The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That trailer was very good imo. I can’t wait for Dc fandom . I also can’t wait for the heel turn everyone is going to do once the movie comes out and people say it’ll be the best Batman film ever made. It’s coming
Some of the test screening commentary that has made it to the web has been very favorable of the film, citing the dark tone, detective focus, and performances. Not knocking what has come before, because the Nolan Trilogy was great, and Affleck was what (under different circumstances) could have been the best Batman...but I just want a solo Batman film that gives me the same feeling I got when playing any of the Arkham games for the first time.

From what this is going for, and what we've seen and know, I am cautiously hopeful that's what this can capture. The esthetic even seems to parallel a lot of what made those games so atmospheric, plus the Battinson suit seems heavily inspired by the Knight and Origins outfits. His grapple gun in the trailer even looks a lot like the Arkham design.

Basically looks like Se7en but bats happens to be in it.

bring me rain soaked perpetual night Gotham. Like the crow, which I think is the closest feeling of Gotham I’ve seen on film.

E_mYPZHUcAAaTQ-.jpeg

Some of the test screening commentary that has made it to the web has been very favorable of the film, citing the dark tone, detective focus, and performances. Not knocking what has come before, because the Nolan Trilogy was great, and Affleck was what (under different circumstances) could have been the best Batman...but I just want a solo Batman film that gives me the same feeling I got when playing any of the Arkham games for the first time.

From what this is going for, and what we've seen and know, I am cautiously hopeful that's what this can capture. The esthetic even seems to parallel a lot of what made those games so atmospheric, plus the Battinson suit seems heavily inspired by the Knight and Origins outfits. His grapple gun in the trailer even looks a lot like the Arkham design.
I feel for comic book movie directors. Everyone wants "their" Batman (or whatever character) on screen and each is as valid as the other, but often they don't dovetail nicely. Hard to win. What you're looking for matches an army of fans out there I'm sure. My version of Batman is bronze age, Neil Adams style, which is not far off from the games, as I understand them. To date, the detective tact hasn't been explored and it might be the last element left on the table thus far. I doubt we'll get a true mystery, because the studios don't want to chance making a comic book movie that requires serious thought from the audience, but maybe it will be close. It is somewhat surprising how fatigue hasn't set in with the public as, from a distant view, they keep telling the same story again and again; same goes for Spider-man.

Saw these earlier. Best to not look too deep into the Lego stuff as they have a habit of making random sets that don't appear in the film. They look good though.
Agreed as really all of this was in the trailer anyway.

Back