The Alien Franchise Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'
- More coverage of Drake and Vasquez as reformed former juvenile offenders, which I thought was interesting subject, in the Special Edition, it was in some of the notes/artwork, that arc.
Very interesting. I always thought they were tight just because they had the same specialty, but this does help flesh out their relationship more.
aliens%2Bvasquez.png

vasquez%2Blocker.jpg

76djig.jpg

76diyh.jpg

76dhdd.jpg

76dhfz.jpg

Always liked these two, bit of posers, yet never hesitated to be first taking point on their respective squads.

c2fh2tm6j4a61.jpg

Alien: Romulus

Directed by
Fede Álvarez

Produced by
Ridley Scott

Written by
Fede Álvarez
Rodo Sayagues

Starring
Cailee Spaeny
Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Production companies
20th Century Studios

Distributed by
Hulu (United States)

https://collider.com/new-alien-sequel-fede-alvarez-directing-ridley-scott-producing/

The horror genre has seen a resurgence in the last decade and one of the directors that many horror fans have fallen in love with is Fede Álvarez. After taking on Deadites in his 2013 Evil Dead reboot and creating his own unique horror-thriller franchise of his own in Don’t Breathe, it looks like Álvarez has found his next project. Reported exclusively by The Hollywood Reporter, Álvarez will write and direct a new stand-alone Alien film for 20th Century Studios and original series' director Ridley Scott will produce the project through his Scott Free banner. The new film will be made for Hulu, rather than theaters, as part of an ambitious plan for 20th Century to make ten films a year for the Disney-owned platform.

Not much is known about the film at this time, but THR’s sources say that it is not connected to the previous films in the franchise. Those same sources say that Álvarez is a massive fan of the series and that he casually pitched the idea for this film to Scott years ago. That idea apparently stayed in Scott’s head all these years later, and he called Álvarez last year asking him if he still wanted to do it. The Don’t Breathe director did not waste any time agreeing to the project and said yes.

It seems to be quite the idea as 20th Century Division President Steve Asbell said they picked up the project “purely off the strength of Fede’s pitch.” He continued on by saying, “It was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven’t seen before.” Asbell also talked about the Hulu aspect of the project and how that allows them not to compromise their vision for a theatrical release. He stated, “It’s not a film that has to be all things to all people with those gargantuan budgets. They get to be authentically what they are. And this is closer to its genre roots.”

While it is very disappointing that this film will not get a theatrical release given that horror is always better with an audience in a large dark theater, at least it sounds like the series is going back to its deep horror aesthetic. .... The franchise also currently has a limited series in the works for the FX Network.

A book about Vasquez.

From a "horror and Latinx" perspective.

Well, this sounded pretty interesting until i read the reviews. I would love to know more about Vaz; never saw her as a mom though. Always thought that sort of thing would be the last thing on her mind. Constantly in trouble and maybe her and Drake were really tight and had been through stuff together. Whats it like being a badass woman in the Colonial Marines? I'd read that all day. But this is about her kids...? Pass.

So I bought Aliens: Bug Hunt instead.

Why does this town like her so much? Never watched Fleabag, was it really all that? She kind of reminds me of an awkward Ms Hathaway from "Beverly Hillbillies".

I just find it silly that the "strong female lead" has become a cliché for the Alien franchise. Heck, even the Predator franchise could change from a strong male lead to a strong female lead. Why not reverse it in the Alien franchise as well. It just seems formulaic. Covenant already suffered from this.

Having said that, if it's well written it'll work.

I'm still hoping we get a resolution to David's arc. I have an idea in my head for Colonial Marines, Aliens and Engineers all kicking off on David's Ourigae 6.

I'd love that, David was by far the most interesting character of the Prometheus/Covenant storyline, but I highly doubt we'll ever get another movie from that particular storyline. Scott really screwed up with Covenant.

I'd love that, David was by far the most interesting character of the Prometheus/Covenant storyline, but I highly doubt we'll ever get another movie from that particular storyline. Scott really screwed up with Covenant.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that one mi Amigo, I loved Covenant! :)

It's not that I hated it or anything, but it did seems a bit over the top in many aspects. It traded dread and tension for gore, and as I said, having to set up another heroine simply felt forced.
It still ranks easily above Resurrection for me though.

Alien
A3
Aliens
Prometheus
Covenant
AvP
Resurrection

And no, there's no other Alien movie.

It's not that I hated it or anything, but it did seems a bit over the top in many aspects. It traded dread and tension for gore, and as I said, having to set up another heroine simply felt forced.
It still ranks easily above Resurrection for me though.

Alien
A3
Aliens
Prometheus
Covenant
AvP
Resurrection

And no, there's no other Alien movie.
I can understand your points to be fair. Seeing as you showed me yours, here's mine....... :)

A L I E N
Aliens
Alien Covenant
Alien 3

Prometheus for me is an interesting failure and Alien Resurrection doesn't work for me as an Alien film, but is a fun, gory monster movie if you disassociate it from the rest of the Canon.

I can't stand the AVP movies, just a daft idea, but I do like the games.

And I'm still praying for the definitive 1/6 Big Chap figure........

Yeah, we all are praying for the definitive 1/6 figure... I swear, if only some company listened to me... I could guide them to making a perfect figure! :lol

I'm surprised that you place Covenant above A3... I find that A3 has a lot of very interesting things going for it, even the theatrical cut. But the workprint, or whatever it's called, is superior.
As for the AvP movies, yeah, it's a daft idea, but for what it is, I find the Paul Anderson movie very well made, and in a way very respectful of the original movies.

I like Prometheus and Covenant, but there are some short scenes and design choices in each that leave me disappointed and scratching my head.

Back