Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaserFan

Super Freak
Reaction score

--------------------------

Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirms Terminator Role

Empire Online said:
While things have been relatively quiet on the Terminator news front since January, when Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis scored the job of writing the fifth instalment and Arnold Schwarzenegger used his trip to London as an excuse to keep pimping his involvement in the franchise, plenty has been happening behind the scenes. Word broke earlier this week that Paramount was in talks to make and distribute the new film and now here’s Arnie again chatting about his likely role.

"I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star AS the Terminator, which we start shooting in January,” he said, letting slip two very relevant pieces of intel about the film that, at the time of writing have yet to be confirmed officially by brother-sister producing team Megan and David Ellison.

For Arnie to return as the Terminator would most likely require some narrative quickstepping to explain his aged appearance or – much more likely – go the performance capture route as with Terminator Salvation.

Nothing has leaked yet about the direction this new outing will take, but if it really does start the cameras rolling next year, what do you think might happen with everyone’s favourite cyborg? And before anything can happen in terms of production, the film will need a director. Can an announcement about that be far off? Time will tell if this is all actual forward momentum and not just Arnie keeping the fan flames stoked…

Last edited:
Re: Terminator 5 - Shooting Jan 2014

Arnold as a old terminator the franchise is dead.

Cyberdyne Systems Geriatric Model 101

Robots don't age.

I'll keep an open mind but this franchise has had it's run imo, there doesn't seem to be much interesting stories left to tell.

The franchise ended definitively with T2. Everything else is just cashgrabbing by the studio.

Oh good and I'm sure it won't be another protecting John Connor story. No thanks. Would rather have the Salvation CGI Arnold.

Ridiculous.

I know everyone hates Salvation but at leas that movie took the story where it needed to, if the story were to continue that is. The story should be in the future, no time travel, no Arnie. Let it go.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Acknowledging that he's old would be an easy enough hole to plug from a script standpoint ... there's a hundred different ways you can do it. For instance, you could drop in something about Skynet making a range of "skins" for T800s (young to old) based on the same cloned DNA so they could have a range of disguises.

But, for me, Arnie coming back isn't going to fix what's wrong with the series. Cameron coming back would. But that ain't gonna happen. :monkey2

Terminator Salvation was fun after the crap-fest of T3, but I'm not sure what else there is to tell about this particular universe.

Ridiculous.

I know everyone hates Salvation but at leas that movie took the story where it needed to, if the story were to continue that is. The story should be in the future, no time travel, no Arnie. Let it go.

Arnie's still time traveling. He's just doing it slowly. One day at a time. And only into the future. But in his mind it's always 1985.

Robots don't age.

The endoskeleton doesn't but I see no reason why the flesh would be immune to the ageing process. They could easily explain why he looks old....just...do we want to see that. I don't think we really do.

I have to agree with everyone's sentiment here - not needed.

I'll watch it of course but my expectations are low.

I get the feeling they're not doing what I wish they would do and which evidently isn't the obvious no-brainer route that I think it is - the 2029 Kyle Reese story leading up to the time travelling - a complete film of just that.

Well, that sucks...
I was really hoping they would go with the idea of him being a sort of Weyland-esque character that would explain the look of the T-800 and T-850 models...

I am in the minority of people that liked Salvation. I would have liked to have seen a sequel. This sounds bad....

Maybe we won't see Arnold as the t800 anything is possible.

Maybe we won't see Arnold as the t800 anything is possible.

Candy.jpg

I am in the minority of people that liked Salvation. I would have liked to have seen a sequel. This sounds bad....

It was okay, would've been better if it was a more dark colur palette and had laser guns and just generally looked more like this...

4564-25-978052.jpg

Ridiculous.

I agree. I like Salvation and would like to see where it goes from there.

Back