The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walter Hamada is the guy in charge of DC Films, but looks like Toby Emmerich is the Chairman of the Film Group. I'd go with those two as the shot callers while DiscoveryMax or whatever also would have a say what plays on their platform.

They might still be getting over the damage done with the rest of the year of films same day release with Max. The Batman could be a new start for them, at least on the quality side. Pretty clear they just keep after the money with the patchwork instead of burning the SnyderVerse down. They should do goodwill with doing a cheaper JL2/3 for Max. Clearly there is still a market for it, but you don't need the extraordinary budget. People want a Gotham PD over JL2/3? No way.
I gotta say I really like Venom signature.

We really need a new trailer for this. First one was great but I have high hopes for the next one... :panic:
What an odd statement. No offense, just an observation of how we think about marketing and movie trailers. The truth is, the trailer and the quality of the film are almost two different things, so regardless of if the trailer is good or bad, it really doesn't change the outcome of the film, whatever that is, but we judge trailers and we expect certain things from them, almost like they're short films. So many trailers are better than the actual films nowadays too. Hopefully, this film is good and the nex trailer gives us a better look at Riddler, but if it doesn't, it holds no barring on the actual film.

What an odd statement. No offense, just an observation of how we think about marketing and movie trailers. The truth is, the trailer and the quality of the film are almost two different things, so regardless of if the trailer is good or bad, it really doesn't change the outcome of the film, whatever that is, but we judge trailers and we expect certain things from them, almost like they're short films. So many trailers are better than the actual films nowadays too. Hopefully, this film is good and the nex trailer gives us a better look at Riddler, but if it doesn't, it holds no barring on the actual film.
What exactly is odd about what he said? He didn't say anything about the quality of the film. He simply said he has high hopes for the next trailer.

What exactly is odd about what he said? He didn't say anything about the quality of the film. He simply said he has high hopes for the next trailer.
The idea of wanting a trailer to be good. It's just one aspect of marketing, yet trailers have become their own little attraction or work of art. Some people cry watching trailers. We have teasers for teaser trailers and teaser trailers for full trailers. The whole thing is strange. It's almost as if trailers are now their own separate experience. I'm not criticizing him or anyone because I'm guilty of it too. It's just the way it is now. Trailers have evolved into some kind of art form for people to judge and critique, that's all. Watch trailers from previous decades and they're very different. Even average films and tv shows have decent trailers nowadays with how they're edited and the music they use. Some trailers even use footage that's not in the movie to enhance the "trailer experience", something Marvel is known for doing like when they had Hulk in the IW trailer running alongside Cap in Wakanda. It happens at the end of the trailer too, as if it was the third act or climax of the experience. Like films, there must be some kind of structure involve in creating a trailer. It's clever.

Last edited:
It not just wanting to watch more footage.
It's not just quantity.
It's the quality and presentation of that footage that we're really excited to see. 😉
The quality of the first trailer was so good I'm anticipating the same for the next trailer.

Some of the film was shot local to me so it will be good to see buildings and locations I know in a Batman film. :panic:

That trailer was very good imo. I can’t wait for Dc fandom . I also can’t wait for the heel turn everyone is going to do once the movie comes out and people say it’ll be the best Batman film ever made. It’s coming

That trailer was very good imo. I can’t wait for Dc fandom . I also can’t wait for the heel turn everyone is going to do once the movie comes out and people say it’ll be the best Batman film ever made. It’s coming
I've been on the hype train since the beginning. Very optimistic on this one.

Back