The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not there fault it's DC's fault. It's like going from a fine dinning steak to a dollar store steak. They are so stupid. I love DC and what they do when they put their head in the game, but it baffles my mind what they did in SS. DCEu fanboys say it's comic accurate but I couldn't care less. The tats, the grill, the stupid "gangsta" trope they were going with was cringy as all hell. Snyder even thought it was stupid and took away the tats and the grill.
The director David Ayer based most of his films from his experiences in LA. I know he took the gang look from those experiences, while is realistic, might not be quite appealing for a superhero movie. I rather liked the movie, don't get the huge hate for it. It is solid, nothing special of course. The main villain should have been Joker with all the edginess toned down. Just had a lot going on with an obscure villain no one asked nor cared to see.

The director David Ayer based most of his films from his experiences in LA. I know he took the gang look from those experiences, while is realistic, might not be quite appealing for a superhero movie. I rather liked the movie, don't get the huge hate for it. It is solid, nothing special of course. The main villain should have been Joker with all the edginess toned down. Just had a lot going on with an obscure villain no one asked nor cared to see.
I don't even remember if I saw Suicide Squad in theaters. :lol

I was disappointed by Leto after so much hype and marketing. And yet, it doesn't come close to how disappointed I was by Superman Returns, Fantastic 4 (original), and the biggest one of them all, BVS.

Bvs was a huge let down for me. I knew **** with suck when they showed lex and doomsday

I don't even remember if I saw Suicide Squad in theaters. :lol

I was disappointed by Leto after so much hype and marketing. And yet, it doesn't come close to how disappointed I was by Superman Returns, Fantastic 4 (original), and the biggest one of them all, BVS.
I saw Suicide Squad at home and wasn't disappointed because I went in expecting Maximum Suckage. Expectations met. :LOL: I remember a couple of scenes here and there.

Fantastic 4 I watched on a plane so it was entertaining for killing hours on a transatlantic flight -- captive audience! I literally remember nothing, though.

Superman Returns made no big impression on me, saw that one in the theatre. Have a very vague memory of the beginning and the end.

BvS or BS as I call it ... that was a hot mess but it was another case of knowing what I was getting into, at home. I remember a few scenes because Snyder's style is memorable even when it's not particularly good, but the story ... errr ... was there a story? They killed Jimmy! Those bastards!

Who are all these people com out of the woodwork to proclaim Batfleck a sensation?

Terrible Batman and worse BW in my opinion...

Re: Ben Affleck Batman film

Yeah that is a good point on Bale. His voice got worse and worse each film.....I am gonna miss some classic lines like, 'I'm not wearing hockey pants'
Unlike Batfleck that was terrible from the start.

Who are all these people com out of the woodwork to proclaim Batfleck a sensation?

Terrible Batman and worse BW in my opinion...

I'm not out of the woodwork, I've always thought that. But it's as much the character/tech/universe design as the actor.

TDK was the quintessential Batman movie I'd waited a lifetime for, but without room for metahumans the Nolanverse got a bit limited.

Just seen this:

David S. Goyer penned Man of Steel's screenplay, and in a lengthy chat with The Hollywood Reporter, he revealed a baffling script note given to him by Warner Bros.

"One note I got was on Man of Steel, where the ending involves Superman utilizing the pod that he arrived in as a child in order to bring down General Zod’s ship," Goyer said. "The note we got from the studio said, 'You have to change that.' We asked why. They said, 'Because if Superman uses that pod and it’s destroyed while saving the city, how is he ever going to get back home to Krypton?' There was just this long pause and we said, 'Krypton blew up. You saw 30 minutes of it!'"

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supe...XTru8WGhQN4vLpP08IJ5RcDLLVhFq0#gs.cded.74z3ew

Just seen this:

David S. Goyer penned Man of Steel's screenplay, and in a lengthy chat with The Hollywood Reporter, he revealed a baffling script note given to him by Warner Bros.

"One note I got was on Man of Steel, where the ending involves Superman utilizing the pod that he arrived in as a child in order to bring down General Zod’s ship," Goyer said. "The note we got from the studio said, 'You have to change that.' We asked why. They said, 'Because if Superman uses that pod and it’s destroyed while saving the city, how is he ever going to get back home to Krypton?' There was just this long pause and we said, 'Krypton blew up. You saw 30 minutes of it!'"

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/supe...XTru8WGhQN4vLpP08IJ5RcDLLVhFq0#gs.cded.74z3ew
Oh man ironwez is going to have a field day with this lol

Back