The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1634485621123.png
laugh-ketawa.gif

Ah man I’m always gonna have a sweet spot for the Forever Batmobile. Love that movie despite how cheesy, love the costuming and loved the toys, though I was annoyed they didn’t make a regular Panther suit and the only accurate suit was the Sonar in the Batman and Robin two pack but he was in that weird yoga pose.

Here we are 20 years later or whatever and even HT isn’t doing the Panther suit! They’d better, or I’m gonna stop buying all their Batman toys and only most of them!

I love the '66 and '89 Batmobiles, as well as the BTAS one. This one's growing on me. I like that they went with something a little different, kept it grounded without resorting to the tactical-future-industrial default -- a mass of dark grey polyhedrons.

What I like about it so far is that it's a brutal, functional machine that looks like it can actually be a pursuit vehicle in a real city.

I still really don't love the suit but it does look better in action. And overall, I'm 83% hyped for this film and climbing.

I don't mind Catwoman as a character, but besides Burton's satire-infused magical realism, I haven't seen the character done justice on film yet. I love Kravitz's look in that shot with the parted bob, and she's smokin' as it is -- but her Catwoman look is too pedestrian for me from what we've seen so far. Also can't handle her being acrobatic in heels but I'd give it a pass for the right costume. At least they're not the ubiquitous MCU wedges.

The ending of this trailer has to be one of the most bad ass trailer endings EVER!

The **** gives me goosebumps even on the 10th viewing!
Same I can’t stop looking at it. I think the last trailer for Batman that got me this hyped was the 2008 tdk trailer. I haven’t felt this hype for a Batman film in so long .

New origin of the Batmobile; He's been slumming at Cooter's garage

you say that like its a bad thing.
No, I love vintage late 60s-70s muscle cars, especially in black, and that it's where the Duke's started makes it even more awesome (hence the vid.)
It was also awesome when Max had one. when Punisher had one, when Blade did, Dethproof Mike, Torreto and when Robbie Reye's lit up his Hell Charger.
As before (see bellow), I'm just mocking those who think it's some innovative great new idea, when it's the most derivative played-out lazy fanwank level idea, applied to character who by design should be tech and visually cutting-edge and innovative.
Yet this is a gen out of ideas. :lol
As long as Batman is not the last on the planet to join the embarrassing I also need a retro 60s-70s trickedout black muscle car bandwagon.

Max
EmptyComplicatedCowbird-max-1mb.gif

Punisher
5pyu75.gif

Blade
5pyr0m.gif

Deathproof Mike
5pys91.gif

Toretto
driving-accelerate.gif

Reyes' Hell Charger
tumblr_oewx14kDaj1so8xfgo1_500.gifv

giphy.gif

Or is this gen just completley bereft of ideas?
Also that they don't know they are just watching Dirty Harry vs Scorpio (analog Zodiac killer) just applied to Batman.
Which Frank Miller already repurposed decades ago, and they are thinking what a great new take :lol

bknyk1.jpg

Last edited:
Back