman could be a good movie AND feel like a cohesive world, that would be something no Batman movie has ever done.

Finally just watched the trailer. There's some good and bad. Still hoping for more good. But as much as some of you guys like this look for Batman, the costume & Batmobile, I don't see how many can be excited to have this as their Bruce Wayne... :dunno

Untitled.jpg

Stealth car that glows = not stealthy

The Batman is shaping up to be my 3rd favorite Batman movie after 89 and TDK. If the style works in the context of the movie, I will move it ahead of TDK -- TDK as a movie, Ledger's Joker will always raise that movie far beyond where it should be.

I admit, '89 Batman is a terrible movie held together by interesting art design and costumes. The world of '89 is better than the movie -- like Ledger is so much better than the rest of silly CSI TDK.

If The Batman could be a good movie AND feel like a cohesive world, that would be something no Batman movie has ever done.

Honestly The Dark Knight is the only Batman content that I really love. The rest of it is different levels of OK and meh. Ledger is of course the shining star but I enjoyed Bale as Batman too. The only truly great Batman movie.

Finally just watched the trailer. There's some good and bad. Still hoping for more good. But as much as some of you guys like this look for Batman, the costume & Batmobile, I don't see how many can be excited to have this as their Bruce Wayne... :dunno

View attachment 541932

I don't know how true this is, but I read that he's Batman for most of the movie, as this version of the character isn't really interested in being 'Bruce Wayne' anymore.

Honestly The Dark Knight is the only Batman content that I really love. The rest of it is different levels of OK and meh. Ledger is of course the shining star but I enjoyed Bale as Batman too. The only truly great Batman movie.
True. I think what makes TDK work so well, is that even if you removed Batman from the movie, and replaced him with any normal hardened gritty detective type character, it would still work as a great movie. It's both story driven and had great performances.

Batman Begins is a truly great Batman movie. 🙌

The Dark Knight Trilogy is the best overall live action adaptation of Batman/Bruce Wayne. It tells his origin and his story has an ending. It's not perfect, but it does more right than wrong.

Keaton had neither an origin nor a proper ending. Kilmer, the same. And Affleck, that's just a mess unfortunately. A 20 year career we never saw only to be shoved in a Superman/Doomsday film and then the Justice League debacle.

Back