The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt the story itself was fairly average, but everything else about the movie (casting, tone, score, design) works so damn well for me that it almost doesn't matter. And I just find myself caught up in the hypnotizing effect of it all, much like you get with a David Fincher movie.

And honestly I'd much rather have a quieter and more reflective Batman story like this than one of those overly busy and convoluted plots we got from Nolan, where Batman is just one small cog in a giant machine.

Agreed. I can't help but like it for all the reasons you mentioned. To me, it was a few tweaks away from being a Se7en quality film (even in the fantastical setting).

I can easily watch the film and just drift away into that world, but some of those scenes I mentioned pull me out for that moment and I just find it so bizarre that Matt Reeves would have made those decisions, based on his earlier work.

Agreed. I can't help but like it for all the reasons you mentioned. To me, it was a few tweaks away from being a Se7en quality film (even in the fantastical setting).

I can easily watch the film and just drift away into that world, but some of those scenes I mentioned pull me out for that moment and I just find it so bizarre that Matt Reeves would have made those decisions, based on his earlier work.
Studio decisions maybe. I don't think matt reeves has big enough cajones to stand up to studio executives like tarantino nolan snyder scorcese or villeneuve

I always get the sense with these Batman movies that the directors are struggling with the studio's wishes to throw in these big showy action sequences that never fit the style of the rest of the movie. It seems to happen every time.

Back