The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. He’s in his early 30s abd even that isn’t weird. He’s pretty emo and sad all the time. That’s just his thing . It’s not twilight level but it’s still pretty close.

hot topic and Batman go hand and hand lol
Exactly. Granted, Batman, written well, is more reserved in his brooding. Nobody wants something like the Tom King where he breaks down and cries in front of Catwoman 24/7. Spawn and his WAAAAAAAANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAs got old fast, and nobody wants a character who's a weak *****. It's why the average normie remembers Spawn as a cool CIA guy instead of a crybaby hanging out with hobos. I'll take cringe badassery over a weepy wanker. The truth of the matter is that many writers mistake emotion for downright weakness and can't toe the line. Batman should have brooding, depressive and emotional elements, but still be strong enough to shoulder it all and keep it together. I'm not a big fan of him having a huge hangup about his parents either, to the point where he breaks down and cries in the middle of a battle. The average slasher scream queen isn't as much of cryer, and the big bad Batman breaks down when he's reminded of a traumatic event from decades ago? Come on. When I got into Black Panther that was one of the reasons why I found him cooler than Batman at the time; his dad got killed when he was a kid, but you didn't see him breaking down. Batman's tragic origin has been getting more and more attention as the decades go on, and I get the trauma, but the more they push Batman being a mentally ill wacko, alongside his insane no-kill vow to the point where he goes out of his way to save the Joker, makes him look not like a hero, not like a villain, but like a tyrant who just wants to spend his days and also has a massive victim complex.

I do kinda miss the days of Hot Topic and TNBC merch being everywhere while the only major subculture were emos, and the cringiest thing they did was write bad Harry Potter fanfics and maybe give themselves a scar. It was all more innocent, especially compared to today.

Last edited:
Matt Reeves shares a look at Gotham.
View attachment 541631
Looks like a postcard...

20211014_195408.jpg

I'm super hyped for this! :panic:

I really hope it delivers. :pray:
It feels even more grounded than Nolan's Batman, more cerebral. I think a Batman movie needs this approach. Then after this they can go a little more actiony cgiy Batman after Battinson.

Back