Thanos Comic Book Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xb24

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I want to know more about Thanos' origins and I saw this and wanted to ask what comic run this is? And is it already complete? Thank you

Smart YouTube TV_20200710_225417.jpg

It’s a mini from 2013 or so. “Thanos Rising” it’s called. It’s not as good as the classic Thanos stuff, but I liked it well enough. It’s better than the insanity of the recent OGNs Starlin wrote.

Thanks! I will give this a read.

What other Thanos comics do you recommend that has modern artwork?

Modern stuff? Honestly, I cannot think of anything. Most comics Post-10s are downright awful. Between 2012 and now Thanos got milked dry my Marvel and Disney. There's really nothing worth wasting time and money on. You're better off going back and reading the old stories. The Thanos Quest. Infinity Gauntlet/War/Crusade. The times he appeared in Silver Surfer. Warlock and the Infinity Watch. The most recent, and good, Thanos related thing I can think of is Marvel Universe: The End, but you need some general knowledge of Marvel/Thanos/Warlock first. After that give the DnA GotG run and the Annihilation stuff a read.

Actually the Donny Cates Thanos comic run “Thanos wins” is pretty damn amazing imo. Definitely worth a read

Back